• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima - A Storm is Coming Trailer | PS4

INC

I'm definitely ready for this game.
Hope it still sells well despite coming out close to TLOU2.

I think itll sell greatm people were so jaded by TLoU2, theyll want a more straight forward game to play and explore

For me most anticipated game in the last year.

Hope it's at least a decent 7/10, the atmosphere and music is enough for me already

No HuD, Japanese voice acting, BnW filter , get to play a Akira Kurosawa homage, what more can I ask for

JimiNutz

Banned
I think itll sell greatm people were so jaded by TLoU2, theyll want a more straight forward game to play and explore

Hope it's at least a decent 7/10, the atmosphere and music is enough for me already

No HuD, Japanese voice acting, BnW filter , get to play a Akira Kurosawa homage, what more can I ask for

Yeah I hope so.
For me personally an open world Samurai game is one of my dream games and I've been impressed by what I've seen so far.

I'm definitely convinced enough to pre order and book some days off to play. Hopefully it's a big success.

Bryank75

Banned

I assume they will give it lower marks (mid to low 80's) due to the male protagonist and no pushing of their ideology.... either way it will not effect my enjoyment of the game. Days Gone was massively underrated due to people like Lucy O'Brien and others being obsessed with representation etc.... 'gruff white male'.

Even though this is a game based in ancient Japan.

INC

Yeah I hope so.
For me personally an open world Samurai game is one of my dream games and I've been impressed by what I've seen so far.

I'm definitely convinced enough to pre order and book some days off to play. Hopefully it's a big success.

Well SP track record is good enough, I loved all infamous games and their open worlds were almost perfect size, not too big, not to small

Th scale was perfect to see an experience everything in the game.

So I have faith, I just hope theres an option to remove all hints off the map, I wanna discover thing naturally, not just heres an arrow follow it.

No hud is a must tho, I hate the bottom left UI, no style to it at all, looks extremely out of place, my only real complaint

shubik

I feel like we came to a point of visual fidelity where we don´t need cinematic render trailers for modern games anymore. I already felt this way with the TLOU2 trailer Sony did. it just felt off. The real thing already looks like CGI. whats even the point?

That being said: Still looks fire and I can´t wait to play it. Day 1 for me

Last edited:

Chupanibre

There's no way I can't buy this game. I'd even sell myself on the street for it if I had to.

There's a storm coming... in my pants.

Krisprolls

Banned
Looked great, but the fact it was all CGI with zero gameplay made it look like a Xbox showcase.

Last edited:

Arun1910

Last game I'm getting for a while, will sell my PS4 after. Looking forward to this a lot after the last gameplay we got.

whitesugar

Banned
everything looks stellar bar the gameplay, which looked average in the state of play. hoping to hear some previews soon, and hoping that in the actual game and with perhaps a higher difficulty the game is better

GreyHorace

I was about to preorder this today. But after the shitshow with The Last of Us 2, I'll wait for reviews from people I can trust.

I really want this game to be good. But fuck you Sony and Naughty Dog for making me wary.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
everything looks stellar bar the gameplay, which looked average in the state of play. hoping to hear some previews soon, and hoping that in the actual game and with perhaps a higher difficulty the game is better

Here are some more gameplay snippets that were not shown on the SoP.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Here are some more gameplay snippets that were not shown on the SoP.

They're still not doing it justice at all, as was discussed in that topic as well, the enemy AI is dumb as hell. It looks horrible from a difficulty point of view. I'm sure lots of gaf members only care how the game looks but I'd rather have some tough meaty combat and this looks far from tough.

whitesugar

Banned

looks very nice, but im still worried it's style over substance. like how these guys are just waiting around for their pal to die before
attacking themselves

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
tenor.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They're still not doing it justice at all, as was discussed in that topic as well, the enemy AI is dumb as hell. It looks horrible from a difficulty point of view. I'm sure lots of gaf members only care how the game looks but I'd rather have some tough meaty combat and this looks far from tough.

Why is the AI dumb? Because they don't want to get slashed by each other all charging in at once? This is a little more grounded, me thinks.

GreyHorace

BETTER NOT BE ANY GAY SAMURAIS IN THERE

Newsflash, there were samurai who practiced homosexuality during the Edo Period.

I don't expect this game to have this though.

Were you trying to out me as some homophobe? I had no problem with the LGBTQ stuff in TLOU2. It's the shit story that pissed me off.

Bartski

Gold Member
Newsflash, there were samurai who practiced homosexuality during the Edo Period.
relax, just kidding.

Also, I already bought the game and I REALLY want this to be good, got some issues with the gameplay shown but I love the general approach they take to combat. Less than 3 weeks!

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Why is the AI dumb? Because they don't want to get slashed by each other all charging in at once? This is a little more grounded, me thinks.

Casually waiting for their ally to get slashed is not an ideal waiting not to slash my ally tactic. He's surrounded from all angles. Attacking the ally has never been an issue in games with similar combat, at least recently anyway(disregard old AC combat, it was shit). It's not even honor because the devs clearly showed there is a mechanic where you challenge the enemy to 1v1. Plus the lack of any real raw footage of combat and whatnot when it's so close to release is baffling. I want to know if there are difficulty options or not, among other things. Too much hush hush, marketed vids.

Last edited:
Top Bottom