• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima has gone gold

hunthunt

Banned
Shouldn't Sony have waited a little bit, and release this as a Ps4/Ps5 game?

Fans and specially haters keep talking about TLOU2 and they are giving that game crazy amounts of mindshare, and that doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon.

Gamerguy84

Fans and specially haters keep talking about TLOU2 and they are giving that game crazy amounts of mindshare, and that doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon.

Sony released big PS3 games right before PS4. I like that they dont abandon a console just before the release of another one.

Looking at the 2020 release dates of PS5 games look like well have a decent choice of games t ok play.

I feel like development times for PS5 games will be shorter.

Vawn

Banned

Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Cyberpunk both look to be PS5 launch games. Adding Ghost on top of that probably is too much open-world games to release once.

cormack12

Gold Member
Day one. I'm kinda still a bit wary it will have some inFamous jank though. Deluxe Edition doesn't seem to have a whole lot worth plugging extra for

Digital Deluxe Edition includes:
• One technique point*
• Charm of Hachiman’s Favour*
• Hero of Tsushima Skin Set*: Golden Mask, Body Armour, Sword Kit, Horse, Saddle
• Digital mini artbook
• Director’s commentary
• Samurai PS4™ theme

*In-game items unlocked via story progression.

Not worth an extra £10 in my opinion. Be standard for me!

ultrazilla

42824697732_dc60d08041_o.gif

My PS4 Pro's swan song game......along with it's fan.

cormack12

Gold Member
I still haven't bought TLoU2 because first I'll replay TLoU Remastered. I'm really afraid how my Pro is going to handle it. It's absurdly loud even when playing TLoU Remastered 🤯

My launch pro hasn't been bad on TLoU:R to be fair. It kicks in at certain parts - the subway after Tess for instance. I noticed this because it's quiet fown there obviously. The bigger issue with the remaster for me was the lighting. With and without HDR, certain parts are just fucked. Not sure whether it was introduced with the HDR patch. Just sours the first part of the game as most is outdoors and adequately lit, messing with gamma and brightness helps but it affects the overall IQ. I only started again a couple of weeks ago so I assume it's the latest patch.

Cobenzl

I’m getting this first for PS4 then TLOU2 later when PS5 comes out. Looks amazing. Should I play it in black and white entirely?

Abear21

Banned
I’m hyped for this game! The world looks amazing, the combat seems different from just plain hack and slash title. I know you have different stances you can be in with different move sets, that’s a welcome change from the usual button mash auto melee animation most open world titles have. This reason alone makes this game stand out to me, not to mention the atmosphere, setting, and visuals! Oh, and SP!!!

Matsuchezz

Awesome!! This game looks really different, is not an action game a la Sekiro, looks like more of a samurai sim kind of gameplay.
I will probably finish the TLOU2 a couple of times more before I jump into GoT. And there is also a few games on my backlog before PS5.

I will pick TLOU2 up in a sale when I have a drought, this though I will get day one, much more interesting.

The the other samurai games have reputations of being silly hard, not even gonna waste my time with them.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Good for Sony..

Though I must admit, I'm a little bored with this paradigm...

Last edited:

yurqqa

Sony is doing it every generation. There's such a quality output right before the start of new generation that there's just no doubt which console to buy.

And then there's just Resogun to play for a whole year.

This time though we'll have backwards compatibility again - so my backlog will come with me to new generation.

Dontero

Banned
If this game gets great reviews this close to TLOU2, the Internet is going to explode.

What i don't get is why people are hyped about it.

1. Sucker Punch never did anything with great gameplay and i say it as a kind of fan of Infameous.
2. They never made anything close to DS, good combat doesn't grow on trees you know, it takes experience to make something good.
3. Graphics is pretty much only thing that people talk about
4. Stories they wrote about before are also nothing to care about.

This reminds me of Ready at Dawn case and The Order. Everyone superhyped about graphics and setting.... and then game comes out with shitty gameplay that only had graphics.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
What i don't get is why people are hyped about it.

1. Sucker Punch never did anything with great gameplay and i say it as a kind of fan of Infameous.
2. They never made anything close to DS, good combat doesn't grow on trees you know, it takes experience to make something good.
3. Graphics is pretty much only thing that people talk about
4. Stories they wrote about before are also nothing to care about.

This reminds me of Ready at Dawn case and The Order. Everyone superhyped about graphics and setting.... and then game comes out with shitty gameplay that only had graphics.

It starts already. 🤣

Top Bottom