• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost-Age: What have you experienced that freaked you out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
super-heated plasma said:
Was your house by a river? It says the weeping woman is seen by them.

The nearest river is a mile away. Also, I didn't see anything, I only heard it. Like I said, it was most likely an animal.

Dirk Shmiggler said:
sorry, i've been sick past few days, forgot about this thread.

Up until the annointing, it was doing the small time stuff, turning the statues (this place had some WEIRD stuff that it's owners collected from around the world),, i remember a deer they had in the dining room of all places, i think it was a thai carving of a deer... It would always end up close to the doorway kinda peering at us.. no matter how many times we moved the damn thing back... I hated that fucking thing...

but, after the annointing was when it was apparently able to mock our voices.. and when the lightening hit.

OH SHIT!!! I forgot about when my brother in Law came to visit w/ my sister and my niece. I'm sure there are many more things i've forgotten that happened, it was 10 years ago,, but,, We slept up on the third floor, my Sister, brother in law and their at the time,infant daughter were sleeping on the second floor after coming for a visit. I woke up about 3 a.m. to a huge thumping and crash... It freaked the hell out of us, I thought someone was kicking the door in trying to break in, I scampered to find anything remotely useful for bludgeoning half asleep and scared to shit. only, when i ran down to the front door, nothing... I came back up the servants steps to find my brother in law knocked/passed out in the bathroom... when i found him, his eyes were rolling up in his head,, by this time my sister, wife to be, and niece were all hysterical... I ended up calling 911,,, only b/c i thought he was attacked... and went searching the house... Only after he came to did we hear what happened and i had to call 911 back and tell them "nevermind"... they were non amused....To this day he swears that he woke up to take a piss only to have something (he said a large, dark grey figure) behind his shoulder grab him, and push his hand into the toilet, seriously, he said it was trying to push his head into the toilet, then, knocked him out.... Believe me, he is NOT one to believe this stuff either, He will never talk to us about it to this day... They have never set foot inside that house again and they are friends with these owners b/c we're all family friends... Before anyone says medical condition, the guy runs marathons and never before, or since has passed out or had a seizure of any kind... With all that happened to us, of course i believed him and i felt really bad for him b/c i'm sure this was his first experience with anything of the sort... He just seemed crushed over it...

They left that night to go stay at my parents house about 15 minutes away...

We brought what had happened (just the little stuff) to the people who own it, and they get very weird about it. Total denial, and, i honestly don't think the thing dislikes THEM at all. When we would visit them while they lived there, it was always a different feel and we never even would have known anything was up had we not attempted to live there.

They have a groundskeeper who stays there from before we did up until now. He is also very weird and possessive of the place. He came by one day w/o knowing any of this ever happening to us and thought it would be good if we left???... It was very weird and only later did we realize what he meant...

I swear i'd love for someone to stake this place out...

*edit* I just wanted to add that, for some weird reason, i always have to tell myself that i don't believe in this stuff STILL, do you believe that?.. I grew up in a very normal family, nothing weird ever happened, studied science all the way up through college and into my career life, and you realize it's just not the way you think, but, it is what you experienced, so now what?.. So, i guess i just do that to tell myself that, maybe, there's some logical explanation, when, obviously there isn't... It's tough b/c i grew up almost reared to be the skeptic from my family, to my experiences, to my beliefs, up until this point... That's why i have such a struggle with it.. Honestly, i tried to just forget about it,,, I guess i kind of just need to fucking accept it... I'll see if i have any pics i can scan, this was before digital cameras and such, but, i know we have some somewhere... it'd probably take me ages and we've both done what we can to put all that shit behind us...

I really hope you guys believe me b/c i'm being truthful... there will be no "got you gaf, ha ha" post or anything like that... It's just straight up what the two of us, and close friends were able to experience. I guess we were lucky in a way?? I do feel like it's a hell of a life experience...

Holy shit dude, get the TAPS team on that stat!

Seriously though, that is seriously creepy stuff. If you can remember more, please tell us.

chibay

I stayed over in my brother-in-law's old house, which used to belong to his grandparents. During the night I kept on hearing the sound of a wooden walking stick hitting the floor. But I didn't care because I was dead tired that night (4 hour drive, and 3 of those hours stuck in traffic jam).

So the next day, my sister asked me if I heard any noise last night, so I said yes I heard tapping of a walking stick. Then my sister told her husband to tell me the story about the house. I'm basically paraphrasing what he told me here. Apparently, the house is haunted/guarded by an old man wearing a sarong and a walking stick. He likes to walk around the house at night, so one night when my brother-in-law was younger, on the way to the bathroom he saw the old man wearing a sarong and has no legs. This is where a man would normally do, he pisses his pants and ran to his grandparents room and stayed there for the rest of the night.:lol

He also mentioned that, whenever his grandmother was home alone, she would always stay outside sitting on the balcony until her sons/daughters comes home.:lol

If anyone doesn't know what a sarong is..

2zxpclx.jpg

This is a sarong

ciD_Vain

A few of my relatives have, on separate occasions, seen the same ghost/demon.

My cousin: Thought he saw me standing next to the mailbox at night.

My girl cousin: Woke up and saw a boy standing over her.

Me: Was playing hide and seek with my nephew and thought he was hiding behind the kitchen counter. I saw him in the reflection of the washing machine, and he scurried to the garage, but when I looked, no one was there.

My other cousin: Said he heard a boy's voice tell him his name was David.

On a separate note, my mom woke up once and saw three tall men standing over her, beside the couch she was sleeping on.

-Winnie-

This happened when I was pretty young, so I'm doubtful of whether it was actually a ghost, but one night I was out riding my bike out on the road, not really focusing on what was ahead of me. Then when I look forward, there's a woman carrying a baby right in front of me, and I could've sworn I went right through her.
Needless to say, I sped the fuck home, scared shitless.

SpacLock

Very long story. Not that scary, but true.

Since I'm in the typing mood, I'll tell you a story or two.

I've always been big on paranormal stuff. As a matter of fact, I've always been fascinated with anything that's unexplainable. So much that I used to go out looking for the stuff. I've went to countless graveyards at night, broke into an abandoned insane asylum, played with Ouija boards, went and stayed at a supposedly haunted hotel, traveled to Gettysburg (supposedly one of the most haunted places in America), and etc.

I didn't do any of this alone. I went with a couple of good friends through out these adventures. Guess what I saw? Not a damn thing. Well... there was a strange feeling I had in Gettysburg that I cannot explain, and a tour bus + cars vanished in thin air right before my eyes, but that doesn't sound like anything that anyone would actually believe so I won't go into detail about it. It's not even a good story regardless.

