• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint open beta set for September 26 to 30

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Ghost Recon fans have to get with the adjustments, and changes. I wouldn't be concerned with scripted AI, difficulty settings etc. you're going to get a sharp AAA game. After that its all on Ubisoft to execute a stable game.

Tryed the beta on the X and I dunno why there's so much hate but I really like it 🤷‍♂️..puts me in the sEAL mode 💪

Atmospheric, great jungle environment and in general great looking vistas, moody feel of surviving, being hunted..solid gm overall. Day 1.

I did see a Youtuber I watch argue the game had no soul because of all the changes from Wildlands to this game but like... Wildlands could be argued to be open world because they wanted to be like other games as well, the franchise wasn't open world prior. Most franchises as old as Ghost Recon make changes to keep up with the times, does that make them soulless? As someone who is old enough to have played the first Ghost Recon ever when it came out I can easily say the games have changed drastically over time and what was pure inspiration and what was just seeing what's trendy is up for debate. In the end the question is how much you enjoy it, not whether an artist poured his soul into what you're enjoying, divorce intent from the actual function of the experience because creator intent is impossible to know even when they explicitly state it. Because you can't just take them at their word or be sure they know all the sub-conscious reasons for their own motives.

Reactions: Isa

vypermajik

I disagree. The game looks and feels amazing on PS4 Pro with the exception of the menus (weird slow downs). Enemy patrols were more prevalent and enemies worked better to fight me.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint Walkthrough and Tutorial (open beta on PS4 Pro)

Siri

Banned
What’s interesting here is how many people are now saying Wildlands was ‘a game with soul’. Although I personally loved Wildlands, most people (from my perspective anyhow) pretty much bashed the game to pieces when it was initially released, generally calling it ‘more Ubisoft trash’.

ne58JeB.jpg

hwQyOco.jpg

BOU3YAq.jpg

VKdzBWj.jpg

wW1Pep1.jpg

Last edited:
Tryed the beta on the X and I dunno why there's so much hate but I really like it 🤷‍♂️..puts me in the sEAL mode 💪

Atmospheric, great jungle environment and in general great looking vistas, moody feel of surviving, being hunted..solid gm overall. Day 1.

After I read your comment and went back and played it, like a SEAL, and it was prob the most satisfying tactical shooter experience i have had in recent memory. Def gonna buy now

Siri

Banned
Ultimately, the ‘demo’ pissed me off, because although I really liked what I saw, I was unable to get the game to run smoothly on my pc (RTX 2080 TI. 9900K. 3200Mhz ram. Gsync.) I tried everything, My average frame-rate was in the mid 70’s (at 3440x1440) but there was constant micro-stutter. I spent a good 4 hours trying before I finally gave up.

Afterwards, btw, I returned to AC Odyssey, and that game, on my system, is running flawlessly. I can max the game out and average 75 FPS without so much as a hitch. Zero frame time issues, constant high frames... the game, performance-wise, is a wonder.

I would’ve happily bought Breakpoint - but now I’m just leery of it.

What I might do is sign up for a month of Uplay+, and test the game. I also experienced micro-stutter in Far Cry 5, and want to see if it exists in New Dawn as well, so there’s another reason to try Uplay+. I’m really loving these subscription services.

• Thoughtful
Ultimately, the ‘demo’ pissed me off, because although I really liked what I saw, I was unable to get the game to run smoothly on my pc (RTX 2080 TI. 9900K. 3200Mhz ram. Gsync.) I tried everything, My average frame-rate was in the mid 70’s (at 3440x1440) but there was constant micro-stutter. I spent a good 4 hours trying before I finally gave up.

Afterwards, btw, I returned to AC Odyssey, and that game, on my system, is running flawlessly. I can max the game out and average 75 FPS without so much as a hitch. Zero frame time issues, constant high frames... the game, performance-wise, is a wonder.

What I might do is sign up for a month of Uplay+, and test the game. I also experienced micro-stutter in Far Cry 5, and want to see if it exists in New Dawn as well, so there’s another reason to try Uplay+. I’m really loving these subscription services.

Did you try enabling v-sync? For many this eliminates micro-stutter

thats strange. I’m running with a 8700k, 16gb ram, 2070 super at 1440p with no stutter at about 60 fps at just under ultra settings.

maybe drop all settings to low and step them up, there may be one that is causing an issue that they have to address. Or blow your drivers away with ddu.

anthraticus

Banned
After I read your comment and went back and played it, like a SEAL, and it was prob the most satisfying tactical shooter experience i have had in recent memory.
SP tactical shooters have been pretty much a dead genre for a long time now.. .so.....

And no, these games aren't part of that.

Isa

I'm looking forward to this one. I platinumed the first on PS4 and now got it to play with my best friend and solo on the X. I'd noticed even in The Division 2 how some of Wildlands had been creeping in and am not too surprised that Breakpoint is also getting some features and game design elements from its sibling. Granted I'm interested in seeing how it all plays out and trying it at launch.

E Explosive Zombie thnx for the pics, and wanted to say Sulphur Aeon is great.

Neolombax

Tried the beta on my launch day PS4, and its not a good first impression. Graphics wise, it looks somewhat blurry? In comparison, the Division 2 looked way sharper. Controls are also a bit sluggish, and the running animation bothers me...

GenericUser

I played the beta and thought the whole game would take place in this jungle environment, but then I got the helicopter and found out that this is not the case. Would have bought it for the rambo 2 /predator 1 vibes alone, but now I'll wait for a steep discount.

Top Bottom