• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Ghostbusters' reboot starts filming in Boston this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, every time I see different pictures from the set I get more and more excited! The proton packs look different enough from the original design, but similar enough to say "yep, that's a proton pack!" And I feel like the jumpsuits look like surplus of some kind (or stolen from work), which makes perfect sense to me. Definitely seeing 'firefighter' in there.

It's gonna be fun making those proton packs :)

Shaanyboi

Banned
Proton pack photos are out there.

ghostbusters.jpg

They look pretty lousy.
They look slapped together in a prototype fashion, kind of like what the originals maybe should've looked like at the start before they got all cleaned up.

Holy crap I REALLY like that proton pack.

They look slapped together in a prototype fashion, kind of like what the originals maybe should've looked like at the start before they got all cleaned up.

It's weird and you're probably 100% right because Feig had previously said (which bummed the fuck out of me) that this time their gear was going to be sleek and high-tech.

So either this is like a prototype and they upgrade during the film or he changed his mind and decided to keep them looking like garage kit.

the orange stripes make a lot more sense (to me) when seen on a person, on the wardrobe shots the lower section was hidden, is theer some high vis reflective tape going on there too?

I kinda like it.

They don't seem feminine at all to me, considering that ladies are told all the time not to wear horizontal stripes since they're not slimming. Those suits are 100% off-brand firefighter.

All they need to be is functional.

I don't like the stripes though. Original suits are better.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
They don't seem feminine at all to me, considering that ladies are told all the time not to wear horizontal stripes since they're not slimming. Those suits are 100% off-brand firefighter.
They should have added a different color/material to the middle band between the orange stripes. It looks incomplete.

Okay for real, the original was largely not shot in New York either. It was shot in Los Angeles. Most movies are not shot where they are set.

This level of vitriol based solely on the shooting location is hilariously whiny.
People have been looking for reasons to hate on this movie since it was announced.

Pokemaniac

Is this why there was something that looked like a giant net stretched between buildings down the street from South Station last Friday, or was that unrelated?

FyreWulff

I'll be honest, my first assumption when seeing the firefighter stripes was to make modern Ghostbusters outfits more compatible with trick-or-treating for kids..

wetwired

It wouldn't surprise me if these suits and proton packs are the prototypes they use early on before upgrading to new ones for the climax of the film. I wouldn't mind them really if they were the only ones though, it just seems strange to be giving away all these reveals so early on.

wetwired

I think that's kind of the point, to proclaim this is a Ghostbusters for little girls to admire, only to sexualise them would be counter productive.

Bizazedo

I'll be honest, my first assumption when seeing the firefighter stripes was to make modern Ghostbusters outfits more compatible with trick-or-treating for kids..

Reading this, this point is going to dominate my thoughts. Off-brand firefighter stuff makes sense, but so does this. Best of both worlds.

Still reserving thoughts on this until I see a trailer or the movie. People are being a bit too hateful *AND* a bit too defensive.

KalBalboa

Banned
This movie grows on me more and more each day. The packs and uniforms work for me now.

A buddy of mine is playing an EMT in it, turns out.

big ander

Oh hell yes: Neil Casey, who is one of the stars of Feig's Other Space, a writer/actor on Inside Amy Schumer and Kroll Show, and a great improvisor, is playing the villain. He's the kind of performer with huge potential that hasn't had a breakout I would've liked to see in the protagonists, this makes up for that in part. EDIT: He was the accountant on Broad City too.

NimbusD

Oh hell yes: Neil Casey, who is one of the stars of Feig's Other Space, a writer/actor on Inside Amy Schumer and Kroll Show, and a great improvisor, is playing the villain. He's the kind of performer with huge potential that hasn't had a breakout I would've liked to see in the protagonists, this makes up for that in part.

This is amazing news. I haven't seen other space yet, but as someone who's hung around the NYC comedy scene for a fair while and has seen him perform on stage maybe hundreds of times, I'm so god damn excited. People are really in for a treat when this movie comes out.

EDIT: Here's a random great sketch that he's featured in for people who don't know him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aRIuObUQNM

I had a dream about Kristen Wiig last night. We were walking in a mall, and she had her head on my shoulder. I told her I needed a ride home, and drove me home in her awesome 60s style white dodge or ford truck.

I woke up sad. Like, I was really emotionally heartbroken or something the moment I woke up. :-/

Mariolee

I had a dream about Kristen Wiig last night. We were walking in a mall, and she had her head on my shoulder. I told her I needed a ride home, and drove me home in her awesome 60s style white dodge or ford truck.

I woke up sad. Like, I was really emotionally heartbroken or something the moment I woke up. :-/

I have dreams like that all the time with the most random celebrities. Then I wake up and am immensely sad. They're not even romantic dreams either. I'm friendzoned in all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom