• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Foreman calls out Steven Seagal wants to go 10 rounds hand to hand combat

V9XQMMm.gif

Foreman has no chance against this mighty man

I don't know about Seagal--he just looks over the hill and tubby--but isn't Foreman like, barely a viable human being at this point?

Can Seagal claim victory if Foreman dies from pre-existing medical complications?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I think the best thing about that Segal "throw" gif is that it isn't just that he looks winded but everything about him from the way he holds himself to the look on his face is just radiating,"Fuck... is this what my life has come to?" so strongly.

AlexBasch

See, you joke all you want about Steven Seagal, but I'm convinced that he can deal a one hit KO if you get sloppy when fighting him.

Hell, imagine he's like a Dark Souls boss, just move around him and cheese some damage. Eventually he should get tired and that's where you strike. I hope he gets tired.

Or maybe, I don't know, he seems like a massive damage sponge.

All I can think is "Someone get Mike Tyson in on this, it'll be hilarious."

I'm pretty sure Mike, for whatever other problems he has, is actually much better preserved than these specimens. I think being a professional boxer is one of the few instances where the phrase, "The time he spent in prison really helped prevent a sharp post-middle age decline in his health" is actually applicable.

Tater

Sure but Steven Seagal is a 7th dan black belt and every video of him doing it looks like pro wrestling with his opponent over-selling every single move.

As someone who has been practicing Aikido for some time, let me tell you why that clip sucks and is embarassing:

- It's Steven Seagal (he is heavily disliked)
- Seagal is demonstrating a technique in that clip. As such, the other guy isn't going to resist him, as it's not polite. That's something you do when you're actually practicing the technique with your partner, once the teacher has shown the class.
- Seagal's technique in that clip is pretty bad. He's bending over to give the guy an extra push, but his posture is just bad, and he looks winded when he's done.

I would love to see this fight happen, and watch Seagal get hammered.

Unbounded

It has little-to-no practical use outside of an Aikido dojo.

That doesn't make it bullshit though.

The techniques work and can seriously fuck your shit up if you let them.

As for whether anyone in a real situation would be able to realistically pull them off successfully is a totally different story. (They probably wouldn't.)

EDIT: Oh and yeah, Aikido vs a Boxer is just a bad time for the Aikidoka.

Vildiil

Power is the last thing to go and George was the hardest puncher of all time, I'd bet on good ol George. I'd pay for this!

FUME5

As for whether anyone in a real situation would be able to realistically pull them off successfully is a totally different story. (They probably wouldn't.)

If you want to let me, I can seriously fuck your shit up too.

The amazing Marina Hyde does what she does best and destroys Seagal with words

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...gas-its-the-least-we-deserve?CMP=share_btn_tw

My favourite bit

A few days ago, former two-time heavyweight champion of the world and noted countertop grill retailer George Foreman took to Twitter to issue a challenge to cinema’s Steven Seagal. As all of us adrift on the strange tides of early 21st-century culture should know, Seagal is something of a renaissance man himself, combining age-inappropriate, straight-to-gif action roles with functioning both as a hench-sensei/fat best friend to Vladimir Putin, and as an occasional spokesmodel for the Russian arms industry.

Chuckie

The amazing Marina Hyde does what she does best and destroys Seagal with words

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...gas-its-the-least-we-deserve?CMP=share_btn_tw

My favourite bit

A few days ago, former two-time heavyweight champion of the world and noted countertop grill retailer George Foreman took to Twitter to issue a challenge to cinema's Steven Seagal. As all of us adrift on the strange tides of early 21st-century culture should know, Seagal is something of a renaissance man himself, combining age-inappropriate, straight-to-gif action roles with functioning both as a hench-sensei/fat best friend to Vladimir Putin, and as an occasional spokesmodel for the Russian arms industry.

"Straight-to-gif" That is fucking genius :D

I hope this fight happens and I hope Mr Foreman punches Seagals had off.

As far as a combat goes, that is precisely what it makes it.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful of the art itself nor do I make light of the effort it takes to practice it well but as an actual, practical fighting style, it's largely useless.

I mean, Capoera is a ridiculously difficult art form and I respect the hell out of people who do it well but generally speaking, using it in a fight would get you crucified.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'll take you to the bank Mr. Foreman

To the Blood Bank

Szu

Wait, I just realized that Seagal is a Russian citizen.

Could this be viral marketing for the Creed sequel?

What gets me about that horrible Russian demo video is that Segal is barely moving and he still looks exhausted.

As if the physical energy required to pretend to make guys fall was something he needed to mentally prepare for ahead of time:

"Today is the day I've got to stand for five minutes straight while also using my arms occasionally. I can do this."

Steejee

Well, Aikido *is* good for teaching you how to fall safely and is pretty neat in general, but in an actual fight you're liable to get your head beat in trying to do those techniques.

Vs a Boxer it's straight up useless - no boxer who's not a total beginner is going to commit to their punches in a way that aikido could take advantage of. You're not going to flip a guy on a jab

I'd love to see Foreman vs Seagal just to see Seagal's fat Putin loving ass taken out.

Top Bottom