So all of this time trying to find ghosts and I have failed miserably. That is until my older brother moved into an old, old house with about 4 of his buddies.

When his friend first bought the house, all of the second floor windows were painted black. Yes, the actual glass was painted black. Well apparently a child was murdered there. He was hung in a closet on the second floor. Seems like the beginning to a bullshit Hollywood movie, right? If you're already thinking bullshit, go ahead and move on the the next post because I honestly don't care. Anyway, the body of the child was wrapped in plastic (probably because of the smell) while still hanging in the closet. He wasn't found until after the family moved out of the house 4-6 months later because he was actually hanging between two floors in the house. I don't feel like going into great detail on how he was ecxactly hung at the moment, so just try to imagine how in your head.

It was a big house with 3 floors, 3 bathrooms, and if I remember correctly there was 7 bedrooms. Yeah, big house. When the house was purchased for them there was problems with the roof. So they covered it with a tarp (since I just so happens to rain a shitload in the city we stay in) until they could get it fixed the year after.

He used to have a lot of parties at his house, so I used to end up going there a lot. Every night I stayed there really, really strange things happened that I could never, ever explain. I'm talking about crazy shit. Like lights bursting, doors slamming and so on. I won't get into those stories though, unless you guys ask me to tell more. I'm just going to tell you one story about this place.

Since there was a tarp on the roof of the house, on windy nights you could always hear it blowing around. It had a distinct sound. the sound of a plastic tarp slapping around all over the place...

Anyway... Whenever I went to stay there and party with them I would end up sleeping in the living room because the couch had a fold out bed. So one night me and a buddy are staying there on the fold out bed. I'm having trouble sleeping because the wind is blowing hard and that damn tarp is making a shitload of noise. Even though it's 3 stories above me I can still hear it. So I pull the blankets off of my head (I always sleep with blankets over my head, drives my GF nuts) and notice that the hallway light and back porch light is on. First I turn off the hallway light then I head towards the kitchen since the back porch connects to it...

-Pausing the story-

Now I've looked for paranormal stuff a lot. And I mean a lot, but I have never been successful. I've stopped believing in the stuff at this point. There's always an explanation for something right? That is right... Except for this, so fuck you.

-Play-

So as I turn into the kitchen on my way to the back porch all I see is black and all I hear is the tarp slapping against everything. Not just the roof, but everywhere. It's so loud that It's damn near impossible that it could make such loud noise (especially without waking up the 8 other people in the house at the time) I couldn't hear anything else. It was actually ringing my ears.

So I started walking through the kitchen then BAM! I bumped into something in the middle of the kitchen and as soon as I look up, I see something that's plastic. At this point I'm completely calm thinking that they must have purchased some kind of new appliance that has not been hooked up yet even though I would have obviously noticed it during the party when everyone was awake since we always travel through the kitchen at least 30+ times during them. I mean, the damn keg is always on the back porch where I'm heading toward to turn off the light...

So I touch it for a few seconds to get a feel of what I just ran into... As I look up I notice that it's not an appliance at all. It's a human being. It's a person. He or She is wrapped in plastic in the middle of the kitchen.

I completely fucking freaking and ran up into my brothers room SCREAAMING. I woke up the whole fucking house. Everyone at the house believed what I was telling them because... well... the house was fucked up and everyone there have already seen their fare share of unexplainable things. Everyone went to sleep shortly after and that was it.

I've seen a lot more stuff over the course of 3 or 4 months before everyone moved out. If anyone is interested in hearing more about it just let me know.

Alucrid

Banned
Well I think you found that "paranormal" thing you were looking for. Fuck me again, I forgot to say in the last post that I was reading the thread at 12:30 pm, now it's 10:40 am and I'm reading it again. Meh, I have work to do anyways tonight. :lol

Did you know about the history of the house before or after that incident?

It's a great story (and by all means, share more), but honestly it is pretty easy to write off as a sleepwalking incident to the rest of us. Especially because it was so "physical".

SpacLock said:

I've always been big on paranormal stuff. As a matter of fact, I've always been fascinated with anything that's unexplainable. So much that I used to go out looking for the stuff. I've went to countless graveyards at night, broke into an abandoned insane asylum, played with Ouija boards, went and stayed at a supposedly haunted hotel, traveled to Gettysburg (supposedly one of the most haunted places in America), and etc.

I didn't do any of this alone. I went with a couple of good friends through out these adventures. Guess what I saw? Not a damn thing. Well... there was a strange feeling I had in Gettysburg that I cannot explain, and a tour bus + cars vanished in thin air right before my eyes, but that doesn't sound like anything that anyone would actually believe so I won't go into detail about it. It's not even a good story regardless.

So all of this time trying to find ghosts and I have failed miserably. That is until my older brother moved into an old, old house with about 4 of his buddies.

When his friend first bought the house, all of the second floor windows were painted black. Yes, the actual glass was painted black. Well apparently a child was murdered there. He was hung in a closet on the second floor. Seems like the beginning to a bullshit Hollywood movie, right? If you're already thinking bullshit, go ahead and move on the the next post because I honestly don't care. Anyway, the body of the child was wrapped in plastic (probably because of the smell) while still hanging in the closet. He wasn't found until after the family moved out of the house 4-6 months later because he was actually hanging between two floors in the house. I don't feel like going into great detail on how he was ecxactly hung at the moment, so just try to imagine how in your head.

It was a big house with 3 floors, 3 bathrooms, and if I remember correctly there was 7 bedrooms. Yeah, big house. When the house was purchased for them there was problems with the roof. So they covered it with a tarp (since I just so happens to rain a shitload in the city we stay in) until they could get it fixed the year after.

He used to have a lot of parties at his house, so I used to end up going there a lot. Every night I stayed there really, really strange things happened that I could never, ever explain. I'm talking about crazy shit. Like lights bursting, doors slamming and so on. I won't get into those stories though, unless you guys ask me to tell more. I'm just going to tell you one story about this place.

Since there was a tarp on the roof of the house, on windy nights you could always hear it blowing around. It had a distinct sound. the sound of a plastic tarp slapping around all over the place...

Anyway... Whenever I went to stay there and party with them I would end up sleeping in the living room because the couch had a fold out bed. So one night me and a buddy are staying there on the fold out bed. I'm having trouble sleeping because the wind is blowing hard and that damn tarp is making a shitload of noise. Even though it's 3 stories above me I can still hear it. So I pull the blankets off of my head (I always sleep with blankets over my head, drives my GF nuts) and notice that the hallway light and back porch light is on. First I turn off the hallway light then I head towards the kitchen since the back porch connects to it...

