• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GHOSTBUSTERS: The Video Game Remastered |OT| Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown!

It happens on Steam and GoG too. New version of a game comes out, the old version gets delisted. You should still be able to play your older original copy though.

Truth be told, on Steam more often than not you can buy the old version if you can get the direct link to its purchase page through say a google search. Case in point, Skyrim. You cant find the regular version of the game if you access the steam store and look for it, only the remaster. But on the discussion board of the remaster steam page there was a topic with the link to the original. I bought it that way.

BizarroPete

From what I've played, this is a straight port.
Cutscenes are a mix bag, theres FMV and Real-time Cutscenes which are great, and then there is Real-time Video that mask loading which don't look good.
Still the game is fun and has that Ghostbusters Charm, I'm not too sure why people said this was like a 3rd movie, seem more CG version of The Real Ghostbusters with the Real Ghostbusters lol.

In an interview Dan Aykroyd said he considered it the third movie:
"I'd want to see the third movie made. I think [the video game] is the third movie and if everything is creative and right, and this game helps get the third movie made... We have a good concept there"

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
In an interview Dan Aykroyd said he considered it the third movie:
"I'd want to see the third movie made. I think [the video game] is the third movie and if everything is creative and right, and this game helps get the third movie made... We have a good concept there"

I suppose at the time, yeah it was
But funny enough it does have more in common with the Cartoon rather then the film, if ya know what I mean.

Last edited:
Funny memories of the original game being a PS3 exclusive because it supposedly couldn't run on a 360, only for the exclusivity to be canned and it end up running better on the 360 at a a higher resolution :lollipop_baby_angel:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Funny memories of the original game being a PS3 exclusive because it supposedly couldn't run on a 360, only for the exclusivity to be canned and it end up running better on the 360 at a a higher resolution :lollipop_baby_angel:
Yeah, kinda embarrassing for developers.
I never known a game that has had the console maker fix the game for the developers.
Not sure about the texture quality, but performance & resolution matched 360's with the Patch.

Edit: they fixed Bayonetta's loading and performance too.

sol_bad

Truth be told, on Steam more often than not you can buy the old version if you can get the direct link to its purchase page through say a google search. Case in point, Skyrim. You cant find the regular version of the game if you access the steam store and look for it, only the remaster. But on the discussion board of the remaster steam page there was a topic with the link to the original. I bought it that way.

That's really handy, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
My PS4 copy has just come through the letterbox. Never gave it much of a chance on PS3.

VulcanRaven

Did they really say that was the reason? It was timed exclusive only in Europe if I remember right. I was pissed when I heard about it because I had Xbox 360.

From what I've played, this is a straight port.
Cutscenes are a mix bag, theres FMV and Real-time Cutscenes which are great, and then there is Real-time Video that mask loading which don't look good.
Still the game is fun and has that Ghostbusters Charm, I'm not too sure why people said this was like a 3rd movie, seem more CG version of The Real Ghostbusters with the Real Ghostbusters lol.
They did release more cartoony version on Wii, PS2 and PSP:

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

With the next instalment on the horizon for the film, I wonder if we'll see a game to go with it too

One of the first games I imported for the Xbox 360 since it was a timed exclusive to PS3 in Europe. Fantastic game. Will pick it up on when it goes on sale.

Wasn't the real reason for marketing purpose to promote the 25th anniversary on the BluRay? In Europe anyway.

TheUsual

Gold Member
I already own this on PC, what's the difference with the remaster? Other than it being on the Sweeney store.
Think the PC version will have easier time running on modern machines. Remastered cut scenes in 4k per their advertising.
Missed this before the original was pulled from Steam so I'll get it. I bought the Amazon original PC non-Steam version but it never worked on my Windows 10 PC. The amazon comments give tips to try to fix it, but the fixes don't work 100% of the time.

Last edited:

raduque

I already own this on PC, what's the difference with the remaster? Other than it being on the Sweeney store.
Hopefully, higher resolution textures and more stable framerates.

Performance on the original Steam release absolutely sucked. Core2Duo couldn't handle the physics (and GTX460 couldn't really handle the gfx) so I stopped playing about half-way thru, and finished it on my mobile Core i7 47xxHQ w/GTX970m years later. The last few levels were a chore with sub 25FPS on medium settings at 1080p.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I’ve got this right next to me, Xbox, but still utterly clueless as to what they have changed or added othan very vague bits of info that could mean anything these days. “Remastered”? Yeah that means nothing anymore. “4k”? Yeah but is it.

I have no clue...

