• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of a Tale coming to Xbox One Game Preview on June 30th

lcap

584x800-Branded-Key-Art.png

Hi everyone. This is just a quick update to confirm that the game has passed Microsoft’s certification!

The Game Preview version of Ghost of a Tale will arrive on the Xbox One on June 30th.

It was a long journey to get there and it’s still far from over. But if you didn’t have a PC to play the game on and you happen to have an Xbox One, you should be a happy camper at the end of the month. :)

Stay tuned for more development news to come!

http://www.ghostofatale.com/xbox-one-game-preview

I'm really excited for this. Since I don't have a PC that runs it accordingly I've been looking forward to the XB1 version.

This game captured my attention way waaaaay back when it was first releavled. Honestly I have to say I forgot bout it.
Looking forward to finally try it! (love the concept and the art direction)

When I saw Moss on Sony's stage this evening all I could think of was 'dammit I wish this was Ghost of a Tale!'. Glad it's spreading its wings soon.

I finally picked this up, on the Xbox game preview. I know it comes out later than the PC version but I did tell these guys I'd buy it on the steam forums and never did. So I felt guilty. There, problem solved. Plus I'm a big Redwall fan, so this is right up my alley.

This part should be noted as well on the price:
It will be available for download on Steam, GOG and Humble Bundle at the price of $24.99. There are no plans for physical release yet (although we would love to eventually have one).

(Note that the game will remain at $19.99 for the next two weeks, until it’s out of early access)

Shifty

Wait, Ghost of a Tale went early access? Weird, I don't figure a story-driven game would be a good candidate for that.

Anyway, first I've seen of it since its release. Still intrigued.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
On the road to releasing Ghost of a Tale on the Xbox One we have reached a tremendous milestone: indeed we’ve just received Microsoft’s certification! Among other things, it means the final version of Ghost of a Tale actually runs on the Xbox One without setting fire to the console, which is great, right?!

More seriously though, now that this important step is behind us, it leaves us free to polish the last details and integrate the most recent bug fixes (we’ve recently put out a small patch for the game on PC). In terms of a release date we can’t say anything more precise yet, except that we are aiming for December. There’s still a lot of moving parts though so please be aware that this is our hope, as opposed to a solid promise.

In any case we can’t wait for people who played the Preview version of the game to find out about the new characters, locations, quests, etc. Hopefully new players will like what they discover as well! From a visual standpoint, the final version provides better textures, lighting and dynamic resolution.

http://www.ghostofatale.com/ghost-of-a-tale-on-consoles-more-music/

Last edited:
Top Bottom