-Pausing the story-

Now I've looked for paranormal stuff a lot. And I mean a lot, but I have never been successful. I've stopped believing in the stuff at this point. There's always an explanation for something right? That is right... Except for this, so fuck you.

-Play-

So as I turn into the kitchen on my way to the back porch all I see is black and all I hear is the tarp slapping against everything. Not just the roof, but everywhere. It's so loud that It's damn near impossible that it could make such loud noise (especially without waking up the 8 other people in the house at the time) I couldn't hear anything else. It was actually ringing my ears.

So I started walking through the kitchen then BAM! I bumped into something in the middle of the kitchen and as soon as I look up, I see something that's plastic. At this point I'm completely calm thinking that they must have purchased some kind of new appliance that has not been hooked up yet even though I would have obviously noticed it during the party when everyone was awake since we always travel through the kitchen at least 30+ times during them. I mean, the damn keg is always on the back porch where I'm heading toward to turn off the light...

So I touch it for a few seconds to get a feel of what I just ran into... As I look up I notice that it's not an appliance at all. It's a human being. It's a person. He or She is wrapped in plastic in the middle of the kitchen.

I completely fucking freaking and ran up into my brothers room SCREAAMING. I woke up the whole fucking house. Everyone at the house believed what I was telling them because... well... the house was fucked up and everyone there have already seen their fare share of unexplainable things. Everyone went to sleep shortly after and that was it.

I've seen a lot more stuff over the course of 3 or 4 months before everyone moved out. If anyone is interested in hearing more about it just let me know.

This made me shiver so bad :lol

I have a silly story. I live at the bottom of a wooded hill, and at the top of the hill is a cemetery. We used to go up there every day and just mess around. We didn't vandalize it or damage anything (deliberately) but we certainly didn't treat it with any particular reverence. There are all kinds of stories about what we did up there, but one stands out because I genuinely believed it was paranormal at the time and I can't explain the physics or timing of it now.

We were walking between a row of swanky graves just to get from point A to point B and we stopped for some reason on a grave (dirt lot). My cousin was standing in front of a tall cylindrical marble grave, and as we were talking about something the grave toppled over almost on top of him. We totally freaked out in some hysterical screaming/laughing fit... it was crazy and funny but at the same time I was scared shitless and I think they were too. I was thinking maybe they were in cahoots and this was the ultimate prank, but I don't see how they could have pulled this off, and like I said, we never vandalized anything... I was looking more out of my peripheral vision rather than right at the grave, but I was quite sure my cousin didn't lean on it, look at it, or try to move out of the way pre-emptively. And it was big and could have hurt him.

OK, maybe he DID lean on it and just forgot that in the heat of the moment, maybe he was closer to the grave than he looked to me... but it was pretty scary and I believed my cousin's recollection and I believed what I saw. We assumed it was the dead guy sending us a message to get the fuck off his dirt pile, and I'd like to think that's what it was.

Ramma2

Reposting this from another forum I visit, originally posted on May 20th. Apologies for any consistency errors, the stories are from an 8 year time span now so details get mixed sometimes.

The Stage: Last night, the first warm and humid night of the summer here in Minnesota. No wind to speak of.

The Scene: Upstairs level of a 2 level split where our bedroom and the bedroom that our 2 boys ( 7 and 3 years old ) share. We don't have the central air running yet, so we had all of the windows and blinds open to let the hopefully cooler night air into the house. The window, blinds and door to the boys' room are also open, which on a normal night would all be closed.

The Story: It’s about 11:13 PM and my wife and I are downstairs in the family room, both asleep on the couch thanks to a rather dull Tivo’d episode of How I Met Your Mother. Suddenly we both snap awake at the same time, which is strange in itself since it usually takes an act of God to wake my wife up once she’s out on the couch, and the fact that we both woke up at the same instant. About 5 seconds after waking we hear a loud bang upstairs followed by my 3 year old starting to cry. I thought he had fallen out of bed, so she goes upstairs to check on him while I power things down, collected the beverage glasses and headed upstairs to go to bed.

It turns out that he hadn’t fallen out of bed, but he had woken up and started to walk out of his room. As he got close to the door it slammed shut. My wife decides to lay with him in bed because the poor kid is scared out of his wits, he doesn’t want the door shut and he clutched his little LED flashlight like it was his only hope of survival. I go to bed and much later wife comes to bed as well complaining about how long it took him to fall back asleep.

This morning when we were all getting ready to go for the day, we asked the little guy about the night before, why he was out of bed, etc. He says that he saw grandpa outside of the window and was coming to tell us.

o_O

Other happenings at our house that I posted in a thread a few years ago:

[Q]
Ok, here goes.

In the basement laundry room we have a set of 5 old cupboards that we use for random storage. All had magnetic latches that function properly, yet one on the end would constantly be open. We'd go down to do a load of laundry and it would be closed, but the next time we went down to put the clothes in the dryer it would be open. That ended when I took a saw and cut the last cupboard off and threw it away.

One night we were heading to bed (this was after we had lived in the house for about 2 years) and there was a small stack of green postit notes in middle of the bedroom floor. It was a note that some woman had written to a previous owner of the house and it went on about how much she appreciated him for sticking with her and helping her out while she was dying from cancer. Our only kid was 1 then and we had no pets at the time, the thing just appeared out of no where.

We constantly hear footsteps comming up the stairs from the basement. We live in a split level house and the family room is up stairs (note: basement was unfinished at the time of this writing) right next to the steps, and we will be watching a movie and hear 2-3 footfalls on the steps, sometimes with a very apparent drop in temperature. Completely freaky, makes me break into a cold sweat every time. Also we can hear the floor creaking not just once like a house would do during cold or settling, but 2, 3, 4 creaks like someone was walking across the floor. This usually comes from our bedroom.

Both the wife and I have observed flashes of a large white figure out of the corner of our eyes, usually comming from the hallway area that leads to ours and son's bedroom.

We've had a couple of glasses explode on us. The most memorable was when my wife and I had dozed off on the couch and we had a small tumbler style glass on the coffee table that was empty. There was a very loud gunshot like noise and the glass exploded into hundreds of peices, like safety glass would do from a car window. Glass everywhere and it scared the living crap out of us.

