• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geometry Wars vs Super Stardust HD vs Nano Assault Neo

I have all 3 and while Nano Assualt neo is a great game. A game I would have probably missed if not for GAF's recommendation I have to say geometry wars
galaxies
is the better of the 3.

hao chi

While it's fun, Stardust doesn't even come close to Geometry Wars for me.

No Wii U yet, so I haven't played Nano Assault Neo.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'll be honest — I haven't played the other two, but I have a hard time believing that either could top GW2, which is unquestionably one of the greatest games of all-time.

I've only played the original Nano Stray, and I don't recall it being anything like a twin stick shooter.

Nano Stray has one thing in common with Nano Assault: the word "nano". The series took on a whole different direction with the last two releases.

Oppo

Gotta go with SSHD. GW2 is excellent. But Stardust is transcendent.
Haven't played Nano Assault.

totowhoa

Banned
I love all three. I don't think I have a favorite -- I never had any one of those games take over my life or anything, nor did I get too heavy into high scores. I probably lean slightly more toward to SSHD and NAN since I've put less time into GW and I love the 3D fields.

I like Everyday Shooter most of all, but it's a very different game.

Haunted

Super Stardust HD is Black Ops to Geometry Wars' Counter-Strike.
JwA7x.gif

Biff

How many bonus points does SSHD get for being a 1080p 60fps game.... Released in 2007.

I vote 1 millionBILLION

MarkusRJR

I also want to throw in the fact that Super Stardust Delta on Vita is AMAZING. Best portable twin-stick shooter ever, especially because it has...well...twin sticks.

Super-Stardust-Delta-Gets-DLC-and-Pricing-Details-New-Screenshots-2.jpg

Super-Stardust-Delta-Gets-DLC-and-Pricing-Details-New-Screenshots-3.jpg
Yup. It's way better than SSHD. I don't know if I like it more than GW or NAN but they're all really good games.

Liamario

Banned
Geo wars and super stardust are different enough, that it would be impossible to choose one over the other. They offer something different and neither can really be replaced with the other.

Hero

Geometry Wars 2 based solely on Pacifism Mode. I sunk so much time into that game. Got pretty high on the leaderboards for that at some point too.

Oppo

That globe thing that SS HD does makes the limited playfield on GW seem like an aggravation.

zroid

Banned
That globe thing that SS HD does makes the limited playfield on GW seem like an aggravation.

One of my biggest problems with GW, sadly. I understand the advantages of being able to see every enemy present onscreen, but the game feels claustrophobic.

ultrazilla

Own all three.
Geometry Wars-best music.
Super Stardust-very fun.
Nano Assault Neo- dem graphics and soundtrack!

I'd give the edge to Nano Assault Neo though.

mooooose

Geo Wars but SSHD is definitely a better overall game.

Geo Wars is crazy hectic fun and SSHD is a fast paced good twin stick shooter.

Super Stardust HD is Black Ops to Geometry Wars' Counter-Strike.

I would agree with this but SSHD to Black Ops isn't that huge an insult, even if you meant it to be. SSHD is also way more polished than Black Ops compared to CS.

Heysoos

Geometry Wars by far. I only have Super Stardust on my Vita to go by, but I would very much prefer GW. That said, SS is a very good game.

SmZA

Am I the only person who finds GW2 unplayable because of excessive bloom and stuff all over the screen? I prefer the simplicity of GW1 (I still suck at it). I wish there was an option to tone down the effects.

keenest

For me SSHD > Geometry Wars 2 > Nano Assault Neo.

I would love to see a port of Super Stardust Delta to the PS3.

Another twin stick shooter worth checking out is Ion Assault. Sadly it is no longer available on XBLA but you can get it on Steam.

Haxxor

Never played NAN, but besides that geometry, for me, is on a pedistal that few other games can match. It's the perfect casual and hardcore party game with great modes, gfx and sound. Only other game that's even close is Mashed on polar warf and fast slippery vehicles.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Nice, someone already mentioned Nation Red. While we're sharing other good arena shooters I would add Mutant Storm Reloaded.

Also those of you who play Super Stardust (HD or Delta) and have the DLC should try the impact game type.

Hiltz

These top down spaceship shooters kind of remind me of Silent Death Online. That online PC game was fun as hell back in the late 90's. Too bad it was pay to play. If only it could be brought back to life on home consoles as a downloadable title.

I haven't played any of them, but plan on getting Nano Assault Neo once I pick up a Wii U some time next year. Geometry Wars always looked hypnotically addictive.

Ydahs

Absolutely love SSHD, but after spending several hours with Nano, I'd have to say I'm enjoying it quite a bit more. Both are superb.

I purchased GW on Steam not too long ago, but I found it my USB controller has a wonky left stick so it's unplayable. Need to buy a new one :/

GW2 was never released on PC, was it?

Geometry Wars 2: Pacifism mode is my most played game of this generation. Chasing that sweet score.

I really enjoy twin stick shooters, but the only thing that keeps me coming back forever is the mode that involves no shooting and only uses one stick. Go figure!

Suzzopher

Geometry Wars 2 and Geometry Wars Galaxies are quite wonderful.

I love the Stardust games too, but those two Geo Wars games are unmatched.

Fredrik

Geometry Wars will always hold a special place in my heart with it's minimalizm and focus on pure gameplay.

And Super Stardust is doing the same thing but with a more visual impact and a better weapon upgrade system.

But...

As a complete package I like Nano Assault the most since it has environments ala Super Mario Galaxy that actually matters, more varied levels, weapon purchases and a more strategic gameplay style than the other two. Plus, off-TV play makes it an instant winner either way.

How is that Geometry Wars Retro Evolved on Steam and what is different than GW XBLA exactly?

edit: just looked it up so it's just a straight port then? I wonder if i confused GW2 with it hmm don't remember which one i played years ago now

Top Bottom