• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Wildlands Previews and Beta info

DrBo42

So I had previously signed up for the beta for PS4 on the off-chance that I'd actually get selected (I never do), and when I tried to redeem the code that I got for a PC copy, it said:

'You are already registered on PS4 with the following email. We will contact you via email if you are selected for our future beta phases.'

So I can't even have assuredly get into the beta DESPITE having a guaranteed access code.

Jesus Christ.

Create another ubi account for the PC code.

SJRB

Gold Member
Anyone in EU territory get their code mail yet?

Website says "congratulations, you're selected" but I can't find the actual code anywhere, I guess it's mail-only and they simply haven't been sent yet.

Oh? Did I miss out? Dammit! If anyone has a spare one, I would love it!

Can someone explain how that webpage worked in retrospect? Was a code just meant to come up? Kept getting a time given to wait and try again.

renzolama

I haven't even been able to login to the ghost recon ubisoft side to register for the beta since I started trying last week. It just dumps me back to the "Log In" page after it finishes going through the login process with my credentials. If I attempt to reset password it does the same thing when I attempt to enter in my new password. The ubisoft site is just borked for me in general over the past couple weeks.

So I had previously signed up for the beta for PS4 on the off-chance that I'd actually get selected (I never do), and when I tried to redeem the code that I got for a PC copy, it said:

'You are already registered on PS4 with the following email. We will contact you via email if you are selected for our future beta phases.'

So I can't even have assuredly get into the beta DESPITE having a guaranteed access code.

Jesus Christ.

Check your uPlay account on PC. Lot of people in the key begging thread saying shit just showed up in their uPlay library after getting approved, without entering a code.

Penox

INTRODUCING GHOST RECON NETWORK AND GHOST RECON HQ
http://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wild...ducing-ghost-recon-network-and-ghost-recon-hq

Actual site
http://www.ghostreconnetwork.com/

Currently down for maintenance though.

The Ghost Recon Network and Ghost Recon HQ are available for free during the Closed Beta period, and all your progress and achievements will be kept with your profile when the final game launches. For more information about the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands closed beta, visit the official portal.

PC / iOS / Android

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Any word on AI?

Do they have to communicate your position; do they all know your whole team's position when alerted; can they lose your position; does visibility affect their aim and/or alertness; etc?

I just remember terrorist hunt in GR2 (the beginning of the end of OG Recon) that the enemy could hit you in the pitch dark even if you were prone in the grass -- magical aim and awareness -- that continued through many of the following games. Just wondering if they finally addressed this. Allowing you to break line of sight, and set up timing-based flanks (because one contact doesn't suddenly reveal your whole squad's positioning).

This is the kind of stuff I've been harping on all these years... not the camera change to OTSV, or any of the superficial stuff, but the actual combat engagements. Because future solider, gunsmith, open world is all just fluff if the enemy can return accurate, omniscient fire on your squad in the pitch black, rainy jungle, while you're prone in the weeds wearing NVGs.

Tecnniqe

Banned
INTRODUCING GHOST RECON NETWORK AND GHOST RECON HQ
http://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wild...ducing-ghost-recon-network-and-ghost-recon-hq

Actual site
http://www.ghostreconnetwork.com/

Currently down for maintenance though.

News_1061x628-3_282987.jpg

SAT VIEW HELL YEAH

News_1061x628-2_282986.jpg

CUSTOMIZE REBELS HELL YEAH

GHound

Does sending an invitation for PS4 generate a code that can be given to someone else on that account? Might use alt accounts if that's the case because it's a wonder my friends were able to set up their PSN accounts.

Jharp

Is anyone else getting a screen that just says "Technical Test is closed. Thank you for your participation!"

It plays the video with the producer, then the ubisoft logo, then asks me for my language and pops up the info screen to either pre order the game or play the beta, and when I hit play the beta, it kicks me to a screen that just shows the game logo and says the technical test is closed.

What?

EDIT: PS4

drotahorror

From what I've seen there's not really any sort of physics applied to objects you shoot in the game are there? Like rocks being chipped off, wooden walls, etc? I kind of just feel like these sort of physics make the gunplay very satisfying and without them, it just doesn't feel right anymore.

I guess Max Payne 3 and Uncharted 4 spoiled me. (I know they're linear, no need to point it out)

Is anyone else getting a screen that just says "Technical Test is closed. Thank you for your participation!"

It plays the video with the producer, then the ubisoft logo, then asks me for my language and pops up the info screen to either pre order the game or play the beta, and when I hit play the beta, it kicks me to a screen that just shows the game logo and says the technical test is closed.

What?

EDIT: PS4

Obviously you're getting a message from an earlier test. The beta you're signed up for hasn't started yet.

Jharp

From what I've seen there's not really any sort of physics applied to objects you shoot in the game are there? Like rocks being chipped off, wooden walls, etc? I kind of just feel like these sort of physics make the gunplay very satisfying and without them, it just doesn't feel right anymore.

I guess Max Payne 3 and Uncharted 4 spoiled me. (I know they're linear, no need to point it out)

Obviously you're getting a message from an earlier test. The beta you're signed up for hasn't started yet.

I didn't realize the Beta hadn't started yet >_>

Bahlor

I cant find the Invite Friends tab on my phone? It wont appear

There is a dropdown above the News-header that replaces the tab-menu on mobile devices. (Also invites are only possible for people that got their invite from ubi and not from another user)

noomi

Might not be the right thread to ask... but anyone know if it's possible to shoot in 3rd person mode? Does it always have to go into 1st person?

ajanke

Superbowl weekend, great choice for a closed beta.

ugh I know. Got plans Friday night, cant stay up late bc I have to be up early Saturday, date sat night, then superbowl sunday. Have no idea when I'll find time to squeeze it in.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Just a heads up. The For Honor beta was live at least a half-hour before it was scheduled. Might not be the same here, but if you're already up, no harm checking.

DrBo42

I hated that trailer, haha. One, snipers don't use laser sights. Two, angle he has wouldn't support where the laser is going. Three, 3 kills within what, 3 seconds at range with what appears to be bolt action?

Hell, military snipers don't even aim for the head if you want to be even more technical. They shoot just above the clavicle. It's police snipers that aim for the head in a hostage situation or specific parts like a weapon in hand.

Top Bottom