The dog barks at nothing every now and then (not unusual I suppose), and we caught our then 3 year old son staring off into space one day smiling. When we asked what he was smiling at, he said there was a clown and it was making him happy. One could easily pass this off as the imagination of a child but we've been through a lot in this house to make us believe otherwise.

My wife also tells of a time where she was awoken in the middle of the night to see a figure standing at the foot of our bed, but I didn't wake up to see it so I don't really count that one.

[/Q]

vegee

Banned
post edit: Sorry for the length...bored at work.

I have a few experiences...nothing earth shattering, but interesting nonetheless.

First, a story that is not my own.

My friend's grandpa died awhile ago. I don't think he was very old when it happened, maybe 7 or 8, but he can remember it. His grandpa was very abusive to his mother and she was not all that fond of him. After his funeral, my friend's mom went to the cemetery where he was buried to take pictures of his grave. Not sure why she was doing this since he was, apparently, a right bastard, but there she was. She had her camera set to take 3 pictures in rapid succession and she took those sets of three from various angles. After she had taken them, she went to get them developed.

When she got them back, she noticed something strange. In a few of the pictures, there was a dark figure standing 10 feet and to the left of her dad's tombstone. When she was there at the time, there was no one in the area. She took these pictures in broad daylight and this figure was completely shrouded in black. The creepy thing was that he was appearing randomly in the rapid-shot photographs. He wouldn't be in the first shot, would be in the second, then not the third. The creepiest thing was that, according to her, the black figure resembled her dad that had just died.

She still has these pictures and I've seen them and it sent chills up my spine to see them, since it was definitely a figure. He had no visible features and there was no explanation why someone shrouded in that much black could appear that way in the middle of the day in a cemetery.

Now for my own experiences.

Set up: I live in a very old house. We moved in a few years ago, upgrading from our old house. The house itself was built in the early 1830's and is semi-famous in the town where I live. It is three stories tall with a turret on top that you can walk up into from the third floor. Since it is so old and has been preserved with the idea of keeping the house as close to the original design as possible, when you walk through it feels like you're stepping into a Victorian style house in the 1800's. Obviously we've updated it to look newer in certain areas, but the majority of it feels "rustic."

People who have lived in the town for awhile have dubbed it the "haunted mansion." Mainly because, from the outside, it looks haunted. Big, creepy looking house. But for a period between 1950 and 1975, it sat abandoned. Kids would go in there and play in the empty halls, trying to remain inside as long as possible without freaking out and running outside. Eventually the owner before us bought it, completely refurbished it, and made it look how it is today.

The creepiest thing to me is that the house used to be a tuberculosis sanitarium. It was a temporary medical hospital during the civil war and back when TB was rampant, they designed rooms for these people so they could give them food and water without having them near other people. They did this by cutting circular holes in the doors so they could pass food and water through. There are three doors in the house that have these...my rooms have two of them.

Occurrences: Let me start off by saying that I used to be a big believer in ghosts, but as I've gotten older and my views have changed, I've become skeptical. But a part of me wants to still believe.

The first thing that comes to mind was back when we hadn't fully moved into the house. It was entirely empty save for a few furniture items on the first floor. Our third floor was renovated a long time ago for insulation purposes and the stairs that were once previously open were closed off to keep the heat contained.

Before I lived there, as I climbed the levels, my level of anxiety grew. The second floor made me more anxious than the first, and by the time I got the third floor, I felt like I was being watched from all angles. When you walk into the third floor, you walk into a long hallway that has a door to your left that leads to the turret. The closer I would get to that turret room, the more apprehensive I became. I'm not sure if the renovation has stirred things up, but that feeling of anxiety near that room has never really gone away and I've lived there for three years.

The first thing that happened to me happened a couple years ago. We have a fenced off area that splits our back patio in two. We have one door that leads to our driveway and one to the other side of the patio that we let our dogs out into when they want to go outside. I came home, let my dogs out of their dog room, went to the patio door and let them outside. I closed the door, bolted the door, and walk into the kitchen. I get something to drink, stand around for a few minutes to let my dogs run around a little bit, then go back to the door. The door is wide open and the dead lock is still thrown outward.

I would've chalked this up to the deadbolt not being thrown all the way to the locked position, but the lock doesn't make a click sound when it's not fully thrown. I KNEW that the lock had clicked because it turned all the way to the lock position and made that click sound. I even tested it to make sure it was closed because it's just something I do out of habit. When I went to the lock and checked it, it was definitely thrown all the way to the left. Creepy stuff, but nothing that can't be rationalized I guess.

The next time happened a little while later. I was on my computer in one of my rooms. The door to the hallway was to my right. I was listening to music softly when I hear some footsteps in the hallway outside my door. I hear the door knob rattle (at least I think I did), and then the door slowly swings open by about six inches. My first thought was that my dad had come home from whatever he was doing and wanted to see what I was up to. I say "Hello," but nobody answers. I say hello again before getting up to see who was in the house. I go into the hallway, all the lights are off. Search the second floor, nobody is there. Go to the 1st floor, nobody is there. We only use the third floor for parties since it's an old ballroom and it's always hot or cold depending on the year. Not even my pets were anywhere to be seen so there is no way they could have pushed it open. But even if they were there, the door was latched.

The last thing that really stands out is the creepiest of them all. Before I blocked off the tuberculosis holes, they didn't really bother me. It was something that was interesting, a little intrusive as far as privacy goes, but as long as the hole to the outer hallway was plugged with a towel, I was fine.

Whenever I would sleep, I would close the connecting door between my rooms. That door is one of the doors that has the TB hole and the primary reason I closed it was to keep my window A/C's coolness in the room where I'm sleeping, as well as blocking out the ridiculous amount of random lights from gaming systems, computers, and the like. Before I nailed a board over it, the room was so bright that I could very easily see into it from my darkened room. Over the course of a few months, I would randomly wake up in the middle of the night to absolute darkness. This didn't make alot of sense since there was always a bluish glow coming from the hole in the door due to all of the LED lights in the other room. To be in complete darkness was unusual. However, since it was the middle of the night and I was groggy, I never thought much of it.

However, things started to get to me after awhile. I would be about to fall asleep on certain nights and I would perceive absolute darkness for a second or two from my closed eye lids. When I opened my eyes, I could see the glow. One time, I came home after school and closed my door to take a nap. I had all of the lights turned off in my room, but had a lamp on in the other room. I had my back to the door, my eyes weren't entirely shut, and something blocks out the light from the other room.

I freak out, whip around...nothing there. I hop out of bed, open the door. Nothing.

