• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Foreman calls out Steven Seagal wants to go 10 rounds hand to hand combat

studyguy

I mean it's less that Segal has no chance and more of he has no chance against a seasoned boxer of the relative same age who made a career of knocking the souls out of dudes probably twice the weight of Segal during most of his life.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
George Foreman is a bad dude. He's old as shit, but I'd put my money on him destroying Seagal. Bad dude past his prime >>>> Fat ass actor.

But who would win in a dance off?

Steven-Seagal-dancing.gif

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
There is a story in one of Hulk Hogan's biographies where he and George Forman went head to head for some kids at one of George's boys and girls clubs. Hulk Hogan said George went for real and his punching power was insane. Basically a glancing blow made Hogan buckle at the knees and pass out.

So probably RIP Segal.

Celebrity boxing is a time honored tradition that dates back to 2002.

Who could forget Manute Bol boxing William "The Refrigerator" Perry?

DnQ4mbd.jpg

I was only 15 at the time, but I remember watching that fight and immediately thinking "Damn, this is pretty exploitative. I feel pretty bad about watching this."

G-Bus

Banned
Don't think Formen knows what he's walking into.

If any one has a chance to beat Seagull it's Chuck Norris.

studyguy

There is a story in one of Hulk Hogan's biographies where he and George Forman went head to head for some kids at one of George's boys and girls clubs. Hulk Hogan said George went for real and his punching power was insane. Basically a glancing blow made Hogan buckle at the knees and pass out.

So probably RIP Segal.

There is, it's a great story:
Hulk Hogan said:
In the early 90's, wrestling champion Hulk Hogan agreed to three rounds of sparring with George Foreman to help raise money for charity.
There would be no need for Hogan to wear headgear as Foreman had promised not to throw any head shots. Sounds reasonable, right? Here's what Hogan had to say.

'So against my better judgment, I started boxing with George Foreman. The first time I tried to hit him I didn't even come close. Then I tried to hit him again, and again I missed him. You think George is slow when you watch him on TV. You think he's moving like molasses. But let me tell you, brother, when he starts with his bobbing and weaving, you wouldn't believe how fast he is.

No matter what I did I couldn't hit him and it was pissing me off. But George wasn't trying very hard to retaliate, so I was doing alright. Then just as we got near the end of the round, he got me in a corner.

I put my arms up to protect myself, figuring I could get through the last few seconds of the round if I stayed there like that. George was screwing around with me, going at me with these little baby punches. Then all of a sudden, he stepped back and threw a left hook at me. Wham! His hook hit me in the right arm, up by the shoulder. And he hit me so hard, MY WHOLE LEG WENT NUMB. That freaked me out. He hadn't hit me in the leg, but my leg had no feeling in it

I hobbled out of the corner and said "George, I swear to god, if you ever hit me that hard a second time I'll never talk to you again."

George thought it was hilarious. But it actually took the whole minute between rounds for the feeling to come back in my leg. I couldn't imagine him hitting me in the face with that hook, I'd be dead.

f301f67dad2b2592aa02df144152a607--george-foreman-hulk-hogan.jpg

I know there's been lots of posts about how awesome Foreman is, let me add one more.

He had an exceptionally long career, and he only ever lost a single fight by knockout. To friggin Ali fer crying out loud. He's in his late 60's and seemingly still has all his mental faculties well intact. Its not just that he's hugely strong, he might be one of the most resilient fighters of all time. You might have better results from hitting a statue of him, even now maybe.

Syder

Dude, say what you want but Aikido is not a bullshit martial art lol. It's based in jujutsu.
Sure but Steven Seagal is a 7th dan black belt and every video of him doing it looks like pro wrestling with his opponent over-selling every single move.

Pretty disrespectful of Foreman to call out an American Hero who has put his life on the line for the USA countless times.

Seagal could at least use the fight as an opportunity to catch up with his buddy Trump while in the country. Two tough guy stars who can 'do anything'.

aa6a9520cca4c1e73a16556d198022b3f3b6c650.jpg

What's the story of this image?

smurfx

get some go again
foreman might be old but he still knows how to throw a punch. he would knock out seagal really quick.

Dehnus

George says he is ready to go. He wants it to be like Enter the Dragon or Bloodsport. You get in the arena and can use whatever fighting style you want no weapons allowed.
Two geriatrics beating the shit out of each other? I think we found ourselves a new sport! No holds barred elderly fights!

😈

Beartruck

The real question I wanna know:

Foreman vs Van Damme

I predict Foreman does a good punch game, but Van Damme will do the splits and kick him into a wall of TVs.

Neith

Banned
seagal cant even actually fight lmao

george would destroy him

I mean, the dude could actually fight. Aikido has many ideas on how to handle opponents like that being based in jujutsu, but straight up boxing is not one of them.

Unless a heart attack got Foreman first he would obviously win this and most fights lol. Guy had insane power.

Real deal matchup would be Tyson vs Foreman in their primes.

Neith

Banned
Let's put it this way guys: Ali, yeah him, was LUCKY there was no rematch with Foreman. Foreman is easily of the greatest boxers ever.

You wanna talk about ducking fights? Ali ducked Foreman and no one can say otherwise. He knew he would lose in a straight up fight without all the bullshit surrounding it.

jdstorm

Banned
Its Rocky 4 but George Apollo Creed Foreman has decided to challenge an overweight aging actor rather then a steroid fuelled Ivan Drago.

Stiler

Foreman is a very humble man, I talked to him a while back when I got a glove for him to sign for my father for his birthday this past year and he even threw in a picture of him wearing the glove after he signed it for my dad.

I'd love to see him pummel Seagal, it'd be no contest really.

Seagal looks like he can hardly walk 30 feet, let alone throw his kicks and things like he used to be able to do. George still looks like he could easily throw some haymakers when he wants to.

remz

What's funny about this is that no one believes that Seagal has any chance whatsoever.

Aikido has lost a lot of respect over the years.

Internet and youtube makes it a lot harder to sell a bullshit martial art.

I really hate segal's movies. worst action "star." he couldn't even sell shit when he was young

UrokeJoe

Foreman is a very humble man, I talked to him a while back when I got a glove for him to sign for my father for his birthday this past year and he even threw in a picture of him wearing the glove after he signed it for my dad.

I'd love to see him pummel Seagal, it'd be no contest really.

Seagal looks like he can hardly walk 30 feet, let alone throw his kicks and things like he used to be able to do. George still looks like he could easily throw some haymakers when he wants to.

Met him myself and can confirm he is grounded. The man is real.

Neith

Banned
Internet and youtube makes it a lot harder to sell a bullshit martial art.

I really hate segal's movies. worst action "star." he couldn't even sell shit when he was young

He was pretty decent as the action star kids wanted to be though. The films themselves from this period are rarely good.

Also, guys, it doesn't matter if he is practicing a mostly useless martial art or something that is useful. One Foreman punch for a lot of people is going to be one too many lol.

Aikido has a basis in real world fighting, its techniques go beyond just fighting, and it's not like it's totally useless. People just hating on SS really need to do a little research. Yes, Aikido goes beyond just the violence part of fighting, but it still has many parts to it designed to neutralize a fighter or two.

It's certainly not going to win you a punching fight though, not unless you pull some crazy shit. I would say it all depends on who is doing aikido practices. It all depends on the innate skill of the fighter.

With SS I really have no clue how skilled or dangerous he was in his youth. He fat now though. And weird as hell.

Top Bottom