• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima - A Storm is Coming Trailer | PS4

Arthimura

looks very nice, but im still worried it's style over substance. like how these guys are just waiting around for their pal to die before
attacking themselves

I think is a challenge to develop a realistic combat and at the same time it be playable, because they can't make Jin suffer several sword attacks and keep fighting like nothing happened, and at the same time it wouldn't work if all the enemies rushed at the player at the same time, making the player get killed with one sword attack, would only led to frustration and repetition of checkpoints. Different from more over the top games, like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, or even Sekiro and NiOh, were there's mystical elements involved.

Last edited:

ToadMan

I take an interest in Japanese history since I enjoy a lot of their media (manga, anime, movies, tv, games). Samurai practicing gay sex is something I've known for awhile now. I didn't just google it out of the blue. Hell, there was mention of the practice way back in James Clavell's Shogun.

Women are just for making babies, boys are for fun .... to paraphrase the ancient Greeks.

This obsession with heterosexuality being the only method for achieving orgasm is “recent” in historical terms.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The game looks fantastic. I really hope they nail the combat. Their past efforts have been been hit and miss up until now.

Arkam

The feels this game produces!!! Next few weeks need go by quick. FF7R was great, TLOU2 was good.... but I have faith that this will be my favorite game this year.

INC

Everyone is so worried about the combat. I'm more worried about the flow of the open world and it being not the usual Ubisoft template.

I think itll be fine, infamous games never felt like a drag to 100% 30+ hrs max I reckon, no doubt playing for multiple endings as well as ninja or samurai, they cant make it a 60hrs open world game

I'm guessing tho, no idea of size, I could be completely wrong

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
damn this gets me so hyped for a new onimusha.

this looks pretty solid though. color me interested.
I miss the clan of ogres that were subverted by the demons... they were very charming!

It was so random naming characters after ones in Hamlet and Fortinbras being the final boss!

This game might be good. But honestly I havent seen anything impressive about this game, except maybe the environment(good use of color). All im getting is Assassin's Creed. Hopefully the game takes some risks. Second Son was a decent, but took zero risks. So im not quite sure where the sucking of this game is coming from.

If it wasn't for PlayStation, this game would not even exist.

I hate this NIGGER card behaviour. WAAAH WAAAAH YOU SHOULDN'T ENJOY THINGS YOU HAVE CREATED YOURSELF! YOU SHOULD SHARE THEM WITH EVERYONE ELSE!!!! Just like niggers and females.

Wow. Thanks for showing everyone your true colors. Embarrassing.

looks very nice, but im still worried it's style over substance. like how these guys are just waiting around for their pal to die before
attacking themselves

Gameplay designers probably do this on purpose because pure realism when you're outnumbered wouldn't be fun. Basically as soon as you fight 2 people, you're dead. As soon as you fight 3, you're really dead. And it wouldn't even look that good, or be easy to follow. It would be like this, which is just an unsophisticated brawl. It wouldn't really be great gameplay.

I'm still excited about playing it on higher difficulties though. Looks like the enemies have unblockables, they attack while you're attacking someone else, and you supposedly die in 1-2 hits.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
no you don't have bad memory, on hard and very hard they fuck you up simultaniously.
Right? I found that pretty cool, it made combat fast-paced as you needed to be aware of your surroundings in every fight.

Hope they dont make combat too easy or boring in GoT, because otherwise it looks really nice.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
This game might be good. But honestly I havent seen anything impressive about this game, except maybe the environment(good use of color). All im getting is Assassin's Creed. Hopefully the game takes some risks. Second Son was a decent, but took zero risks. So im not quite sure where the sucking of this game is coming from.
Sucker Punch graphics and gameplay + feudal Japan + long development cycle + the trailers

Last edited:

ToadMan

Assassins Creed?

As far as I’ve seen, GoT hasn’t shown any parkour style climbing or blending in with crowds or any of the usual AC gameplay.

The combat looked nothing like AC either.

I don’t get an AC vibe at all ... what is it you’re seeing?

Definitely dismemberment, dunno about decap....
The ESRB rating says this game lets you decapitate enemies.
Some attacks result in dismemberment and/or decapitation of enemy soldiers, often accompanied by large blood-splatter effects.

In the blogpost they're beating around the bush.
Can you chop people’s heads off or cut them in half?

Nate:
Players won’t be able to target specific body parts, Jin’s goal is just to dispatch his enemies as quickly as possible with whatever means available. Our motto for Ghost’s combat is “Mud, Blood and Steel”; it’s gritty, visceral, and above all lethal. It doesn’t take many slashes with katana to kill an enemy, just like it doesn’t take many hits from a Mongol’s sword to kill Jin. It’s a challenging environment to stay alive in — use every weapon you have.

My guess is that it can happen randomly.

JimiNutz

Banned
Definitely dismemberment, dunno about decap....
The ESRB rating says this game lets you decapitate enemies.

In the blogpost they're beating around the bush.

My guess is that it can happen randomly.

Brilliant.
It wouldn't feel like a true samurai game to me if heads weren't rolling.

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
I'm playing Fallen Order right now, seems like a similar system. Wonder if the timing needs to be more precise based on difficulty...
I played JFO too and there's no way GOT doesn't absolutely curbstomp that janky and rushed-out mess into the fckn ground lmao.
Now don't get me wrong I had some fun in it but jeez it did not look good compared to Sekiro tbh.

Bryank75

Banned
I played JFO too and there's no way GOT doesn't absolutely curbstomp that janky and rushed-out mess into the fckn ground lmao.
Now don't get me wrong I had some fun in it but jeez it did not look good compared to Sekiro tbh.
Yeah, I was gonna wait till I finished it to post something but... every elevator lags badly before it arrives, the graphics are sometimes PS3 levels and the combat is very imprecise. Some other stuff too but that's the main things that annoyed me...

CrysisFreak

Banned
Yeah, I was gonna wait till I finished it to post something but... every elevator lags badly before it arrives, the graphics are sometimes PS3 levels and the combat is very imprecise. Some other stuff too but that's the main things that annoyed me...
Legit. Out of all those real issues the worst one for me personally was the lack of precision in combat.

INC

Guess its media blackout time

Wish content creators would take note of their game thumbnails, always spoilers and I have choice but to see it. Should be removed tbh

Hate that shit

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Gameplay designers probably do this on purpose because pure realism when you're outnumbered wouldn't be fun. Basically as soon as you fight 2 people, you're dead. As soon as you fight 3, you're really dead. And it wouldn't even look that good, or be easy to follow. It would be like this, which is just an unsophisticated brawl. It wouldn't really be great gameplay.

I'm still excited about playing it on higher difficulties though. Looks like the enemies have unblockables, they attack while you're attacking someone else, and you supposedly die in 1-2 hits.

I am not a fan multi enemy pile on's in most games unless there is some over to top fantasy element to the combat, and with something that is supposed to be somewhat grounded, multi swords coming in does not happen IRL either. Especially for a semblance of an honor system with samurai duels, or not wanting to get cut themselves. They still seem to look for openings to come in while you are in the middle of another, but it won't be a constant gang bang out at all times, thankfully.

Top Bottom