• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Wildlands Previews and Beta info

When are the codes meant to be sent out through email? I registered interest for PS4 ages ago, haven't heard a thing yet. I know preload is 1st but would assume I'd of heard by now or received a code.

Samikaze

When are the codes meant to be sent out through email? I registered interest for PS4 ages ago, haven't heard a thing yet. I know preload is 1st but would assume I'd of heard by now or received a code.

Same here.
I've been tracking this relentlessly, and so far I haven't seen anyone with a code yet.
I'm assuming tomorrow or Tuesday will be when they send out their codes.

Tecnniqe

Banned
People are saying codes go out on or before the 1st. Expect them in the coming days.

Beta page also states everyone will get friend invites, even the guaranteed codes.

Time will tell tho.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This.

If I wanted PvP I'd be booting up R6 Siege anyway, Wildlands is going to be all about the Co-op mode for me and my friends.

R6 and GR were always fundamentally different game styles in MP back in the day though.

One wasn't exactly a substitute for the other unless you wanted to play training map with infinite respawns to make GR some poor facsimile of R6.

I also feel like GRAW era players care more about co-op than og GR players.

TheMan

started watching gameplay vids today out of the blue.

looks like a squad based just cause; this could fill in the gap left by the actual just cause 3. strong mercenaries (xbox) vibes.

they had my curiosity...but now they have my attention

Tecnniqe

Banned
started watching gameplay vids today out of the blue.

looks like a squad based just cause; this could fill in the gap left by the actual just cause 3. strong mercenaries (xbox) vibes.

they had my curiosity...but now they have my attention
It's like a coop Far Cry mission system with some JC tendencies in the world of Mercenaries :p

DrBo42

I keep thinking they spent so much time with the world as the focus they forgot to make a compelling game. It tries to incorporate so much it just looks bland or generic in its gameplay systems. Nothing terrible or bad but just fully functional and existing rather than having a focus other than the backdrop and "you can do coop".

Pandy

R6 and GR were always fundamentally different game styles in MP back in the day though.

One wasn't exactly a substitute for the other unless you wanted to play training map with infinite respawns to make GR some poor facsimile of R6.

I also feel like GRAW era players care more about co-op than og GR players.

That's probably a fair point. I've been with R6 since the beginning, when it was all about co-op, so only made the transition to GR with GRAW.

Once the first few people on GAF report codes coming in, we should def put up a code begging thread. With 3 additional codes being handed out for every invite, I suspect there will be loads extra.

I at least have better odds with all four of my friends signing up and only one of us needing to get in. Really want to play it and for it to be half as fun as it looks.

Adnor

Banned
Yeah, I hope there's a code thread, because I really want to try the beta, the game looks awesome.

If I get into the beta I will share a code too, obviously ;)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Really? If that's true I have no idea how to hotlink it properly. At least on mobile.

Got 2 requests already tho so idk.
Idk... maybe it's my browser redirecting or something. Carry on.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Looks like the page is only active for those with closed beta access and I'm guessing all current members of the Task Force have used guaranteed access codes.
You get codes early? Sorry if dumb question.

MaxiLive

Ah okay, thanks :) Any word on how we get the code? just looks like a normal webpage to me.

Probably once it goes live and you are logged into the site it will have a "get key button" that will generate a key for you. It isn't live for another hour or so yet though.

No way I just found out that I won't get a guaranteed beta key from my amazon pre-order last summer.. That sucks, I hope get a key from Ubi before it starts.

Is this actually a thing with keys?

For Honour beta just appeared in my games library?

edit : how has Tecnniqe played for nearly 3 hours already?

Top Bottom