• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of a Tale: New Developer Update (March 8, 2016)

On a hunch, I checked the website and sure enough, there was an update. Some quoted bits:

Those last few weeks have been rather intense in terms of workload but they’re definitely bearing fruits. It’s fantastic watching everything come together. I feel a bit like Tilo, catching a tantalizing glimpse of the outside world! :)

Also:

Which brings me to the crux of this update: if everything goes well (and it’s a big “if” of course) we should go to beta within the next couple of weeks. The beta version will contain all of the pre-release’s features but some will be incomplete (as they’re still being worked on). Place-holder asides though it should give us a good idea of the game’s actual state.

The goal for us is to get feedback from people who never played the game before. And hopefully we won’t have any bad surprises! On that topic, we already have a short list of potential testers so I think we’re all set on that side… 😉

ScreenShot-2016_03_07-225136001.jpg

More at the link: http://www.ghostofatale.com/

Very much looking forward to this one.

lcap

Been following every update on this one.

It's so nice to see a developer being transparent about the issues on the game and showing what he has been learning in the process.

And then there's the cute papercraft Tilo, I tried to make it but didn't have the skill to do it, I highly recommend who want.

CHC

Incredible, this guy seems really disciplined. I'll be honest - this was absolutely one of those projects I never really expected to pan out. I'll definitely be there waiting when it comes out, it seems really endearing.

darthkarki

Incredible, this guy seems really disciplined. I'll be honest - this was absolutely one of those projects I never really expected to pan out. I'll definitely be there waiting when it comes out, it seems really endearing.

Right? It really is incredible watching the progress on this. I'm dying for release so I can try it myself, but the difference between what he demonstrated in the crowdfunding campaign and where it is now is astounding. Looking at that comparison picture, it's like a generational leap in the quality of the visuals.

Top Bottom