• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Announced for 2018 (New Sucker Punch IP)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Announcement Trailer

Announced at PGW

Trailer screnshots:
ghost_of_tsushima_reveal_screen_3.jpg

ghost_of_tsushima_reveal_screen_4.jpg

ghost_of_tsushima_reveal_screen_6.jpg

Ghost of Tsushima Interview: Details on Sucker Punch's Next Open World Adventure

DonF

out of nowhere, I was actually expecting the tenchu name at the end of the trailer. Still looks cool.

pcostabel

Gold Member
Looks great but weir choice to have a samurai game from a western studio. I was hoping for more original setting...

Tsushima is going to be stealth open world

Mongol invasion of 1274

EDIT:

Tsushima was an important trade center during this period. After the Toi invasion, private trade started between Goryeo, Tsushima, Iki, and Kyūshū, but halted during the Mongol invasions of Japan between 1274 and 1281. The Goryeosa, a history of the Goryeo dynasty, mentions that in 1274, Korean troops of the Mongol army led by Kim Bang-gyeong that included many Korean soldiers killed a great number of people on the islands.

rothbart

I wasn't really interested until I saw this was from Sucker Punch. I feel a bit shallow about that, but the trailer didn't really inspire me much. That said, I can't recall a Sucker Punch game I didn't ultimately love... so they have my attention.

Also, dang I can't imagine working on something for 3.5 yrs without being about to talk about it... this must feel great for them to have it announced.

Newk86

Probably my favourite of the show. Can only think of two other samurai games that I've played in Onimusha 2 and Tenchu on PS1.

This is it. This is the game I've been waiting for. This is my dream game.

I expected Ubisoft to do this with Ass Creed, but they failed. Now it's finally come true. Thanks based Sucker Punch. Thank you based Sony.

MY BODY...MY BODY COULD NOT BE MORE READY THAN IT CURRENTLY IS!!! HYPE LEVEL IS OVER 90000000000000!!!

Elios83

Truly amazing, I've been dreaming about a next gen Onimusha game for so long, this year we got Nioh and now this :O
Can't wait.

Newk86

Just posting again to say that I'm really happy about this. Was glad to see that it was SP developing it at the end too, almost relieved even that it wasn't third party. I think the potential is big and they will do the theme justice.

I'm hoping for swords, swords, swords. Lots of customisation and attention to detail and with intricate, critical combat to match. And stealth, and ninjas.

Sanctuary

What a very non informative way of explaining what the game is about. All I took away from that is "We're cool, we're excited, it's going to be awesome. Samurai's are cool right? See that temple in the distance? You can go there! Please be excited!".

Tenchu is not a samurai game.

Yes it is.

In that you kill plenty of them.

Top Bottom