• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German GamePro gives BOTW 94/100, their 2nd highest Zelda review score ever

Scoops

Banned
And their highest scores on PS4 and Xone have been Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4 which both got 92/100.

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Reviews Suggest That The Game Is A Masterpiece
By Ashar Ahmad / 2 hours ago

While the game might still be a few days away, Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild reviews have slowly started pouring in ahead of the 3rd March release date.

The latest of the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild reviews comes in from a German outlet, GamePro which awarded the game a whopping 94/100 which is amazing considering the same outlet gave The Witcher 3 a 92/100.

This Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review score makes it the 2nd highest rated game from GamePro with the #1 title being Grand Theft Auto IV.

Since Nintendo Switch isn’t available in the market yet and will be launching alongside the game on 3rd March, this review might be based on the WiiU version of the game unless the website got their hands on the console early.

The first of the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild reviews was from EDGE magazine which also happened to love the game. The outlet gave the game a perfect 10/10 score and referred to it as the most important entry in the series in the last 20 years and even better than the epic Ocarina of Time.

Most of the major outlets like IGN, GameSpot still have their review in-progress and haven’t given the latest Legend of Zelda game any score yet but the two reviews that are out seem to be nothing but praises for the open world game.

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, from all accounts, seems to be the most ambitious Zelda game Nintendo has ever made.

Not only is it the first proper open world title in the franchise but it is also said to be brimming with content and a map twice the size of Skyrim.

The game will be available on 3rd March for both WiiU and Nintendo Switch. The Nintendo Switch version will reportedly drain the handheld’s battery in little over 2 hours when played in portable mode.

http://segmentnext.com/2017/02/27/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-reviews/

pablito

94? Nice, very nice.

Higher than Witcher 3? Speaks very well of the game.

Highest score is...GTA4?

Womp womp

Gta IV is totally deserving of that score i really dont get the scorn behind that game. Anyway great to see this reviewing well so far. Makes me happy to think we could have another mario 64 on our hands

Hasney

Yeahhh

Entrance%2B4.gif
ish

phanphare

Banned
can't wait to keep hearing about GTA IV and Skyward Sword in regards to BotW's critical reception

/s

good score tho. there seems to be a trend forming and it's that BotW is one of those rare once in a [_insert_range_of_time_] games and a potential new high water mark for the video game medium as a whole. the wait until friday gets longer and longer as it gets closer.

Jacce

Banned
I honestly could have never imagined the consensus would be this would end up being the consensus best open world game of all time above the likes of Skyrim, Horizon, GTA V, etc just a month back but thats where things seem to be heading. Insane. Pretty remarkable for Nintendo's first true open world game ever. Still kind of in shock.

Eolz

I honestly could have never imagined the consensus would be this would end up better than Horizion of the big two open world fantasy games just a month back but thats where things seem to be heading. Insane. Pretty remarkable for Nintendo's first true open world game ever. Still kind of in shock.

Oh look, zelda vs horizon again.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly could have never imagined the consensus would be this would end up better than Horizion of the big two open world fantasy games just a month back but thats where things seem to be heading. Insane. Pretty remarkable for Nintendo's first true open world game ever. Still kind of in shock.

It's their second true open world game. Xenoblade X being the first.

RootCause

lol you're kidding right? Horizon proved everyone wrong. One of the most doubted games in recent memory, because it was a GG game.

Some of you live in la la land.

LotusHD

Banned

Can't say I'm surprised, although the whole growing consensus about it potentially being a game of the generation and what not is what shocked me. Did not expect the praise to go that far.

But other than that, yea, if any series was going to nail an open world, it'd be Zelda.

LordKano

Worst than Twilight Princess ? Pre-order cancelled.

the hate for GTAIV seems so exaggerated at this point

i can't stay out of these Zelda threads. i'm trying not to let the hype get to me, but IT COMES OUT IN A FEW DAYSL: Hkm;galsfhn

phanphare

Banned
lol you're kidding right? Horizon proved everyone wrong. One of the most doubted games in recent memory, because it was a GG game.

Some of you live in la la land.

perhaps but it became very clear when the previews started rolling in that it was going to be a good game

Hoo-doo

Banned

You're right.

GTAV got a 97
Batman: Arkham City got a 95
Red Dead got a 95
God of War 2 got a 95
RE4 got a 94
Killzone 3 got a 94
Uncharted 3 got a 94
AC: Black Flag got a 94
Deep 3D: Submarine Odyssey got a 94 (What is this game even?)

Quonny

I honestly could have never imagined the consensus would be this would end up being the consensus best open world game of all time above the likes of Skyrim, Horizon, GTA V, etc just a month back but thats where things seem to be heading. Insane. Pretty remarkable for Nintendo's first true open world game ever. Still kind of in shock.

Joke post?

Horizon was getting constant shit for being a from Guerrilla, delays, and so on. Most common consensus was 'it'll probably be ok, 6.5/10'. Meanwhile people were all 'omgzelda best game ahhhh'.

Both are looking to be excellent.

Malus

Same outlet, I'm guessing probably not the same reviewer? Anyways I don't see much point in directly comparing review scores like "oh it scored x points higher than y game therefore..." especially when the difference is so tiny.

Still the good scores are exciting of course!

Hektor

There's a reason gamepro is often reffered to as hypepro in germany

God Of War 2, Red Dead Redemption, Batman: Akrham City got 95% each
Super Mario Galaxy 1+2, Uncharted 3, killzone 3 94%

etc

Jacce

Banned
perhaps but it became very clear when the previews started rolling in that it was going to be a good game

Yeah it was obvious it was going to be great in the last few months. There was A LOT of doubt Nintendo would be be able to fully pull off the open world experience up until the reviews for BotW started hitting.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I find it funny when people compare scores for games that are totally different from each other, not to mention different reviewers.

Top Bottom