• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get ready for the announcement of a major studio acquisition (SIE)

Moses85

Kojima went on his own didn’t he? And Sony don’t own the studio, he just makes games for PS? Would be free cash for him really.
Kojima is no major Studio.. He brought one IP, if he left Kojima Productions and creates Kojima Industry’s, Sony owns DS 👏🏻
This is nothing compared to aquir Bethesda for example.

Fbh

If true I hope it's a Japanese studio. They have enough talented western devs already

They bought Konami and will be doing a massive internal restructuring. The reason they haven't truly shown the Ps5 yet is because it's a pachinko machine

Last edited:

Thabass

Platinum just got some of that sweet sweet Tencent money for backing, I don't think they are going for sale just yet.

Ah right. They can probably self publish atm. Nevermind.

Oh dear god let it be Platinum.

See above. Probably not.

Kojima is no major Studio.. He brought one IP, if he left Kojima Productions and creates Kojima Industry’s, Sony owns DS 👏🏻
This is nothing compared to aquir Bethesda for example.

Yeah, no, KojiPro is definitely a major studio and has been for many years.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Really not a fan of consolidation. I appreciate the appeal in terms of stability and potential for resource support, but when a studio gets folded into a larger group they are always at the whims of corporate planning and fiscal strategy.

bitbydeath

Dunno, never saw this guy before.

A quick google search with neogaf mentioned found this.

FoxyGamesUK or rather his sources are never wrong

People seem to be backing Foxy over Twitter and Reddit as well.

Heinrich

Banned

meh. FromSoftware would be much better. Remedy didn’t do anything good since Alan wake

bitbydeath

I wonder if it’s related to this comment from OsirisBlack OsirisBlack .

unfortunately things are going to get very Sony FFVII = Nintendo and SE relationship around here very soon.

ethomaz

Banned
EN2tKcfXkAsRi0w

Salty lol

ethomaz

Banned
I know you’re joking but now I wonder if Sony has the amount of cash at hand for that to happen.
Yes they have enough to buy the whole Take2... not just Rockstar.
It has in cash without need to sell assets.

Only THE BEST remastering studio with a triple AAA Demon Souls Remake ready to go, who have been working hand in hand with Sony.
And it is not major.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Yes they have enough to buy the whole Take2... not just Rockstar.
It has in cash without need to sell assets.

And it is not major.

Your talking about the absolute biggest of the biggest developers... that's just not going to happen.

Any developer that's working/releasing in the AAA space is major in this context.

MDSLKTR

I wonder if it’s related to this comment from OsirisBlack OsirisBlack .

I've been reading the quote for a minute and I still don't understand it.

Chromata

I hope they save the news for the Playstation reveal event. They've already been quite secretive, they might as well go all out with the event.

I know in the long run it doesn't really matter but I missed the spectacle of a grand reveal show since we haven't had one in a long time.

Top Bottom