• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GermanGAF: McDonald's Happy Meal Mario toys are back

oti

Banned
JkF3hUi.png

The figurines are pretty ok. Not as good as amiibo of course but not terrible either. I'd recommend the Luigi one (got it from their last run). Just got fire Mario and coin jump Mario too. And I need Penguin Mario I mean just look at him!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i want the yoshi one

sweden plz

The same collection hit Russian McDonalds few weeks ago. Bought a few and think they they are too glossy and flimsy due to having some mechanics. The build quality is worse than of mostly static figurines form previous collection:

Luigi and Peach, though, came back from that collection, and they definitely feel nice; you can also see that they are matte. I can also recommend Mario hat which I liked so much I bought several of them.

The Hermit

I have the Luigi and Toad.

In Brazil thell have a Mario kart version this week but I think this already was released in the US before right?

Skyzard

Banned
Nice. Time to get eating at mcdonalds. Got the whole of the last set and thought it was really damn good for a mcdonalds toy. They are on my shelf now even! Probably won't try to get the whole lot this time though.

We had these a month ago here in the UK. It's weird how McDonalds does it's rotation with toys.

Dang, maybe I missed it then. Somehow ignored all the German parts of the OP lol :S

Donos

Why? Isn't it all just the same? That's the whole point of a fast food brand.

Nope, every time i go to Spain, Italy or England, they have stuff, we don't have in germany (like the big mcsundae with cream and strawberry sauce they have in Spain) but also we get stuff they don't have. Basics are the same.

Nice. Time to get eating at mcdonalds. Got the whole of the last set and thought it was really damn good for a mcdonalds toy. They are on my shelf now even! Probably won't try to get the whole lot this time though.

These one are not as well-built then the last collection, though, mostly because of the glossy plastic.

Skyzard

Banned
These one are not as well-built then the last collection, though, mostly because of the glossy plastic.

Yeah...they do look a little weirder in the picture than the last set.

Mostly I want the penguin and boomerang Mario. They look alright.

TBH I was surprised they could pull off quality like the last set so I'm not too surprised.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
These are the same as the UK toys released a month or two ago. Took me three weeks and regular visits to track them all down, I have a thing for collecting old fast food toys like the old Sonic and Digimon ones.

Yeah...they do look a little weirder in the picture than the last set.

Mostly I want the penguin and boomerang Mario. They look alright.

Just FYI, Boomerang Mario is an action figure. There's a button on the back which controls Mario's hand, if you press it fast enough, Mario will throw the boomerang.

Skyzard

Banned
Just FYI, Boomerang Mario is an action figure. There's a button on the back which controls Mario's hand, if you press it fast enough, Mario will throw the boomerang.

Goddamn want.

Thanks, will try and hunt it down still.

A few of those karts look decent too. Bowser and Peach though...

barit

Ich liebe es.
not

I want Naughty Dog toys at McDonalds :( Dat Clicker next to your Cheeseburger, delicious.

But looking good overall. Nintendo fans will love it

Footos22

The coin block one is awesome even makes the coin sound when you slide him up the pole .

fire mario ejects cardboard fireballs and yoshi and penguin mario are pull backs, everything else is static though. the peach one is probably the worst happy meal toy my kids have ever had.
the last lot were better from a few years ago. they make my shitty factory desk look nice though.

Xater

Germany has the McRib 365 days a year.

But why would anyone want to eat that disgusting thing anyway?

That is an excellent question. I am always confused by people actually wanting that thing. I ate it once and never again.

Hegarol

Just came back from McD.

Its possible to buy the toys without the menu, but its 3€ each. Didn't do it, the figures looked cheap and a bit too expensive.

Top Bottom