• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get ready for even lower birth rates in Japan, Love Plus 3DS dated for fall!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This may have already apeared in the famitsu topic, which I can't find.

SpJ4E.png

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/10/project-loveplus-dated-for-fall-in-japan/
This week’s issue of Famitsu has an update on Project LovePlus. The only detail that leaked out is a release window. Konami has the Nintendo 3DS LovePlus game slated for fall in Japan.

One new feature Konami mentioned for the 3DS version is a "boyfriend lock." By using the handheld’s camera, the girls in Project LovePlus recognize the player and respond to strangers by asking "who are you?" So, don’t get a makeover or anything otherwise your virtual girlfriend may not know who you are.

Update: More details about Project LovePlus from Famitsu leaked out. The Nintendo 3DS game connect with the LovePlus arcade game. Players will be able to unlock special events and cosplay outfits. Your virtual girlfriend will befriend another player’s girlfriend. After communication is established, the two characters will send each other "e-mails" with photos of events. It’s unclear if this is a StreetPass feature or through another system.

Players can also watch their LovePlus girlfriend walk to school. Scenes show the girls carrying items like backpack and an umbrella or riding a bicycle. There will be a way to transfer data from a previous LovePlus game and Project LovePlus supports SD card saves.

That camera thing thing sounds like some NTR waiting to happen.

2th

Banned
i remember trying a dating sim once. that was when i was starting high school over 10 years ago. i honestly dont see the appeal in them for anyone over the age of maybe 21 but guess those japanese guys get ronery.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Remember that guy who married his DS (Love Plus)? Will he divorce her (it) and go after the 3DS?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
ULTROS! said:
Remember that guy who married his DS (Love Plus)? Will he divorce her (it) and go after the 3DS?
He'll just transfer his wife to the new platform via the import feature.

linko9

Not that anyone cares, but that mockup in the OP is inaccurate; the 3DS can't display 3D when the system is turned sideways, and all games are required to be in 3D.

EDIT: beaten.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
"2D girlfriends" aren't helping Japan's population (I guess they're "3D" now... but they still can't have babies!)

But in all fairness... Japan has a declining population because they are one of the few developed nations which doesn't have open immigration.

Nearly ALL the developed nations of the world aren't having enough kids to maintain the population... That includes America, Canada, Europe, Australia...

They just let people move there from undeveloped countries... where they are still doing it like rabbits, as usual.

linko9 said:
Not that anyone cares, but that mockup in the OP is inaccurate; the 3DS can't display 3D when the system is turned sideways, and all games are required to be in 3D.

EDIT: beaten.

I think the answer is no. Nintendo didn't force developers to do that. It is optional.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Foliorum Viridum said:
Japan is fucking weird.
God bless 'em. Life is more interesting with Japan around.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Foliorum Viridum said:
Japan is fucking weird.

Because the 30,000 or so people that will buy this game are a representation for a whole country, right?

linko9 said:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/3DS-...to-Use-3D-Features-Nintendo-Says-191754.shtml

It appears you're right, don't know why I thought that. Anyway, for such a high profile release, it will almost certainly be in 3D, though I guess an optional "book mode" wouldn't be out of the question.
i'm betting that the bulk of the game will remain in book mode (as the original was) but that there will be a skeevy 'model viewer' or some such thing in 3D where you can view your virtual girl once you've grown your 'relationship' to the sufficient six inches.

kswiston

djtiesto said:
Because the 30,000 or so people that will buy this game are a representation for a whole country, right?

Your point still stands, but Love Plus and similar games have sold in the 200-300k range. There are definitely more people into this sort of thing in Japan than North America (where it would sell 30k or so), even if those people still make up a minority.

The book mode isn't preventing the 3D, when you're holding it in book mode, you only see one set of the image, that's all. It's still "in 3D" if you were to view it the normal way.

This game has the button you press to have your girl coax you out of suicide, right?
Or was that the previous game in the series?

plagiarize said:
i'm betting that the bulk of the game will remain in book mode (as the original was) but that there will be a skeevy 'model viewer' or some such thing in 3D where you can view your virtual girl once you've grown your 'relationship' to the sufficient six inches.
I think the developers said the girls react too where you are viewing. So if you stare at her chest, she will call you a pervert. If you stare at her panties, she will call the police. I wonder if you can rape her?

From The Dust said:
I think the developers said the girls react too where you are viewing. So if you stare at her chest, she will call you a pervert. If you stare at her panties, she will call the police. I wonder if you can rape her?
That's not creepy at all

Neuromancer said:
That's not creepy at all

it's not like I want rape them. I was just wondering if it's an option for people who want a little force in their love life. not that I'm one of them

Sebulon3k said:
I want to buy it just to see how it plays, and if they have any black girls.

there's no black people in Japan, silly :p

Dunan

Wow, in book mode the 3DS takes its right-hander-centrism to a new level. Or can it be flipped like some of the DS brain training games could?

I think the Love Plus phenomenon is hilarious; supposedly guys are even traveling to the town where this game is set (somewhere in Kanagawa? or was it Saitama?) just to get a better experience. Even if you have no interest in virtual lovers, you have to admit that totally-off-the-wall ideas like the ones that went through the heads of the people who pitched this game can only be good for the industry.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Looks like this one is mostly played in regular mode, not book mode. Most of the famitsu screenshots were horizontal.

I will pick it up in Fall, but I hope I won't miss too much stuff just because I won't be able to sync my game with the arcade version :(

angelfly

A lot later than the originally planned Spring release but I can wait. Still troubling that there's still no confirmation on being able to import data from the DS version.

Mr_Elysia

It's another "Oh Japan" game but shouldn't we allow for the chemical evocation of any sensory stimulation a medium can provide? If you can get excited by pretending to be a space marine, or an adrenaline rush from make-believe car racing, do you really think you have room to call people out from simulating a love reaction?

They do tend to go...pretty fucking overboard though. And I won't devil's advocate the um...partners they tend to simulate.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sebulon3k said:
Is that the one where he meets his classmate that he has a crush on in the virtual world?
Nope. He's playing a one player adult VR game. Through a glitch he ends up swapping roles with the AI, so he ends up as the girl and is dominated.

I only saved that panel and one from the end when he finally gets out of the game, so there's no point in asking me for a title since I've long since forgotten.

Top Bottom