• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier |OT| The Future Is Here... Finally

I picked this up yesterday and am enjoying the Campaign quite a bit. It feels a lot like GRAW 1 and 2 (good thing IMO). I'm looking forward to playing some more. Nice to have Ghost Recon back!

Didn't touch single player since my "uPlay Passport" code in my brand new sealed copy is invalid for some reason. I've sent a compaint through to Ubisoft support to fix it. I've got no real issue with developers trying to fight the used market to but these frickin' online passes are far from an ideal solution and, in cases like mine, do far more to drive away support.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Those new levels look sweet. I'm still waiting to pick up the main game on PC till I see a deal good enough to warrant risking any issue that they still haven't patched, but I'm definitely picking this up when I do.

jimi_dini

It's currently on sale on zavvi for 15pounds.

Could someone please tell me, if this is a bit like SOCOM? I really loved the original SOCOMs on PS2. And I also love MGS2+3. Or is it rather like CoD (which I don't like at all)?

U2NUMB

FYI if you are a Best Buy Unlocked member check out the website.. 30 dollars off coupon for this game this week bringing the cost down to 20 bucks.

Let me know if you get a refund. Steam denied my request.

Lol, I'm a bit late on the reply but here it is anyway.

I didnt fet the refund but I did get the money credited to my steam wallet and purchased Dpec ops the line.

Is there a way to run it in dx9? 10? It ran like crap on my gtx 460 yet I see people playing it on 9800gts.

So, why does this game look awful and run terribly? I heard that Ubisoft fixed the performance issues in a patch a while ago, so why is it still so awful? I have version 1.6.whatever, which I understand to be the latest patch.

I mean look at this:
Lowest settings
futuresoldierlowwouvc.jpg

Highest settings
futuresoldierhigh7au2r.jpg

It looks nothing like any of the screenshots or video I've seen. Both are so washed out and yet the gamma slider doesn't help. The ambient occlusion also seems to be broken with it being present on the environment when turned off, but when turned on it is missing from the environment but then subtly present on the grass on the left. Not to mention the abysmal frame rate; I figured my 560ti would be able to handle it at reasonable settings but I guess it's Splinter Cell Conviction all over again... but somehow much worse!

Is it an absolute mess for everyone or am I just lucky?

I just started playing this game. In the single player, how do I switch my weapon burst to single shot? I remember they used to have this option in the previous Ghostst Recons.

Edit: Found it in the weapons customizations, choose the trigger you'd like.

smik

Sorry for the bump

Looking for some Co-op Guerilla Mode players to party up with, anyone interested?

Just getting back into the swing of things, damn this game is so underappreciated

edit: i have all grfs's DLC

So, why does this game look awful and run terribly? I heard that Ubisoft fixed the performance issues in a patch a while ago, so why is it still so awful? I have version 1.6.whatever, which I understand to be the latest patch.

I mean look at this:

It looks nothing like any of the screenshots or video I've seen. Both are so washed out and yet the gamma slider doesn't help. The ambient occlusion also seems to be broken with it being present on the environment when turned off, but when turned on it is missing from the environment but then subtly present on the grass on the left. Not to mention the abysmal frame rate; I figured my 560ti would be able to handle it at reasonable settings but I guess it's Splinter Cell Conviction all over again... but somehow much worse!

Is it an absolute mess for everyone or am I just lucky?

Using DX11 my performance gets cut in half. Using a 660Ti and a i5 2500k @ 4.3GHz.
With that setup it runs at 30fps and a bit above. Using DX9 I get 60fps. Everything maxed out in both configurations that is.

Might add that I've only tried out the different settings just at the beginning so far.

Top Bottom