• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany 2015 PS4/Xbone Console Report.

Kyougar

Thanks for finding that Moonstone (in the Pal Thread).

This is a Report from idealo.de the biggest price comparison Website in Germany. Alexa Rank 29 in Germany and 1058 worldwide.

This is in no means a Sales report. Just an overview of the demand of console hardware and games from Idealo, who checks most Retailers for their price on any given product and let users compare the price on the website.

Again: This is NOT Sales, just Consumer interest on the biggest price comparison Website in Germany.

So for the report:

hardfacts_spielekonso1gsz0.png

1. Console interest
2. Price
3. game interest for next-gen
4. most sought after game

nachfrageverteilung-kwwskv.jpg

interest for consoles.

beliebteste_spiele_20h1sl8.jpg

interest for specific games.

preisentwicklung_spiepfski.jpg

Price History

nachfrage-spiele-playbvsoh.png

interest between PS4 and PS3

nachfrage-spiele-xboxsjs1w.png

interest between 360 and One

Source (including November): http://www.idealo.de/blog/20518-kon...laystation-4-weiterhin-klar-vor-der-xbox-one/

2014 Report: http://www.gamefront.de/archiv12-20...-Deutschland-PS4-vs-Xbox-One---Idealo-de.html

Theorry

Funny how a marketing deal works a little when you look at Fallout and then it totally doesnt when you look at FIFA.

Sony deserve it. They have made the greatest console and controller ever designed with the best library of games bar none. Their fans deserve these awards and accolades.

Haunted

I didn't know idealo.de was the biggest one, I think I've used billiger.de and guenstiger.de in the past.

That said, a decisive 9:1/8:2 split if you compare PS44 and XB1 directly, and the XB1 being around the same level (or slightly below?) the WiiU in terms of volume and interest seems fairly spot on with my anecdotal observations when going out to retail stores, talking to friends etc.

I think they just took a look on consoles, excluding PC.
thatsthejoke

Funny how a marketing deal works a little when you look at Fallout and then it totally doesnt when you look at FIFA.

I don't think marketing has anything to do with it. The people with an xbox one are probably the hardcore gamers and they buy games like Fallout 4.

A lot of people that have a PS4 are casual players and only buy a console for COD and Fifa. (I know that's the case in Belgium.)

Hoo-doo

Banned
I don't think marketing has anything to do with it. The people with an xbox one are probably the hardcore gamers and they buy games like Fallout 4.

A lot of people that have a PS4 are casual players and only buy a console for COD and Fifa. (I know that's the case in Belgium.)

Why wouldn't the 'hardcore gamer' play FO4 on the PS4? Why would the 'hardcore gamer' be more likely to own a XB1 in the first place? Because I strongly doubt it's true.

Raist

Banned
I didn't know idealo.de was the biggest one, I think I've used billiger.de and guenstiger.de in the past.

That said, a decisive 9:1/8:2 split if you compare PS44 and XB1 directly, and the XB1 being around the same level (or slightly below?) the WiiU in terms of volume and interest seems fairly spot on with my anecdotal observations when going out to retail stores, talking to friends etc.

thatsthejoke

Checks out with HW LTD too. Last numbers we got was through March 15.

PS4: 1.600,000
Xbox One: 378,000
Ratio: ~4.2

The "interest" ratio here is higher (almost 6:1) but it doesn't surprise me since the sales ratio started only at 2.5:1 through 2013.

Caayn

Is there a graph showing the sales data for the same months as the console interest graph does? Would be interesting to see how much of these "interests" translates into actual sales.

Why wouldn't the 'hardcore gamer' play FO4 on the PS4? Why would the 'hardcore gamer' be more likely to own a XB1 in the first place? Because I strongly doubt it's true.

How many people have a PS4 and Xbox One? And the people buying an xbox one are surely not the casual players, most of them probably don't know the xbox one exists. I have literally seen no advertising whatsoever for the Xbox One in Belgium, so it wouldn't surprise me it's the same thing in Germany.

Of course! Xbox is for hardcore players and PS4 is for casuals. Yes, that make sense.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1537-1377621562-19.gif

Seems like XBOX One is losing.

But seriously, everybody who saw the PS4 launch videos from Germany should figure that we're a PlayStation country.

Alo0oy

Banned
Xbox One + Xbox 360 interest = 16%
PS3 = 16%

Do we have to look even further? Germany was/is always Sony-Land.

In last week's chart in Germany the best selling PS3 title charted higher than XB1 (that's the case in most of mainland EU actually).

It's probably why cross-gen for FIFA won't be going away anytime soon, FIFA still does better on PS3 than XB1 even two years after launch in the game's largest market.

Raist

Banned
In last week's chart in Germany the best selling PS3 title charted higher than XB1 (that's the case in most of mainland EU actually).

It's probably why cross-gen for FIFA won't be going away anytime soon, FIFA still does better on PS3 than XB1 even two years after launch in the game's largest market.

FIFA never goes anywhere. What was the last one released on PS2 again? 2014?

Radec

80% of those fallout 4 pie are just casuals too?

Suuuurrre...

desu

Well Germany is a Playstation country, but I think Microsoft basically killed their console here with their initial reveal. I remember the time when you couldn't get a single PS4 but they had stacked like 100 Xbones at the store.

S/he's not completely wrong, "casuals" in Germany and most of Europe probably don't know Xbox exists.

I always enjoy the "casuals don't know X exists" argument. It is possible that people are aware both consoles exist since, ya know, both consoles are displayed prominently next to each in stores and online, and they simply choose the PS4.

airborn

Surprised to see that neither console has dropped below the 300 Euro mark in Germany (yet).

Those Xbox One FIFA 16 or Gears of War UE bundles are selling for 270 Euro in a neighboring tier 2 country. A standalone PS4 starts at 275-280 Euro..

desu

Surprised to see that neither console has dropped below the 300 Euro mark in Germany (yet).

Those Xbox One FIFA 16 or Gears of War UE bundles are selling for 270 Euro in a neighboring tier 2 country. A standalone PS4 starts at 275-280 Euro..

This is simply a price comparison site.

Xbox one has had crazy discounts and bundles in the last 6-9 months. PS4 had some decent discounts but waaaaaaay fewer times.

Nightbird

Sony deserve it. They have made the greatest console and controller ever designed with the best library of games bar none. Their fans deserve these awards and accolades.

Sheesh, get a room!

@Topic, this doesn't suprise me at all. PS4 is dominating here, and XB1/WiiU are battling for the leftovers

Theorry

I always enjoy the "casuals don't know X exists" argument. It is possible that people are aware both consoles exist since, ya know, both consoles are displayed prominently next to each in stores and online, and they simply choose the PS4.

I dont get it either. He my 70 old grandma even knows Xbox One exist. She asked me wich one she should get for my nephew when he graduated.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
S/he's not completely wrong, "casuals" in Germany and most of Europe probably don't know Xbox exists.

Well, I think it's a mutual understanding. Microsoft doesn't know these people exist either. The Lord Phil giveth and he taketh away.

erale

Nothing surprising here. Wasn't that much different in last gen. Germany is a PlayStation country and it will always be...

Germany was a country MS specifically talked about expanding in, any "It was always PSland" "casuals don't know what an Xbox is" is contradictory to what MS thought before the generation started.

Checks out with HW LTD too. Last numbers we got was through March 15.

PS4: 1.600,000
Xbox One: 378,000
Ratio: ~4.2

The "interest" ratio here is higher (almost 6:1) but it doesn't surprise me since the sales ratio started only at 2.5:1 through 2013.

I wonder what it's like now. The PS4 is at over 2 million sales for the region.

Top Bottom