• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Wildlands Previews and Beta info

Jarrod38

I guess eartoday Ubisoft was giving out codes to make sure you would get a beta code but of course I was late. What is the point of a close beta if you pull this crap and make the people who signed up for email wait longer

Saw in the Ubisoft forums that a community manager did address AI awareness scaling with difficutly. "This is inaccurate. The AI are impacted by the difficulty setting." To what extent, who knows. But it is not just a damage scale setting, it does impact AI in some form.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Saw in the Ubisoft forums that a community manager did address AI awareness scaling with difficutly. "This is inaccurate. The AI are impacted by the difficulty setting." To what extent, who knows. But it is not just a damage scale setting, it does impact AI in some form.

Gucci!

UrbanRats

There's a video of a guy playing at max difficulty and enemies are blind and dumb beyond credulity.
Even if it DOES scale with difficulty, it clearly doesn't scale enough.

Tecnniqe

Banned
There's a video of a guy playing at max difficulty and enemies are blind and dumb beyond credulity.
Even if it DOES scale with difficulty, it clearly doesn't scale enough.

Beta is going to be a big deciding factor for a lot of people.

I don't think videos always convey gameplay that well but I do hope there are clever AI beyond what's been shown.

The recent videos and closed beta look like they are going to be the same build. So if it changes we won't likely see it until release or maybe open beta. There is no way they are going to get AI to a level of a full stealth game in a squad based open world game . That is a gameplay compromise. However, they should do their best to make the most challenging difficulty challenging. Right now it seems AI accuracy increases as well as decreasing your damage resistance. Increasing AI vision sensitivity would be nice.

AndyD

aka andydumi
The recent videos and closed beta look like they are going to be the same build. So if it changes we won't likely see it until release or maybe open beta. There is no way they are going to get AI to a level of a full stealth game in a squad based open world game . That is a gameplay compromise. However, they should do their best to make the most challenging difficulty challenging. Right now it seems AI accuracy increases as well as decreasing your damage resistance. Increasing AI vision sensitivity would be nice.

Increasing accuracy and decreasing player resistance is the cheapest approach to this. It's entirely artificial difficulty, as opposed to actual AI. It's a bit like the laser aim, super health, unlimited skills/grenades enemies of the Division. No real AI to speak of, instead just a bullet sponge slog.

Yep, accuracy increases always drive me crazy. The more elite the enemy the better their accuracy should be, but it is annoying when trash mobs are laser accurate. At least with wildlands the TTK will be even. We can kill them as quick as they can kill us which is not the case in Divison cause of RPG stuff.

Precision grenade spam has to be the shittiest AI shooter mechanic ever. It ruins so many games. Just put in some throwing margin of error FFS! Destiny, uncharted, Division all sniper grenade spam. Last night playing uncharted 4 I was hanging from a ledge and grenade after grenade perfectly landed right at the edge. Not a single over throw that bounced over. It feels so cheap. Nothing will ever top CoD World at War in highest difficulty. There was one part that made me stop playing that game it was such egregious spam.

The positive thing is games are slowly pulling in more refined mechanics from other genres. I don't think wildlands is going to be that game, but at some point there will be the equivalent of an open world Hitman. I love the way you can see information spread in that game. People passing one to another the info on a suspicious person. So cool.

UrbanRats

Beta is going to be a big deciding factor for a lot of people.

I don't think videos always convey gameplay that well but I do hope there are clever AI beyond what's been shown.

Yeah, i hope i get in, lol.
Well, i'm probably going to buy it even with dumb AI, just because the larger idea of the game is still appealing to me (but i also enjoyed Shadow of Mordor) i just hope it'll be a bit more than that.

Penox

Updated PC graphics..

dKScHMa.png

jesu

Looking forward to the beta but it's going to have to be great for me to buy it any time soon.
I still got Farcry 4. Mad Max and that lord of the rings game in my backlog to get through when it comes to these kind of open world games.
(and a few Assassins Creeds!)

DeaDPo0L84

I was really hoping this might be somewhat close to a SOCOM experience but after watching some videos nope. The search continues on consoles for a true tactical tps.

Lifeline

Played the beta on PS4 today, and I found it pretty disappointing. It feels like a mix of the vast barren open world of Just Cause and the story/mission structure of Far Cry 3/4.

As soon the first cutscene showed the cartel hierarchy of each area, and sent you out on a mission to start working your way up the list, it just felt so familiar. I feel like by now someone must have an idea of how to do an open world game in a new and original way.

Vuze

Updated PC graphics..

dKScHMa.png
Man, I also wanna play the demo :(
Looks great for an open world game but I can't help but feel this screenshot has been downsampled too hard (probably not judging by the aliasing) or there is some sharpening effect on.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Man, I also wanna play the demo :(
Looks great for an open world game but I can't help but feel this screenshot has been downsampled too hard (probably not judging by the aliasing) or there is some sharpening effect on.

Probably sharpening.
+ its 1600x900 so certainly DSR would help too.

Jackpot

Banned
Can anyone who gets into the beta supplement this list of weapons?

P45T
M1911
5.7 USG
P12
P227
Beretta M9
Desert Eagle

Serbu
Spas 12
Saiga-12

Mac-11
Vz 61
PP19
MP5 MLI
Kriss Vector
P90 TR
MP7
C1 Stirling
KAC-PDW
PP-19-01 Vityaz-SN
MPX
POF PSG

Famas G2
M4A1 SOPMOD
P416
SIG556xi
AK12
SR3M
SCAR-H
AUG A3
CZ 805 A2
L85A2
Remington R5 RGP

Stoner A1
MG121
M249
Mk48
Type 95
6P41 Pecheneg

M40A5
HTI
SVD
Mk14
Mosin–Nagant M1891
SR-25
G28
SRSA1
L115A3
MSR

Ramenman

1600x900 image is not fair judgement but its better than the PS4 gameplay videos.

Also really not doing the game justice because this shot is pretty much only foreground looking at dirt, and background is so far away and foggy it could just as well be a skybox.

What's crazy imo in this game are the draw distance and the vistas, how expansive the world is and how much you can see of it, that would be the very real and tangible difference with Far Cry, that shot doesn't show this.

for example when the guy jumps out in parachute at around 3:06 in this vid https://youtu.be/vmuPlWdDB9c?t=3m6s

I think it's pretty crazy, and it seems this was just the PS4 version going by other press event footage.
That's what I'd want to see if anyone was gonna leak a PC shot.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Also really not doing the game justice because this shot is pretty much only foreground looking at dirt, and background is so far away and foggy it could just as well be a skybox.

What's crazy imo in this game are the draw distance and the vistas, how expansive the world is and how much you can see of it, that would be the very real and tangible difference with Far Cry, that shot doesn't show this.

for example when the guy jumps out in parachute at around 3:06 in this vid https://youtu.be/vmuPlWdDB9c?t=3m6s

I think it's pretty crazy, and it seems this was just the PS4 version going by other press event footage.
That's what I'd want to see if anyone was gonna leak a PC shot.
Its not a bad looker for sure.
Links to both?

Its not the same guy who posted the image leak, i think, but the information might have gotten around, anyway: https://www.reddit.com/r/Wildlands/comments/5q8mmt/ghost_recon_wildlands_weapons_list/

as for the image;
its the one above, 1600x900 posted in Discord.
Same guy talked about datamining the closed beta build he have.

Where's my G36c? :(

HK G36C is supposed to be there

Skyzard

Banned
Tried to register for this for a few days but I just get connection lost when trying to login at the signup page :S

-worked when i googled it instead of using the uplay popup link that appeared after playing for honor.

Top Bottom