I've had random things fall off flat surfaces...but never when I'm looking right at them and I can never be sure if they fell on their own or if they were already teetering on the edge and a gust of A/C tipped it.

We have alot of squirrels and animals that make their way onto the top of our house and make noise, but I consistently hear very loud THUMPS and dragging noises on the third floor...almost like people jumping up and down and moving furniture.

Again...I have no proof for anything ghostly or paranormal, but these occurrences have made me think twice about things.

tl;dr: I live in a creepy house and shit is occasionally wack.

It's weird. A few days ago I was working out in my room, and it looked like someone was weakly trying to force my door open, followed by what sounded like a really faint knocking sound from the other side. Of course there was no one there, and it freaked the hell out of me for a few minutes...

pubba

I used to work as a disabled carer for the Queensland government in Brisbane, Australia.

For 9 months I was placed in a high security ward at an asylum that had been shut down in the 1960's after 100 years of abuse, neglect and unexplained deaths.

The disability department of the local government had been handed a client that was rejected from all of the non government support agencies. The department had nowhere to house him, so spent almost a million dollars refitting a pysch ward in the abandoned asylum to house him and a couple of other dangerous clients.

It was later revealed that ritualistic abuse occurred there by the warders through the early 1900s. Sexual, emotional and physical abuse. Most of it was hushed up, but there some high profile trials that came about in the mid 90's.

I can list some of the deaths that occurred if anyone is interested, but don't want to make this too long. Just know that a lot of them were definitely under the 'extreme and violent' category.

Luckily my client was just a guy with autism. I got on really well with him and never had any problems. That part of the job was a breeze. We did 12 hours shifts and there were always 2 staff on at one time.

On one late November night in 2001, I had my very own encounter with the paranormal.

It was a regular night shift. My client had gone to bed at around 9 pm and I sat with the other support worker in the communal staff area, watching TV. We had worked together before during the day. He was a no-nonsense sort of guy and didn't say much. This was our first night shift together.

Some of the regular staff had set up a bedroom in an unused room in the ward. The windows were boarded up, and there was a single bed and a wardrobe in there. Once the lights were off - it was pitch black. You couldn't see your own hand in front of your face.

I had never slept in there before, and usually crashed in the communal office area. This was my first night working with Mr No-nonsense, and he told me that he never slept during night shift. He would stay in the staff area watching TV and reading.

When I told him that I was going to crash in the ward, his eyes widened. "Haven't you heard what goes on down there?" he asked. To be honest, I had heard all of the stories first hand. The cold chills, dismembered voices, shadowy human forms etc.. I thought it was just the old guys trying to scare us, but the look on his face told me otherwise.

Nonetheless, I couldn't show weakness now. If I changed my plans and decided to stay with him in the staff area, I would never live it down..

So off I went to the deserted ward. I tried to put any worries out of my mind and just get through it. Until that time I hadn't had any paranormal experiences and was pretty skeptical about ghosts, UFOs etc..

I have pretty bad sleep apnoea and have to use a machine to keep my airways open when I sleep. It's basically an air pump that you strap to your face. It sucks, but beats choking to death in my sleep. I take it everywhere I have to sleep, and work was no exception.

My plan was to just strap it on and crash out. I usually fall asleep very fast and thought I could just doze off and then wake up 8 hours later and be fine.

Wrong.

As soon as I turned off the small lamp next to the bed - a cold, dark wall of oppression hit me. It was so strong that it felt almost physcial. Imagine being underwater in a pitch black body of water, and feel pure hatred surround you. It was like that, but worse because I felt almost paralyzed. I was scared and thought that I may have been having a nervous breakdown of some sort. My brain just couldn't rationalize the way I was feeling.

This oppressive feeling didn't let up, but I thought it was just me scaring myself and creating something that wasn't there. It was easy to be spooked out in that building. It was full of boarded up windows, corridors that stretched into blackness and wind whistling through broken walls.

I reached for the lamp and fumbled with the switch. The switch clicked on. Nothing. Had the power gone out? I looked at my breathing machine and the power light was on. Maybe the bulb in the lamp had blown.

vegee

Banned
I had something happen a couple nights ago that really freaked me out. As you can tell from the above post, some weird shit has happened, but nothing that I've never been able to find some kind of concrete reason for (if not some kind of excuse as to why).

I was laying on my couch, talking to my girlfriend on the phone. The way that my house is set up, the living room, dining room, and front sitting room act as one big hallway with sliding, dividing doors. While I'm laying on the couch, I can see from one side of the house to the other.

I wasn't really looking at anything in particular...just in the general direction of the front sitting room, when this bright flash of light appears. We're not talking the kind of light you'd expect from a car headlight. It was almost like a camera's flashbulb going off, but it didn't fill my entire vision. Probably about the size of a basketball, if not a little bigger. It appeared in the center of the ceiling. The way that it happened, it almost seemed like the flash happened twice...once about four feet down from the ceiling, another time right near the ceiling...both in rapid succession.

I would've written it off as a car's headlight outside, but I've never seen a car's headlight through those windows. Our house sits 7 feet up off of the road on a hill, with a thick ass fur tree and a 5 foot wide hedge between. So even if a car's headlight came through the window, it would be seriously obscured...not the brilliant little ball of light that flashed into my vision.

It wasn't a lightbulb because it was nowhere near one of the lights in our ceiling. Plus, I had my cat on my lap when it happened. His eyes were closed, he was facing the opposite direction. When it happened, his head whipped around like someone had made a really loud noise in that area.

I've been completely fine in my house for a while now. Now I feel paranoid as hell whenever I'm doing anything outside of my room. D:

bengraven

1) It's 3 in the morning and my two friends have gone to sleep in their bedroom while I sleep in the guest room. I have the door cracked open and so do they.

I hear some quiet rustling from my friend's room. Sleepily I walk in there and they're both fast asleep. Each is breathing lightly. I go back in the guest room. After a bit, I hear the rustling again, as if paper is being shuffled. I go back into their room and they're in the exact same positions as before; there is no fan and no windows open. No central air, this is a very old house with no vents.

Shivering, I walk back to my room and try hard to sleep. I get the idea of ghosts off my mind and calm down.

Suddenly I hear voices of girls, as if they are miles away and there are no walls between us, calling to me:

"Ryan..."

I find out a few months later, as my friends have only a few days left until they move, that the house is haunted. Apparently one of them was watching a TV show one Saturday afternoon before my experience when he heard two girls upstairs, playing in the hallways, running back and forth. He was completely alone all day.

