• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostwire: Tokyo Delayed to early 2022

Riky

$MSFT
Don’t forget that both games comes day 1 to PC, and will very likely be better there, plus will arrive on Xbox too later. There is nothing good coming from throwing them under the bus.

Hopefully they are Play Anywhere so I can buy the PC versions day one and get the Series versions for free later.

reksveks

Hopefully they are Play Anywhere so I can buy the PC versions day one and get the Series versions for free later.
I fear that it won't be the case sadly. I don't know how quickly they would be able to introduce the xbox hooks/api's into the game. I think the series version might be the better way to futureproof your save file.

yurinka

Also, the current tense of protecting employees now that everyone can get the vaccine, is pretty weak for an excuse.
Yuzo Koshiro said the other day that he's still waiting to get his vaccine. If they are doing it in Japan by age as in many other countries where the state pays the vaccine, he must be way older than anyone at Tango. So it's pretty likely that none of the Tango employees are still vaccined.

I cannot say your suspicions are wrong, but I tend to doubt that Sony had reason to include any clauses about not delaying games when the deal was done. Back then the dev / pub probably had the same incentive as Sony to launch, possibly more incentive.
At least when a publisher signs with a dev, they don't pay them the full budget of the game at the start. They payments are fractioned and done if they reach certain milestones in time. They often have pretty abusive clauses where they have right to kick out the dev out of the project and move it to another studio if not reaching the quality or not delivering on time.

So I think that the big exclusivity deals may not reach this level but should be somewhat similar: maybe the payments are split into milestones and if they don't reach some of them on time Sony don't pay them. Big exclusives have an important role in their console line-up and marketing & PR strategy and are pretty expensive for them, so they must have something to keep their ass safe.

Have they ever shown gameplay off? Or just that one trailer with the eccentric lady on stage that everyone fell in love with :p lol
Yes, I think they released one or two gameplay videos more after the announcement. Btw, the lady left the company while ago.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned

This feels so deceivingly edited, just to make it look better than it actually is. The combat was kind of slow paced. There´s always just 1 opponent waving, doing martial arts stuff ...

I never understood the appeal behind this game. Apparently there are people living in the city, driving around but during fights, everything is barren.

Snw7euT.png

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Theres a reason that japanese chick left the company right in the middle of things besides getting pregnant. This has a very troubling development and this delay just proves it even further.

xrnzaaas

I still remember being disappointed when they revealed how the gameplay is going to look like, before that I was hoping for a survival horror in a new setting.

Last edited:

gamer82

I always thought this would be a good vr game, I expect it may have content downline for vr2 . my endless backlog of games and I feel bad I have hardly used my ps5 since launch . I need to get a shift on and stop buying more titles.

Lognor

Banned
This game is exclusive to PS5 for one year, right? It looks pretty cool. The wait for this will be a lot harder than Deathloop.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Reveal trailer looked really cool. Looking forward to it.

High hopes. Evil Within 1 is probably my favourite game from last-gen.
Is it really that good? I tried it on PC for a little bit and didn't get very far, might need to give it another chance.

anthony2690

Banned
Wonder if ghost wire Tokyo was delayed to launch alongside psvr2, lots of people keep saying it looks like it would make a good vr game, whilst I would prefer to be a normal game myself.

But if it is both, it could be a good showpiece game for psvr2 as visually it looks pretty good imo.

CitizenZ

Banned
I really Love Arkane and Tango but both seem to have built and presented games that people are still asking, what is it?

tommib

Reveal trailer looked really cool. Looking forward to it.

Is it really that good? I tried it on PC for a little bit and didn't get very far, might need to give it another chance.
I’m a horror geek and a RE4 nut. Game is hyper violent and surreal. If you like Nightmare on Elm Street you’ll love it. One of the most difficult trophies I over got for the hardest mode. Finished it like 4 times between PC, PS3 and PS4. Totally my thing but I know it’s very divisive.

I’m a horror geek and a RE4 nut. Game is hyper violent and surreal. If you like Nightmare on Elm Street you’ll love it. One of the most difficult trophies I over got for the hardest mode. Finished it like 4 times between PC, PS3 and PS4. Totally my thing but I know it’s very divisive.
Akuma mode you basically had to memorize where every enemy is and be be prepared with the right weapons and bullets. It was insane.

I have fond memories of the game. I was first in the world to get all the collectibles trophy and 3rd or 2nd in world for platinum. God it felt good.

Last edited:

Arachnid

I still remember being disappointed when they revealed how the gameplay is going to look like, before that I was hoping for a survival horror in a new setting.
Same. Now I just want this game to release and fail so they can get back to The Evil Within. The gameplay looks genuinely lame in that trailer.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Kinda doubt this game sells well outside of Japan.

But I guess it doesn‘t matter anyway anymore. With MS at helm now Tango should be in safe hands, even if it fails.

I would have bought this game day one. But I feel burned from Deathloops tragic AI. That pathetic AI now sticks out in every game I play now.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It would appear that Ghostwire Tokyo may have had its official release date revealed, as its PSN page has suddenly been updated with a March 24 release date! Check out our screencap of the page below, and see for yourself if this is when this game from Tango Gameworks is indeed releasing this March.

ghostwire tokyo release date

unknown.png

Top Bottom