• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Announced for 2018 (New Sucker Punch IP)

I have been begging for that ever since the reveal. :p

There’s a good chance we get it if there’s a loud demand for it but could see them not plan to have dual audio for the game. Seemed an odd choice for a game so heavily focused on Japan to have an English dub.

Hellshy.

If the gameplay loop is anything like Assassin's Creed or Horizon, that would kill my hype for this game.

How is the gameplay loop in horizon anything like ac. Horizon has some of the best ranged combat I have ever played. Also why do people keep saying it gives them ac vibe? I am not seeing the connection at all.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
How is the gameplay loop in horizon anything like ac. Horizon has some of the best ranged combat I have ever played. Also why do people keep saying it gives them ac vibe? I am not seeing the connection at all.

To me the open world of Horizon is the most boring open world I ever played. there is absolutely nothing to find in horizon. No weapons, no Armours or anything and reason I compare it to most Ubisoft games because just like those games Horizon's open world is less about exploring and more about doing chore list to do like activating the tallnecks or taking out enemy camps. If you enjoy that type of open world games more power to you but I don't and I don't want Ghost have this type of open world game.

Keihart

To me the open world of Horizon is the most boring open world I ever played. there is absolutely nothing to find in horizon. No weapons, no Armours or anything and reason I compare it to most Ubisoft games because just like those games Horizon's open world is less about exploring and more about doing chore list to do like activating the tallnecks or taking out enemy camps. If you enjoy that type of open world games more power to you but I don't and I don't want Ghost have this type of open world game.

The world in Horizon sure is boring but unlike Assasin's Creed , the combat is a blast, sadly combat wasn't enough to carry the game for me, i might finish it at some point but i got tired at like 50 hours of slow progression because i just wanted to kill stuff. Seriously that should have a bigger focus on combat or have a better script, dialogue was super boring for the most part, also fighting humas feels like a chore.

But yeah, way better than Assasin's Creed for me, those games are boring tourism simulators, Yakuza is a way better game for tourism in my books.

Edit: Since Ghost is being developed by SP and seems to be about a Samurai going guerrilla style and become some kind of ninja, now it makes complete sense to me. Fun traversal/platforming is what comes to mind when i think of SP, and a ninja in a sandbox game screams fun traversal. Hope i'm not wrong.

Kid Ying

Oh yeah, this looks gr...

"Open world Adventure"

Jesus christ make it stop already.
Yeaaah... I never liked sucker punch open World games at all and knowing this is just another one of them really kills my hype altogether.

A shame, cause it looked cool, but infamous did too.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
And everything was open world. everything has to be open world, huh. I blame internet forums for always complaining about "scripted linear experiences". Devs listened and took note, now every game is the size of fucking planet earth.

Uncharted Lost Legacy chapter 4 was the worst chapter of Uncharted I ever played. literally a huge empty space with nothing but a jeep and endless driving with a god-awful map system.

tr00per

Man. I have been asking about SP at every event and now I finally know what they're up to. Definitely not what I was expecting but I'm pretty hyped.

The world in Horizon sure is boring but unlike Assasin's Creed , the combat is a blast, sadly combat wasn't enough to carry the game for me, i might finish it at some point but i got tired at like 50 hours of slow progression because i just wanted to kill stuff. Seriously that should have a bigger focus on combat or have a better script, dialogue was super boring for the most part, also fighting humas feels like a chore.

Each to their own but the combat in Horizon is second only to FROM games in the history of gaming imo, it could carry just about anything.

Its made by sucker punch what did you expect? I am amazed that they even chose feudal japan as the setting.

I'm not familiar with their games, just clicked because the name is cool. Pics/videos look great and then read open world.

I've never played Infamous etc.

Uncharted Lost Legacy chapter 4 was the worst chapter of Uncharted I ever played. literally a huge empty space with nothing but a jeep and endless driving with a god-awful map system.

I disagree. There is a ton to do in chapter 4 and a lot is optional. I also liked looking at the physical map to plot my course.

LakeEarth

It’s apparently in game, not CGI

I don't blame him for his mistake. Watching it on my phone, I didn't understand why people were so excited for a CGI trailer. I needed to see it on my TV to see the minor flaws that made it more obvious that it was (somehow) real-time.

vpance

Yeaaah... I never liked sucker punch open World games at all and knowing this is just another one of them really kills my hype altogether.

A shame, cause it looked cool, but infamous did too.

I highly doubt this game's open worldness will be as shallow as Infamous.

So, here some of the pitfalls of what I hope Sucker Punch avoids when they're doing this game.

1) Distinction between a Samurai and a Ninja- This isn't Final Fantasy, the two 'classes' aren't mutually exclusive. In a recent interview they seem to at least recognize this so I'm not worried about it as much anymore.

Which leads me to the more important bit

2) The myth of the honorable Samurai- This isn't Call of Duty, there is no 1v1 me bro code among Samurai. They are first and foremost warriors, meaning 'honor' is doing whatever it takes to kill the other guy and winning wars. When they say he's moving away from tradition fighting, I hope it just means moving from fighting a conventional warfare to guerrilla warfare.

Lastly, this one always felt off to me but I can't quite explain why,

3) Look at how the Japanese portrays the Samurai, and less on how western films and stories portrays them. More Nioh, less For Honor. It feels like Western media really goes all in on the honor and traditions part. While I'm sure there's part of it, in Japanese media I feel it's more comradery and strength of will.

Hellshy.

But I don't enjoy those things and yet still really liked the game. They are optional not what the game is about. What the game was about is story and combat with robo dinos . The story is league's better than most open world games and combat was amazing with the exception of melee.the challenges were also good. Sure more weapons would be nice and do hope they change the formula in some areas

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
But I don't enjoy those things and yet still really liked the game. They are optional not what the game is about. What the game was about is story and combat with robo dinos . The story is league's better than most open world games and combat was amazing with the exception of melee.the challenges were also good. Sure more weapons would be nice and do hope they change the formula in some areas

I personally really didn't care for Aloy or her journey. the only interesting about it was
Zero Dawn project
but its told such a boring way with Audio logs after audio logs after audio logs. Like I said if you enjoyed it then good for you but I personally fucking hated Horizon and I don't want Ghost plays anything like that game.

Top Bottom