His mom found him 30 minutes later on the front stoop, still in a panicked crying. He was 16 years old.

bengraven

2) I'm 12 years old and I'm house-sitting with my step-father at his parents' farm. My stepfather chooses one of the two guest rooms and that's where we're going to sleep. I sleep on the left side of the bed, which faces a window. Out the window is a barren field, perhaps planted a couple of days earlier or having been harvested long ago. I'm calm, though a bit anxious because my stepfather snores heavily and it may hurt my chances of sleep. I'm lying there a few minutes.

Then behind my eyelids I see a bit of light. I open them and out in the middle of the field I see a giant ball of fire. It's rotating and changing colors. I'm thinking it's the moon, but it's as bright as the sun and rotating. It's actually leaving a reflection of it's light on the field below it.

I turn over suddenly and shake my stepfather. He's still awake and yells at me for shaking him. He tells me to go to bed. I stare at the ball of fire for a few minutes before passing out.

bengraven

3) I'm lyng out on my friend's concrete front steps in a housing project on the outskirts of town. He's mowing and I'm waiting for him to be finished (this is the same friend who at 16 was on his front stoop crying).

Suddenly in the sky, a few blocks away in the countryside, I see a thin silver object flying quickly over a highway. I yell at my friend, but he doesn't hear. I finally jump up and stare into the sky and he sees that I'm panicky so he turns to look at what I'm seeing. His eyes widen.

We both watch it fly over the highway and disappear.

"An airplane?" he asks.

"No wings," I said.

"There had to be wings," he says.

A couple days later I meet up with my mom for lunch. She states that she was driving down that highway at the exact same time we were watching it. She was actually only half a mile away from us. She says she saw a long, silver object shaped like a cigar floating above her. She heard no jet engine sounds though it was closer than a commercial flight, and there was no smoke (we saw none either).

I ask her the question since she was closer to it.

"There were no wings," she says.

(sorry for the triple post, I'm at work and trying to type each story with as much detail as I can...I didn't want one long post)

J-Rod

I've got one to share when I get home and can type on something other than a cellphone keypad. It was so traumatic that I went from living a normal childhood and not being afraid of anything to years of psychiatry and medication. It's actually not near as creepy or eventful as the stories here, and me not being a good story teller will make it worse, so don't look forward to it, but it was enough to screw me up for a few years. I'm fine now and have been since my late teens. I just write it off as an extrodinary episode of sleepwalking.

onipex

Ok, here is one of my stories.

When I was 13 my mother and I stopped at her friend's house to pick up something. I sat in the living room , while she talked to her friend in the kitchen. While sitting there on the couch a lady walked into the room and sat in a chair across the room. She said hello and asked my name. I smiled and spoke back. She asked me how old I was and well we chatted for about 5 minutes.

She told me that Marcy ( the lady were visiting) use to always lose her jewelry around the house when she was a little girl. Up until the age of 14. She said that she found all of it and put it in a box that is under the back right leg of the chair she was sitting in. She said I should tell Marcy where it is , because she forgot to do it and it would make her happy. She then got up and walked towards the kitchen. She stopped and asked me if I wanted some cookies and I said yes. A few minutes later I hear her say "Come and get your cookies dear". I got up and went into the kitchen and saw my mother and Marcy there. I didn't see any cookies, but I saw a door that lead down stairs to the basement, so I looked down the stairs.

My mother asked me what was wrong and I said I was looking for the cookies. Marcy then said "Oh, I'll get you some cookies". I told her that the lady already got them and they gave me a weird look. I told them about the lady and my mother said I must have went to sleep and dreamed about it. They gave me my cookies and some milk and sent me away.

Marcy walked through the room and took my empty glass and plate from me. I asked her if she knew where her lost jewelry was. She smile and said what jewelry. I told her what the lady told me and she looked scared. She got upset and told my mother and my mother got upset with me. Marcy said that there was no one else in the house. They were standing over me telling me to stop making stuff up so I got up and checked the floor board under the chair. I pulled out a box and opened it. I said " See this is what you lost" as I handed Marcy the box. She was still crying when we left.

Later she called my mother and asked that she never bring me to her house again. She also told my mother that there another plate of cookies on the kitchen table and she knows that she gave me the only plate she put out.

Edit: I never found out who the lady was.

It was 4 a.m I was playing pokemon with my little sister years ago. I went out to get a drink and I seen a shadowman 3 feet infront of me. It was standing next to the lit up fish tank so it was clear as day and no I wasn't sleepy. It was during summers vacation when I just to stay up all night because of freedom.

Shadowmans can vanish quickly because I tried to get closer to touch it and it ran away :lol
I wasn't scared at all, it was a wtf moment. I didn't expect that at all.

linkboy

hamchan said:
I'll just quote this to say HOLY CRAP DO NOT show any acknowledgement if you see this woman. I've never seen any but my Aunt sees ghosts all the time.

One time in China she was driving down a road with a friend. It was really dark and it was empty with no other cars. My Aunt sees on the side of the road a black haired woman in white with her arms clenched at her side and her mouth and eyes wide open as if she was screaming. My aunt and her friend kept quiet and did not acknowledge it until the next day where they confirmed they both saw it.

Another story with my Aunt. One time she was staying in a hotel and while she was sleeping in the middle of the night the room suddenly got really cold. She looked up and saw a woman in a blue dress sitting at the end of her bed weeping. My aunt just closed her eyes until the sobbing vanished. She was staying in the Genting Highlands in Malaysia so watch out if you're there, though I'm sure many hotel rooms would also be haunted.

Those sound like Women in White

onipex said:
Ok, here is one of my stories.

When I was 13 my mother and I stopped at her friend's house to pick up something. I sat in the living room , while she talked to her friend in the kitchen. While sitting there on the couch a lady walked into the room and sat in a chair across the room. She said hello and asked my name. I smiled and spoke back. She asked me how old I was and well we chatted for about 5 minutes.

She told me that Marcy ( the lady were visiting) use to always lose her jewelry around the house when she was a little girl. Up until the age of 14. She said that she found all of it and put it in a box that is under the back right leg of the chair she was sitting in. She said I should tell Marcy where it is , because she forgot to do it and it would make her happy. She then got up and walked towards the kitchen. She stopped and asked me if I wanted some cookies and I said yes. A few minutes later I hear her say "Come and get your cookies dear". I got up and went into the kitchen and saw my mother and Marcy there. I didn't see any cookies, but I saw a door that lead down stairs to the basement, so I looked down the stairs.

