• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GERD

Oh man I ran out of Pantoprazole and I'm too broke to get some OTC meds for my gerd.

Anyone know of any home remedies? It's pretty bad right now and almost to the point I feel like hurling.

I need to get checked out for this.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Turmeric powder. My wife was diagnosed with GERD on her second pregnancy and she tried turmeric instead. 1/2 TBSP each morning,. More doesn't hurt if you can tolerate it. Symptoms went away and stayed away and she never had to go on pills.

quick EDIT: she still has GERD. If she stops taking turmeric for awhile (like a week) the symptoms gradually return.

Last edited:
Turmeric powder. My wife was diagnosed with GERD on her second pregnancy and she tried turmeric instead. 1/2 TBSP each morning,. More doesn't hurt if you can tolerate it. Symptoms went away and stayed away and she never had to go on pills.
Thanks. I'm gonna put that on a shopping list. I've heard good things about turmeric powder.

Btw does baking soda help? We have some at home readily available.

Edit: looks like I don't have baking soda. What about Sprite?

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Thanks. I'm gonna put that on a shopping list. I've heard good things about turmeric powder.

Btw does baking soda help? We have some at home readily available.

Edit: looks like I don't have baking soda. What about Sprite?
I don't know tbh. Wish I had more home remedies to offer but that's the only one I can say works from a first-hand (well, secondhand) perspective.

Kamina

Golden Boy
goosebumps.jpg

Don't you have baking soda? Just mix with warm water and consume.
I thought I did but I can't find it if I do.

I tried drinking some Sprite to see if that would help, at least to help me burp.

I'd go get some Omeprazole but I'm literally at 65 cents in my bank account so that's out of the question.

I do have milk but that just seems to create more phlegm.

Catphish

Oh man I ran out of Pantoprazole and I'm too broke to get some OTC meds for my gerd.

Anyone know of any home remedies? It's pretty bad right now and almost to the point I feel like hurling.

I need to get checked out for this.
A half teaspoon of baking soda in a half cup of water. Drink, burp, and be on your way. The relief is instant.

It's what use when I'm out of omeprazole & Tums. It's perfectly safe and works like a charm. 👍

edit: for me, carbonated soda like Sprite & 7Up only work temporarily. It'll come back, likely within minutes. I recommend you scrounge up some change and go get some baking soda. A box is only like $1.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Wtf...
I'm reading throught gerd syntoms and...i may have gerd too??

In the last couple of months i had heartburn and almost all the other stuff like feeling something on my throat etc.

What is a definitive test to know if you have it or not?

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Ginger, turmeric, and licorice can help.

Long-term use of PPIs is not ideal for many reasons. If you also have IBS, PPIs could lead to bacterial overgrowth and make your bowel’s condition potentially worse.

Wtf...
I'm reading throught gerd syntoms and...i may have gerd too??

In the last couple of months i had heartburn and almost all the other stuff like feeling something on my throat etc.

What is a definitive test to know if you have it or not?
Try 10-14 days of Omeprazole or Pantoprazole (Pantoprazole can be bought prescription-free), once a day on an emtpy stomach (don’t eat anything for at least 20-30 minutes, even if a full hour is suggested). If you have GERD your symptoms should significantly improve within a week. This won’t work 100% of the time, but if it works, GERD is likely.

Top Bottom