• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Retailer found some boxes of SNES games and listed them online...

Neo_GAF

Banned
Edit:Not just some boxes, but several boxes sealed by nintendo with dozens of games in there, mostly SNES-stuff.

Karstadt/Kaufhof/Horten/Galeria used to be biggest department stores in Germany.
Out of nowhere there were rumours a couple of months ago, that somewhere in an old warehouse a few sealed boxes were found with dozens of SNES games back from the 90s.
Since there were no pictures, i did not think or investigate any further.

Now out of nowhere today at 6 in the morning LUFIA was posted on their website.
bildschirmfoto2021-0923kbo.png

I think the Galaria gave up their electronics department last year, until then, it was basically, where i was able to see all the glorious new videogames back then in the 80s and 90s first before i was able to buy videogame mags.

So, i dunno, maybe some of you have more info about this?
did this happen anywhere else?

Last edited:

Rykan

Wow! Is that the big box version of Lufia that came with the strategy guide included?

If that is new in box, it's definitely worth way more than that asking price.

Neo_GAF

Banned
its completely new in box and i really wonder what else there is behind that rumour. i wasnt able to get any of those, but since i read this a few weeks ago and now this game popped up, i wonder what else we can look forward to.

Rat Rage

Edit:Not just some boxes, but several boxes sealed by nintendo with dozens of games in there, mostly SNES-stuff.

Karstadt/Kaufhof/Horten/Galeria used to be biggest department stores in Germany.
Out of nowhere there were rumours a couple of months ago, that somewhere in an old warehouse a few sealed boxes were found with dozens of SNES games back from the 90s.

I think the Galaria gave up their electronics department last year, until then, it was basically, where i was able to see all the glorious new videogames back then in the 80s and 90s first before i was able to buy videogame mags.

The deal is over...

eK4YS43.gif

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member

Damn, that was actually one of the first games I played and possibly the one that got me into RPGs to begin with.
The listing is still there, but it seems to be the only SNES game, at least the only result when looking for "Nintendo Videospiel".

But who knows how inconsistent their listings are...

Top Bottom