My mother asked me what was wrong and I said I was looking for the cookies. Marcy then said "Oh, I'll get you some cookies". I told her that the lady already got them and they gave me a weird look. I told them about the lady and my mother said I must have went to sleep and dreamed about it. They gave me my cookies and some milk and sent me away.

Marcy walked through the room and took my empty glass and plate from me. I asked her if she knew where her lost jewelry was. She smile and said what jewelry. I told her what the lady told me and she looked scared. She got upset and told my mother and my mother got upset with me. Marcy said that there was no one else in the house. They were standing over me telling me to stop making stuff up so I got up and checked the floor board under the chair. I pulled out a box and opened it. I said " See this is what you lost" as I handed Marcy the box. She was still crying when we left.

Later she called my mother and asked that she never bring me to her house again. She also told my mother that there another plate of cookies on the kitchen table and she knows that she gave me the only plate she put out.

Edit: I never found out who the lady was.

That is some cool stuff. Thanks. was that the only thing you ever experienced? i wonder why she couldn't talk to Marcy directly.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
So its my turn. Lets get some background first, me and my friends used to go camping a lot when we were 12-13, it would only be in a field about 1km away from my house. We'd wait for it to get to around 1am and then we'd walk to town.

Anyway we set up camp as normal and it was around about 12am-1am and we decided we wouldn't go into town we'd go to the park near the school (this being the lower school, for ages 5-10, where we all used to attend and the park was connected to the school, the only thing separating it was a chain link fence), we got there and the very dim street lights were still on (because nearby residents complained about the light) meaning we could see into the grounds of the school from the park.

Anyway, one of my friends has a portable radio and Faithless: greatest hits cd, we turn it on and crank it up fairly loud. We're sitting on the swings and one of my friends runs off to go to the zipwire, its a little misty and apart from us and the sound of the trees theres silence. Anyway my friend runs off and slips off the zip-wire. We laugh at him, he laughs and then we stop but we then realise that we can hear little kids laughing, we assume that in one of the gardens nearby some kids are still up and watching us or someone has a party going (as it's the summer holidays), so he goes back on the zipwire and we carry on sitting on the swings, we stay like this for about 2 more minutes when suddenly we hear the kids again, it sounds like about 1 and 2 of them and that it was coming from the school, we stop and look into the school to see if we can see anything, we see nothing but carrying on looking. Then suddenly as if someone turns up the volume we hear the sounds of a playground that you would when a school is in there, i'm talking louder than our radio loud and we looked and we could see no-one in there, i have never felt as scared and confused as i have at that moment, then a flash as something runs past us, we look to see what it is and we see its our friend running back to camp, we all instantly start sprinting to catch up with him and get back to camp super quickly. We all agree that we heard the sound of an in-use playground and decide to go to sleep. Anyway, we have never been to that park at night since.

You can call it fake or anything but i know what i heard and before then i never believed in the supernatural, i'm still not sure and this can probably be easily explained.

Also on a side note this is also the last time we went camping, i woke up in the night to hear rustling, in my tired state i think its my friend and shout "fuck off" then fall asleep. So next morning i wake up and see a massive log (not a branch, a whole log probably a metre in diameter) has fallen out the tree, ripped the side of the tent and missed my head by 2 inches. But thats what you get for camping under an old tree.

And that my friends, it my ghostly experience.

Was about to start a thread on this but I see we already have one. Search for the win!!
I've got no stories. I know nobody else that has any interesting stories. I've read some here and see the words frightened, scared shitless, panic etc... My question is where is the excitement? You've discovered first hand there is indeed some sort of after life (sure the one you witnessed probably sucked) and you don't think to yourself "Life after death FTW!!"
Seriously though, I accept any sort of ghost to visit me. Show me something. Just don't violate me.

Well, this has been an interesting thread to say the least. I suppose I will share some very strange things that have happened to me.

In the first house I grew up in everything was normal as can be until a few months before selling it. My mother worked nights when my dad got home from his day job so I would spend evenings with him. At 9 or so I was sent up to bed every night but I would sleep in their bed until my mom got home around 11pm, then I would go to my room when they came up for bed.
One night I couldn't fall asleep for some reason and I turned over to look at the doorway because I could feel a presence looking in on me. When I looked, there was a figure but it was very tall and extremely dark, I'm talking darker than dark. I thought it might have been my dads shadow at first so I called out to him, but it just stood there glaring at me. The room was very cold even though I was under blankets in bed. The shape of its head was a bit odd, almost human but not quite the more I inspected it. After realizing that it was not my dad I became extremely frightened and hid under the covers for 5 minutes or so, screaming at the top of my lungs for my dad. When he still didn't come upstairs I looked out again only to find the figure was still there. It was almost as if my screams could not be heard because my dad was just downstairs. I hid under the covers again until my mother made it home. When I asked my dad why he didn't come up he swore he never heard me scream at all.
My mother believed me and as I later found out she was soon to be tormented by this whatever you might call it soon enough. A week or so later my mother and I were downstairs in a room that had no windows, kind of like a den, but the room was dark except for a small couch, rocking chair and a tv. This was on a weekend and my dad had gone off somewhere and left my mother and I home. While I was sitting on the couch with her, the rocking chair began to slowly rock until it go almost violently fast, at this point my mother started to cry and grabbed me and we ran out of the house. At this point she began to admit she had been hearing strange voices telling her to "get out of the house" as well as knocking on doors etc. My father would flat out deny this was happening and even joke about it when we told him what was happening. One day my grandmother came over and again while I was upstairs alone, I saw a face literally appear in the carpet but it had horrible red eyes. I'll admit I was younger (first grade) but I know what I saw. This thing enjoyed tormenting.
The final straw was one night my mother awoke with marks on her neck and she had been crying hysterically. She wouldn't say what had happened until years later after we sold the house and moved. Apparently she awoke in the middle of the night and the same figure that I had seen was looming over the foot of the bed directly over my father. She tried to scream, but as soon as she did the figure turned towards her and she felt freezing cold fingers grab her by the throat and then proceed to choke her. As she tried to utter the Lord's prayer the choking became more intense until she could only say it in her mind. The figure dissipated and she was able to get up. I would almost call this a sleep paralysis scenario but she was visibly marked and never had a SP incident in her life. All of this happened even after having a priest over to "exorcise" the house. After telling my father what had happened and him seeing the marks, he did believe her and admitted to doing ouija boards and some other kinds of things to try to help sell the house quicker.

