• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostrunner | Mirror's Edge meets Cyberpunk

TeamGhobad

Banned

Parkour through a cyberpunk setting, and one hit kill enemies along the way, here's the catch they one hit kill you as well.

ghostrunner.jpg

ss_8f6b985f8568ccca30ddfe28b9b26fcf4468eaa5.1920x1080.jpg

Life

Will probably lack in exploration/NPCs/equipment/story. Seems very "on-rails." Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Havoc2049

Looks really cool. I bet the competition on the high score boards will be intense. The gameplay reminds me of the mobile version of Mirror’s Edge, except in first person. The sword play and the way the character holds the sword reminds me of the old school Dreamcast cyberpunk FPS, Maken X.

Paasei

I hope the mechanics become more advanced as well instead of just the area's around you having more obstacle. Just timing to jump/grapple around and slice enemies with 1 basic attack doesn't look too interesting will wear me out rather quickly. The setting is cool, though.

xrnzaaas

Looks okay and I'm glad they're not trying to do a fully open world. It was one of the reasons I didn't like ME Catalyst that much. I don't mind more open areas during missions, but nothing more beyond that.

Looks like it has potential but the melee combat doesn't look good. The melee needs some kind of autotracking when you get close enough, you move way too fast to not have it.

stranno

Do you guys remember Purge? It was a little prototype launched a few years after Mirror's Edge. It was interesting but devs didnt go any further.

Ascend

I hate that basically every first person game that has even a hint of wall running gets compared to Mirror's Edge.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Looks like it might be fun. The sound effects (at least when attacking and the damage sound) seem really off though.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Looks more like Titanfall with that movement and I absolutely hated those sections and to avoid bullets while I am on these platforms. I don think so...

b0uncyfr0

That soundtrack though - plus a demo! In 2020!

Nice job developers! If I like what I play and the story is decent, its a day one for me.

Last edited:
The sounds/music are pretty nice in the demo. Pretty nice visuals, plays well.

I have no idea how much content they are aiming for or what kind of game it really is in the long run but if it is priced accordingly then the demo has me sold .

Top Bottom