• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima is So Beautiful That Shuhei Yoshida Often Stops to Admire the Graphics.

Nice to hear he's a graphics whore. Let's just hope the gameplay's good, too đź‘Ť

I agree man. Unless we're talking about some fine sexy thick virtual honeys, I don't care about how "ultra good" the graphics are, or how realistic they look. These graphics jumps aren't really impressive anymore, unless you know about super-niche 3D tech stuff and how to look for it in-game. By that point tho you gotta give it up; harder you gotta look, the smaller the jump actually is.

You got the point
Where we are now, having a graphic jump so massive like ps2 to 3 for example is very hard, and We'll need to Wait at least ps6 and 60fps as a standard imho, with every game being like a 2x TLoU2 /DS as a regular basis

At this point, I'd be much more impressed by a game with enemies using an insane A. I. to counteract you, making actions who we though impossible before, more interactivity ( who is partially linked to graphics, ok, as well as distruptibility of environments) or crazy, all new gameplay features
Next step imho should Probably be 60fps as a standard, and a. I. improvements, being able to play versus or with a computer with an ability on par with human players - too much with, sorry lol - ( not only about difficulty, but more under approach aspect and the actions variety, and I like higher difficulties to feel less as a cheater AI, and more like an actually skilled opponent) would be sick

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
I can believe him when I played Horizon Zero Dawn (yes I know thts guerilla) I had never really used my share button but damnnnn I constantly stopped mesmerized that an open world could look so good, Sony devs are the top of the food chain. Ghost of T looks to be something special. I like Sucker Punch games anyway. Neon powers in Infamous was a thing of beauty.

Last edited:
Jason Connell and his team are doing fantastic work. Last year's presentation looked amazing.

anton-gonzalez-2.gif

anton-gonzalez-10.gif

anton-gonzalez-14.gif

Excited to see what the game looks like closer to its release.

Last edited:

FranXico

Why so cynical?
You think he's incapable of appreciating the work of Sucker Punch, much like any one of us?
That's all well and good, I'm just disappointed that there's no new actual info on the game. We already know it's a pretty looking one.
I would have liked a small "you'll hear more at PSX" hint.

I might have to buy another PS4 game, since red dead.... and I hate buying games on PS4 :messenger_grinning_squinting: Looks like oriental Witcher 3!

Last edited:

GymWolf

People was saying that with Horizon too when Sony announced Pro.
Not with the same insistency as with ghost of tsushima, also horizon when he comes out was arguably the game with the best graphics on the market, so...

Yes of course the ps5 game narrative is bullshit, the game is gorgeous but not better than rdr2 for example.

To me, tlou2 was really bordeline netxgen, not tsushima.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
That's all well and good, I'm just disappointed that there's no new actual info on the game. We already know it's a pretty looking one.
I would have liked a small "you'll hear more at PSX" hint.
I feel you. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for the next update. Look on the bright side, the game itself is at most one year out from release.
Many are labeling its as a potential cross-gen title, I'm inclined to agree,

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What? Who's Loudninja? It's that GAF/ERA guy who basically ha a post history made at 90% of reposting Playstation official blogs on the forums.

I meant in reference to the OP. If that is your slight against him, open your eyes. He posts news from everything.

Psykodad

Banned
No doubt, people said this was running on a high end PC, no way is this possible...…...Yes Way, this is SWWS, this is what they do.....
SWWS has been melting brains with PS4 games since before the PS4 was released.

Funny to see that there are still people being the typical cynicals we see every time pre-release.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
Obviously going to be cross-gen.

I still believe that PS5 was intended to be released this year and that TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima were supposed to be cross-gen launch-titles.
And Ghost probably still is, hence we won't see any footage of it until around the full PS5 reveal.

With that article in mind, my guess is that we'll get new footage right before the first PS5 videos, just to reassure people.
And then a showcase of the game running on PS5.

Last edited:

CuNi

Is "The Graphics look so good, I often stop to admire" the new "We don't have enough gameplay for a healthy and long campaign, so please just STOP and watch the scenery so we can pretend it's a long campaign"?
Somehow most games nowadays that release and only boast about how good the graphics look like suffer from gameplay and play time issues.

mejin

Obviously going to be cross-gen.

I still believe that PS5 was intended to be released this year and that TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima were supposed to be cross-gen launch-titles.
And Ghost probably still is, hence we won't see any footage of it until around the full PS5 reveal.

With that article in mind, my guess is that we'll get new footage right before the first PS5 videos, just to reassure people.
And then a showcase of the game running on PS5.

what reasons for ps5 coming this year with sony so quiet along the year?

we just had previews from TLoU2 and gameplay matches initial gameplay reveal.

Psykodad

Banned
what reasons for ps5 coming this year with sony so quiet along the year?
Because it made sense since this gen has already become a drag for a long time.
Just as how it makes sense that it got delayed when those new AMD chips came.

But that's just what I think.

we just had previews from TLoU2 and gameplay matches initial gameplay reveal.
I know, I wasn't talking about TLOU.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Is "The Graphics look so good, I often stop to admire" the new "We don't have enough gameplay for a healthy and long campaign, so please just STOP and watch the scenery so we can pretend it's a long campaign"?
Somehow most games nowadays that release and only boast about how good the graphics look like suffer from gameplay and play time issues.
This game has been in development for 6 years I dont think it's going to be that short and Sucker Punch games have good gameplay

CuNi

This game has been in development for 6 years I dont think it's going to be that short and Sucker Punch games have good gameplay

Duke Nukem Forever spent 15 Years in Development and we know how that turned out.
I'm not saying the game will be bad, I'm just saying that recent games that only talked about graphics tended to be on the worse side of gameplay/story.
I won't be getting this game since I'm not interested in the setting but I hope you guys will be delivered a game you can enjoy as much as possible nonetheless.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Duke Nukem Forever spent 15 Years in Development and we know how that turned out.
I'm not saying the game will be bad, I'm just saying that recent games that only talked about graphics tended to be on the worse side of gameplay/story.
I won't be getting this game since I'm not interested in the setting but I hope you guys will be delivered a game you can enjoy as much as possible nonetheless.
I see. I think it'll be good from what we've seen and Sony WWS games have good sized campaigns. Shu has also been playing it for years I think it's going to be a good game

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I think it’s safe to assume that Tsushima might end up being cross gen game similar to original Watch Dogs.

Top Bottom