• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Announced for 2018 (New Sucker Punch IP)

xviper

is this the Tenchu game i have been waiting for ??

not getting my hopes up since Infamous series was a pile of filth

G-Bus

Banned
Cool. Was wondering if they were going to debut a game at this.

I like samurais!

Please be better than SS

Vlightray

Looks stunning Sucker Punch is living up to the studio name Sucker Punch. Wouldn't of thought they can produce these results if you looked at Infamous 1 & 2 back on PS3 but when they went to PS4 wow they shifted into high gear Second Son still blows away visually.

So this has me hyped!

Atrus

Gold Member
Did not expect a Samurai game from SuckerPunch but they do open world games very well so this should be interesting.

The Ghost part of the title probably means stealth aspects. Few people would name people the Ghost of X-place if it wasn't for their ability to be undetected.

They'll probably go with the locked zones we normally see in GTA or Infamous games plus plenty of indoor sections.

amdb00mer

This to me was the best announcement. So much for "E3 was only half the story". Looking forward to this new IP from SP. I really did not like Infamous: SS.

Gitaroo

Looks stunning Sucker Punch is living up to the studio name Sucker Punch. Wouldn't of thought they can produce these results if you looked at Infamous 1 & 2 back on PS3 but when they went to PS4 wow they shifted into high gear Second Son still blows away visually.

So this has me hyped!

Infamous 1 & 2 were both real great technical achievement man espcially with part 2. Easily on par with Uncharted 2. People just have unrealistic expectation for an open world game.

Shifty

Goddamn that's pushing my weeb buttons. Need some gameplay though.

Also I'm probably reading way too much into it but the samurai/ninja combo and those sword moves at the end are setting off my Ninja Gaiden alarm. Must temper my expectations.

Boss Mog

Ubisoft took too long to come out with their Japan AC game. You snooze, you lose.

Game looks great and Sucker Punch are a talented bunch. I have faith this will be good.

Amazing, i've been reading about Kublai/Qubilai Khan and his invasions of Japan very recently. During the trailer I was like "WHAAAAAT?"

Amazing, my game of the show.

I've been whining (and crying myself to sleep at night) for a new Tenchu or even an Onimusha game for awhile now.

This looks like it could fill both voids.

And with that Sony AAA budget, could be better than I ever wished. Here's hoping (for a gameplay demo at PSX).

Boss★Moogle;252934023 said:
Ubisoft took too long to come out with their Japan AC game. You snooze, you lose.

Game looks great and Sucker Punch are a talented bunch. I have faith this will be good.

It's not outside the realms of possibility that they make the next year's Assassin's Creed in Japan though.

If that happens, Sucker Punch has an uphill battle to prove why people should buy theirs over AC.

Wouldn't AC have the uphill battle?
This game looks like its in another league, far as presentation goes.

AC has the casual market though, and is a known product.

Of course if the gameplay reveal turns out to be really good then I think the word of mouth advantage would be on GoT's (lol) side.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Im god damn excited!!! Im so glad Sucker Punch is the one making samurai game instead Ubisoft with AC series.

Just the other day I was thinking that there have not been any great ninja/samurai AAA games for a long time. And bam! A samurai game and made by SP!!! Looked incredible and the perfect team to do a samurai game. Cannot wait to see more of this.

g11

Wow, so glad Sony held one back like this. The wait on God of War and some of the other their other games has been brutal. Still, I'm guessing something is going to slip to 2019. Currently Sony has, in theory, Detroit, Spider-Man, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, and potentially Days Gone releasing in 2018. Oh and Shadow of the Colossus Remastered too.

What they showed looked really good though. I'm psyched for an open-world Samurai game.

WaterAstro

I have issues with the design of the title art. It looks really futuristic for some reason. Maybe because of how square, or lacking curves, it looks. I can see they use some calligraphy brush motif, but because of how square it looks, it doesn't look like calligraphy.

When I first saw it, it looked like it could say Ghost Recon and still fit.

Superman0

Wow, this game is definitely in my top 5 for most anticipated. I love Tenchu/Way of the Samurai and this game give off a similar vibe.

Now, if only a studio could make a Chinese wuxia or xianxia game with flying sword and stuff.

Carl

Definitely not what I expected at all but it looked and sounded incredible. Can't wait for more info

Yeah, this was a fucking hype trailer.

Was not expecting SP reveal till psx, but I guess they want to pull out all the big guns for the xmas rush, leading into what hopefully is a very strong psx show as well.

Fbh

That looks amazing. Definitely one of my most anticipated games from now on.
I've been waiting for a game like this for years. For whatever reason, every time there is a discussion about what setting would be good for a game, ancient japan tends to be written off as being too "obvious" or "cliché" despite the fact that there are almost no big games set during a more grounded version of that time period.

So far this seems to be using the exact setting I've been waiting a long time to see. Ancient japan without magic or demons or anime.

Phloxy

I know people reacting gets mocked and stuff on here but I decided to share mine.
https://youtu.be/1Ixp5SVwtZU

As somebody who never thought we would get a big open world stealth game set in this time period after Tenchu faded, to say I’m extremely excited about this is an understatement and a half.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
This looks good. I just finished season 2 of Marco Polo. I didn't know it was canceled until too late. I can go for more Kahn.

It looks kinda like Horizon with Samurais :)

It's not outside the realms of possibility that they make the next year's Assassin's Creed in Japan though.

If that happens, Sucker Punch has an uphill battle to prove why people should buy theirs over AC.

More like AC has uphill battle then. Plus Sony usually releases games in first half of year

Top Bottom