Ah this post is too long already, amazing the chills you get typing it after living it. I have some other stuff not as heavy but still kind of bizarre I'll post later. I'm not sure what the hell was going on for sure, but there is just a feeling you get when there's something evil around. If you never experience it, you are truly fortunate.

caromelo

Alright, here's my story.

It had been about 2? months since my grandma passed away. One night, while waiting for dinner to be ready, I suddenly see my grandma sitting on a chair by the dinner table. She turned to look at me then she suddenly disappeared. I told my parents later that night and it turned out it would've been her birthday that day. They reckon she was probably waiting for dinner to celebrate. Not really a freaky experience, I guess.

When I was only about 5 (my older brother remembers this stuff though), my dad and my uncle used to buy houses, do it up and resell them. There was this one house they got, which was actually haunted. Creepy stuff used to happen, like when they'd come back to the house to check up on it, every single light would be on or every single cupboard and closet would be open. The house always raked in high electricity or water bills but no one lived there. When they tried to bring prospective buyers to the place, doors would slam or open by itself or the buyers would say they saw figures in the corner of their eye.

After some time, they decided to get a priest to christen the house (we're Catholics). Apparently, the priest walked in, started to sweat like crazy, then freaked out and couldn't go through with it and had to get out of the house. Eventually, I think my dad and uncle ended up selling the house for a very low price to get rid of it.

The story to the house was that apparently an old lady had committed suicide in it.

caromelo said:
Alright, here's my story.

It had been about 2? months since my grandma passed away. One night, while waiting for dinner to be ready, I suddenly see my grandma sitting on a chair by the dinner table. She turned to look at me then she suddenly disappeared. I told my parents later that night and it turned out it would've been her birthday that day. They reckon she was probably waiting for dinner to celebrate. Not really a freaky experience, I guess.

When I was only about 5 (my older brother remembers this stuff though), my dad and my uncle used to buy houses, do it up and resell them. There was this one house they got, which was actually haunted. Creepy stuff used to happen, like when they'd come back to the house to check up on it, every single light would be on or every single cupboard and closet would be open. The house always raked in high electricity or water bills but no one lived there. When they tried to bring prospective buyers to the place, doors would slam or open by itself or the buyers would say they saw figures in the corner of their eye.

After some time, they decided to get a priest to christen the house (we're Catholics). Apparently, the priest walked in, started to sweat like crazy, then freaked out and couldn't go through with it and had to get out of the house. Eventually, I think my dad and uncle ended up selling the house for a very low price to get rid of it.

The story to the house was that apparently an old lady had committed suicide in it.

You know there's a problem when a preist freaks out in your house.

One night I was working late with a floor waxing gig and we were waxing the floors in a very old school. If anyone here has ever stripped/waxed floors, you know it can get extraordinarily muggy and humid, especially in the summer. So I walked up to the top floor with 2 of my coworkers when we got to the top of the stairs and we saw something to our left in a hallway. It was a woman dressed in a Victorian style dress, her hair was in a bun and her arms were crossed on her stomach. The most distinct feature was her high heels. She started walking towards us (she couldn't have have been more than 20 feet away). She took maybe five steps, saw us, and then vanished completely into thin air. She looked white and whispy and I could see the lockers behind her. It was so unbelievable that I couldn't process what was going on, but then I noticed that both of my coworkers noticed it to, and we kind of freaked out. The weird thing is that I've since worked in that school several times and once in a while, I'll hear someone in high heels walking down that hallway even though I know I'm the only one in the building. Put me in the "this shits for real" pile.

SpacLock said:

-Pausing the story-

-Play-

You've shares this story here on GAF before right? Cause I know for a fact that I've read this story before about someone walkin through a kitchen at night and bumping into a body wrapped in plastic. And yeah, if you've got any more stories, please share them.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I’ll tell a story about a restaurant I used to work in. Not really a very scary story, but cool nonetheless and one of the reasons why I today solidly believe in ghosts.

I used to work in a restaurant that the owner believed was haunted. Strange things did happen there; table settings would get all messed up overnight, the radio doing strange things, the top bowl in a stack of bowls would somehow fall to the floor and smash (but only the top bowl in the stack), of course strange noises when it's real quiet, etc. We even had an old lady who was a regular who always wanted to be seated at a certain table in the one room of the place, just so she could "talk" to the ghost. That room was also where the table settings always got messed up.

But no one ever saw any of this happen, they could have been pranks by bus boys for all we knew. So it became kind of an inside joke, when we hired someone new we would tell them about the ghost, it was all a sort of joke.

So I'm there for two years, one night after work a bunch of us are around the bar, including the owner’s daughter. It's too late to go anywhere and the owner was on vacation, so we just decide to hang out in the restaurant. Something happened that afternoon that brought up ghost talk again, so we all got the "bright" idea to get an Ouija board from the bosses house and try to "talk" with the ghosts. We set the board up in the room where most of the stuff happens, and we took about a half dozen table candles and set them on the floor all around us (so we could turn out the lights to add atmosphere).

So we do the Ouija thing, asking questions like what is your name, how old are you, etc., and most of the answers were just gibberish and hard to understand. At this point we are all laughing and carrying on because we all believe that "someone" is pushing the viewfinder around, none of us are taking this seriously. Then, one of the candle flames literally grows to a few feet in height, lighting up the whole room like a freaking torch. After about a minute the candle suddenly goes out. Now we are all sitting on the floor looking at each other like what the fuck just happened, when the viewfinder starts to move again. But none of our hands are on it! Then another candle turns into a huge flame and burns out. It was then we realized that as we lose candles the room was getting darker, and the board is still going on its own, I'll bet we just sat there for almost a minute too scared to move. It was when we heard the squeaking of one of the bathroom doors swinging that we all just ran for the door and left.

From that point on we had the revelation that the place really WAS haunted. When we told the owner about our experience she laughed and told us we were idiots for trying to play with an Ouija board, but it didn't surprise her at all. She had no doubt that the place was really haunted. No one ever saw an actual ghost in the place, but one time a few of us did actually see one of the soup bowls in the kitchen "leap" off of the stack and smash to the floor. One time there were three of us in the kitchen talking when a wine glass slid across a counter top and fell to the floor, right in front of our faces. It might sound scary, but things like this had gotten so common place over the years in that restaurant that it really didn't faze us. It was kind of a relief to know that "bus boys weren't playing pranks". And nothing truly bad ever happened, it was like the ghost was just a practical joker or a playful child just wanting to be noticed.

But I'll NEVER touch a oujie board again. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom