• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of a Tale new gameplay trailer

sn00zer

What a gorgeous little game
iba20EHZXY6oKU.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-s2jdbJxH0

Was disappointed when this moved to Unity, awesome to see it has not gotten in the way of their aesthetic vision though!

RyType

Game is coming along well, glad to finally see some new updates. not to port beg or anything but er- wasn't there talks of a wii u version?

Katori

Looking good. Wish I had backed but I'll pick it up when it comes out :)

Was disappointed when this moved to Unity, awesome to see it has not gotten in the way of their aesthetic vision though!
It never moved to Unity, it was Unity from the beginning.

Alx

I completely missed the few seconds of the game in the ID@xbox trailer, and only noticed it while watching it again later. The art style is gorgeous, they really should have given more exposition to that game !

Daouzin

Looks awesome. I'll be getting a PS4, but this and Sunset Overdrive might force me to get an Xbox One as well. This looks great.

Sendou

Man that artstyle looks great. I'm all for this type of slower adventure games too. Excited to see how this turns out. The footage they showed has me on board.

Oh man, is this the game that claimed to be influenced by Dark Souls a while back(like last year or earlier)?

The creator actually specifically said it wouldn't be like that:
It’s a difficult act to balance as Ghost of a Tale is definitely not a AAA game. People expecting the scale of Skyrim or the action of Dark Souls are not going to find it. Instead they’ll find a small game with elements of exploration, action, stealth, adventure, and I hope the charm and heart which I think so many bombastic AAA games lack nowadays.
http://www.ghostofatale.com/gamescom-trailer-is-done/
I mean, I guess it could have been influenced by DS, but I think it'll be pretty different.

watership

This game really made me sit up when I saw it at the Xbox gamescon conference. It seems that it has already got the imagination of gamers going, and the dev had to start to roll back expectations. I would love to play a huge RPG/adventure game in this style.

Top Bottom