• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut - Iki Island Trailer | PS5, PS4

OK, my headband is on and I'm ready for this now!!!

I was already sold upgrading to this anyway but still, it's good to see the work they've put into this. The real time cutscenes look so much better than the pre-rendered PS4 cutscenes.

trikster40

I absolutely cannot wait. GoT is on my top 5 favorite games of all time, maybe top 3. Just an amazing experience that I can’t wait to dive back into.

RGB'D

Did people really not get bored to tears with this game? It was awesome for 10-15 hours and then became boring as crap. So little variety in mission and gameplay. Let's kill all the enemies in a camp or maybe just follow some footprints to fight more enemies...

sendit

Av-8B Simulation GIF by MicroProse

Skifi28

Did people really not get bored to tears with this game? It was awesome for 10-15 hours and then became boring as crap. So little variety in mission and gameplay. Let's kill all the enemies in a camp or maybe just follow some footprints to fight more enemies...
The combat always had me coming back for more, I never missed a chance to battle an enemy. I wasn't very fond of the last area with the snow, but other than that no complaints.

3liteDragon

Well, Nate said
sparing him was the true ending

Idunno what they are going to do but that was based off the consistency of Jin's character at that point in time.
Fuck I killed him lol, I thought that was the right thing to do by honoring him.

jaysius

Banned
FFS the NPC's in-game animations for sidequest shit is still board stiff and painfully lacking proper animation. I guess they never fix some issues.

Rayderism

Pre-ordered the DLC for my PS4 Pro. Finished the game a while ago, so I'll just play it all again once the DLC drops. Always like when the DLC expansion just becomes part of the game as opposed to being some separate part to play afterwards.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
If I have a PS4 disc version but play on PS5. Can I still upgrade to the director's cut? What if I sell the disc afterwards?

RGB'D

yeah you play a different game bruh
I swear I didn't. I have never been into Assasins Creed games for many of these reasons. I had unlocked all of the stances in ACT 1, had unlocked most every camp, unlocked all but one ghost weapon, mused in hot tubs, found villager camps. But at the end of the day... got to save taka... go sneak in save him and then after liberate the city. Go liberate a logging camp... Go to do this side mission with a merchant... follow footprints to where bandits were. Find an old lady who says they stole her food... go follow footprints to the bandit camp... I started ACT 2 and had to put the game done because I was forcing myself at that point and had nothing compelling me to play the game. The combat was pretty fun for a while but there was almost no enemy variety beyond spear, two swords, one sword, shield etc. Even the duels felt anticlimactic... I guess I'm just literally surprised at the hype and praise this game gets with all its copious flaws. I bought it when I first got my ps5 and already had beat MM and had nothing to play. I still never went back to it and instead waited on returnal and R&C. While I wish MM had been longer, all three of those games were leaps and bounds better IMO..

Last edited:

Shmunter

I guess one needs to have been invested in the original for this to resonate. Fell nothing, possibly not having played the main yet.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Looks damn good, but expensive.

Will grab it when it's cheaper, or can you just buy the expansion?

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I swear I didn't. I have never been into Assasins Creed games for many of these reasons. I had unlocked all of the stances in ACT 1, had unlocked most every camp, unlocked all but one ghost weapon, mused in hot tubs, found villager camps. But at the end of the day... got to save taka... go sneak in save him and then after liberate the city. Go liberate a logging camp... Go to do this side mission with a merchant... follow footprints to where bandits were. Find an old lady who says they stole her food... go follow footprints to the bandit camp... I started ACT 2 and had to put the game done because I was forcing myself at that point and had nothing compelling me to play the game. The combat was pretty fun for a while but there was almost no enemy variety beyond spear, two swords, one sword, shield etc. Even the duels felt anticlimactic... I guess I'm just literally surprised at the hype and praise this game gets with all its copious flaws. I bought it when I first got my ps5 and already had beat MM and had nothing to play. I still never went back to it and instead waited on returnal and R&C. While I wish MM had been longer, all three of those games were leaps and bounds better IMO..

ACT 2 is a completely different beast because of the introduction of the Ronins. Dogs. Eagles lol.
And let's not forget the ronin duels.

Oh well. You miss a lot. Fire blade. Poison darts. Ghost stance. Dude ACT 1 is nothing compared to second act.
Also all the side missions have amazing stories.

But again fair enough if you didn't like it

Last edited:

nbkicker

What are the ps5 enhancements besides frame rate and res? Ive never played this before
Frame rate is already 60fps on ps5 , there might be a native 4k but dont no how much youll notice from the way ps5 running it now, then only ps5 upgrade is resolution, japanese lypsync, 3d audio and dualsense features

j0hnnix

I'll wait for the DF 400% zoom review before buying but it already looked good enough.

I don't see it in these compressed videos.

See Season 16 GIF by The Simpsons

I have the platinum trophy and Ghost was my favorite game of the last year.
Still I think I'll wait for a sale for the DLC upgrade.

In theory I love to replay last generations titles at 60 fps and better resolution etc. but theres just so many other games to play rather than giant open world games that take forever to finish. I know that I can just play the dlc, but after a year of playing Ghost I'll just be totally lost with the gameplay.

Been replaying FF7R with PS5 upgrade but it might take more time in between the playthroughs for me to finish it again. I don't want to play it's dlc before playing the main game again.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I have the platinum trophy and Ghost was my favorite game of the last year.
Still I think I'll wait for a sale for the DLC upgrade.

In theory I love to replay last generations titles at 60 fps and better resolution etc. but theres just so many other games to play rather than giant open world games that take forever to finish. I know that I can just play the dlc, but after a year of playing Ghost I'll just be totally lost with the gameplay.

Ghost of Thushima was my very first (and only seeing I don't really care about trophies) Platinum and perhaps my favorite game of last year as well. I LOVED the atmosphere.. Matter of fact it could even be my favorite open world environment ever (no hyperbole) Coupled with feudal Japan.. *Drool*

So yeah playing this in 60fps would be awesome but like you mentioned I don't see myself replaying the whole game again, it's just to much.

I'll definitely buy this upgrade with DLC and play the latter when I've got a PS5. Looking very much forward to it!

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

2020 had been a tough year for all of us, being forced to lock ourselves into the confines of our homes for months for the greater good. During a time when physically going out and exploring the scenic vistas that the real-world offers was not an option, playing Ghost of Tsushima felt like a reprieve from all the ensuing chaos which allowed me and thousands of others to get up close and personal with all the beauty that lie within the untamed wilderness of the world - albeit virtually.

For this very reason, it holds a very special place in the hearts of many a fan - though not to suggest it's flawless. There are a few rough patches here and there, and thankfully Sucker Punch seems to be addressing most of them through the Iki Island. Here are the biggest reasons that I am excited about it.

Top Bottom