• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get ready for the announcement of a major studio acquisition (SIE)

ethomaz

Banned
I hate to rain on your guys parade but foxy games uk is bottom of the barrel fro rumors. Ive listened to his stuff for awhile now, hes not credible. I do enjoy his sunday gamers couch podcast but hes worthless when it comes to "insider information."
What where his previous "leaks"?

Dabaus

Banned
What where his previous "leaks"?

I wouldnt even say their leaks its things hes "heard" I cant remember if it was e3 2018 or 17 but he claimed he knew a guy from sony that he saw at an airport and that he had to write down all kinds of stuff from memory on napkin. I specifically remember him saying the ps5 would have vega architecture at one point. I mean he makes good content hes just not the insider he claims to be,

Why does everyone cream at the thought of a studio aquiring and taking control of the overarching creative process of a studio? So you feel giddy that your pre-expiration dated shiny new expensive box can play games other people cant. Exclusivity is a dying tactic that we are moving away from and this recent spate of acquisitions creaks of not being able to get out of the past and find better ways to use the more integrated and open platform to financial advantage...seems really desperate. Not only does it lock your games away from being better explored internally outside their existing platform but locks the assets behind technical walls that limit their historical curation..and of course...less people play them. It also creates a stranglehold on the creativity of the studios , limiting them in scope so they plunk out X version of moneymaker.

Open ended is the way to go.....so i guess is the last tight grip since this is the last console generation most likely.

Isnt foxy gamer playstation version of dealer ? Guys dont listen to these guys . Has he ever predicted anything correct ?

meirl

Banned
So you feel giddy that your pre-expiration dated shiny new expensive box can play games other people cant. Exclusivity is a dying tactic that we are moving away from and this recent spate of acquisitions creaks of not being able to get out of the past and find better ways to use the more integrated and open platform to financial advantage...seems really desperate. Not only does it lock your games away from being better explored internally outside their existing platform but locks the assets behind technical walls that limit their historical curation..and of course...less people play them. It also creates a stranglehold on the creativity of the studios , limiting them in scope so they plunk out X version of moneymaker.

Open ended is the way to go.....so i guess is the last tight grip since this is the last console generation most likely.

this is the only thing that sony has over MS though. Xbox one X is already much more powerful than PS4 Pro and - according to rumors - Series X will also be much more powerful than PS5, so what else does sony have? Their exclusive games and thats it. Although nothing is ready for launch of the PS5 but in a couple of years there will be a few.

Ar¢tos

Why does everyone cream at the thought of a studio aquiring and taking control of the overarching creative process of a studio? So you feel giddy that your pre-expiration dated shiny new expensive box can play games other people cant. Exclusivity is a dying tactic that we are moving away from and this recent spate of acquisitions creaks of not being able to get out of the past and find better ways to use the more integrated and open platform to financial advantage...seems really desperate. Not only does it lock your games away from being better explored internally outside their existing platform but locks the assets behind technical walls that limit their historical curation..and of course...less people play them. It also creates a stranglehold on the creativity of the studios , limiting them in scope so they plunk out X version of moneymaker.

This thread is about Sony, the publisher known for giving their studios creative liberty and the makers of Tearaway, Dreams, Hohokum, etc.
You must be confused.

One thing I like about Microsofts strategy when buying studios is expanding outside Xbox to Pc and other consoles at times.

When Sony buys it’s usually just for their Consoles. Sony doesn’t have the PC support that MS does. So hearing that Sony could be buying a studio it makes me worry what could not show up on Pc anymore.

GeorgPrime

Banned
If true I hope it's a Japanese studio. They have enough talented western devs already

They bought Konami and will be doing a massive internal restructuring. The reason they haven't truly shown the Ps5 yet is because it's a pachinko machine

If sony buys Konami and develops a new Suikoden game iam gonna cry tears of joy

Thabass

Seems like BS, but he's putting his entire reputation on the line.

Who was the writer who called them out on this? What publication? Because if he turns out he's right, then that writer and publication will become a non-reference for me in the future.

Last edited:

Klayzer

This thread is about Sony, the publisher known for giving their studios creative liberty and the makers of Tearaway, Dreams, Hohokum, etc.
You must be confused.
Acquisition news always seem to anger a subset of users on this board. Instant doom and gloom for whatever reason.

Bryank75

Banned
Foxy blocked me a few years ago for being a PlayStation fanboy.... he is alright but I don't think he knows anything particularly special.

I would prefer Sony to buy Capcom than Zenimax but they need to start acquisitions to take things off the table as multiplats and make PlayStation more of a necessary purchase for more people.

Making Street Fighter and Monster Hunter exclusive would be huge, they could still release Resident Evil everywhere and make a load of money.

Then have a 2d Marvel V Capcom with more PlayStation characters added in and bring back Dino Crisis.

Woo-Fu

Banned
This twitter fight is more interesting than the news itself. Has to be some sort of backstory there if pushsquare thought it was worth commenting on like that.

Klayzer

I'm happy that devs are getting the financial support to stay in business, rather than closing up shop. The latter is much worse for the industry in my opinion. So break out the pocket books Sony,Nintendo, and Microsoft.

I'm nobody

You must be confused.

Creative liberty is different then creative expectancy....or can you not wait for Uncharted 12 or God of War 17. This goes for Microsoft as well by the way. Nintendo i can give more leeway to since they tend to make unique periphals and then games to run on those periphals as opposed to machines that play games and then locking some titles behind that machine. even they cross the line often though..

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I PROMISE you it isn't Konami. Unless Konami decided to just sell off its gaming division, Sony would not be looking to take on all their myriad of endeavors outside video games. And if they ever did that, whatever was sold off would not be called Konami.

Give Kojima the Silent Hill IP...

One can dream.

ITT people setting themselves up for disappointment. I don't know why a lot of you think it's a japanese studio, at this point Sony (at least the Playstation branch) is japanese in the name only.

Top Bottom