The box is so bare bones as well, it’s like they got the intern to make the back of it. It’s never a good sign when half the box is black and has a stuck on barcode :(

nkPXti0.jpg

I’ll get to it this weekend after I finish up Spiderman (yeah, I’m way LTTP on that one)

Last edited:

The Snake

I’ve got this right next to me, Xbox, but still utterly clueless as to what they have changed or added othan very vague bits of info that could mean anything these days. “Remastered”? Yeah that means nothing anymore. “4k”? Yeah but is it.

I have no clue...

The box is so bare bones as well, it’s like they got the intern to make the back of it. It’s never a good sign when half the box is black and has a stuck on barcode :(

nkPXti0.jpg

I’ll get to it this weekend after I finish up Spiderman (yeah, I’m way LTTP on that one)

I think anybody expecting this to be anything but a simple port are deluding themselves. Maybe they ran the textures through a filter or something, but I strongly doubt any big effort went into this.

VulcanRaven

I think anybody expecting this to be anything but a simple port are deluding themselves. Maybe they ran the textures through a filter or something, but I strongly doubt any big effort went into this.
I wish they wouldn't if call it a remaster if it isn't one. Capcom relased Resident Evil 5 and 6 on PS4 and they didn't call them remasters.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Yeah to me the concept of a remaster would be a fresh pass over everything, not just a resolution upgrade, but then a LOT of games are guilty of doing this :(

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I liked the Wii version a lot, shame it isn't in here too.

Last edited:

SpoopySpeedster

Neo Member
We don't get many movies games anymore so not likely. Would be great though.

After the period where nearly every movie got a half baked, mostly unprofitable video game, it seems movie video games were just blacklisted altogether

Instead of fixing what's wrong, they've given up and abandoned the endeavor. It's sad, really sad, but that's how like everything goes now. Hopefully some brave souls will redeem the genre someday

HotPocket69

Banned
Framerate is fantastic on PS4 Pro. Don’t care if it’s just an upres. I’ve never played it and it’s been a blast so far. The sound design and music is on point.

Impotaku

Playing it on regular PS4, it's pretty buggy & rough around the edges. I have had cutscenes stuttering badly like they are been streamed off the disk then the game totally crashing and me having to reboot my console, jerky movement in same cutscenes, totally black screen in cutscenes. Hell even the cars at the game select screen judder along im pretty sure when i played the X360 they never used to do that.

Can't say the graphics have been touched that much as the textures in some places look amost 16 bit in pixel quality, yet despite all that i'm still having fun with it. Could do with a few patches to fix all this buggy crap though.

RPGCrazied

Digital Foundry needs to be all over this. I want to get, but want to see what version is the best. I'm hoping PS4 Pro can deliver a solid framerate. Is it 4k?

Hostile_18

Banned
Men have been taking this advice to heart for years but for our women gaffers DO NOT CROSS THE STREAMS (under any circumstances).

MilkyJoe

Well I didn't buy it the first time. I guess I can wait a couple months for a sale then.

It's not a bad game, the price is reasonable, but if you already own it then wait for games with gold, it looks exactly the same as the 360 version.

drganon

I'll probably get this eventually. Just add it to my ever increasing backlog of games I need to play. :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Lokimaru

Did they really say that was the reason? It was timed exclusive only in Europe if I remember right. I was pissed when I heard about it because I had Xbox 360.

They did release more cartoony version on Wii, PS2 and PSP:

Had they used the Real Ghostbusters Look and Cast I would have gladly double dipped.
ed901532025671572185dbe40ce6c8a3

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I’m starting this today on X, retail copy. Finally.

And good lord... this Is the very definition of barebones. The glitches are everywhere, the very first real time cutscene and Venkman is shaking all over the place! The brightness levels are appalling and making me OLED cry, either it’s so dark I can’t see, or it’s so bright the blacks become grey.

They changed ONE thing and that’s adding “in memory of” and even that just appears randomly with no real fade or anything.

I haven’t seen anything this barebones in a very long time...

oh and the person who said it makes their X scream? Bang on. My X fan is going insane, and it’s never done this on anything ever before. This is launch PS4 Pro territory.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Got a very odd glitch... I’ve got several
achievements, all of which popped up on my phone and watch (Xbox app installed), and when I look at my profile, they are there.

But they aren’t there on my Xbox dashboard when I view achievements. It still says 0%. Ive never had this? I’ve had it the other way around where I’ve h locked stuff but it hasn’t popped, but never had it pop without actually unlocking.

Man I hope next time MS make sure the achievements are all done locally rather than this online shite, I hate this compared to the 360 days...

Top Bottom