• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI New Cover - Rainbow 6 Patriots

V_Ben

Banned
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/11/03/december-cover-revealed-rainbow-6-patriots.aspx

Ubisoft's tactical shooter series is back with bold new narrative direction.

The December issue of Game Informer features 12 exclusive pages of coverage detailing Rainbow 6 Patriots, the controversial new entry in the Tom Clancy series that places gamers in the shoes of Team Rainbow, a homegrown terrorist uprising, and the civilians caught in the crossfire. This new terrorist threat, called the True Patriots, hopes to restore its interpretation of American values by beheading corporate America and overthrowing the government. As a member of a new Team Rainbow cast, players must ask themselves how far they are willing to go to stop the militia.

“Terrorism has evolved, and so has Rainbow 6," said creative director David Sears. "In Rainbow 6 Patriots, all the team play, tactics, and realism that fans of the series love have been coupled with an exciting new narrative direction. This adds an unprecedented level of humanity that will make Rainbow 6 Patriots an extremely tense and immersive experience.”

In addition to an in-depth look at the campaign, the cover story also explores the new tactical improvements being injected into the old Rainbow formula and addresses how developer Ubisoft Montreal hopes to recapture the multiplayer crown from Call of Duty and Battlefield.

R6PCover1_610.jpg

R6PCover2_610.jpg

2013 Release. Yep.

omgkitty

2013? I thought there was supposed to be a new Rainbow Six game sometime soon...did they scrap it or what?

Edit: Nevermind. I was thinking of Ghost Recon: Future Soldiers which comes out early next year.

FGMPR

Banned
It sounds like a pile of shit. Devs: If you want to be "radical", then do it within the context of the game, not as a game trying to be a movie.

Daeda

This new terrorist threat, called the True Patriots, hopes to restore its interpretation of American values by beheading corporate America and overthrowing the government.

That isnt terrorism, thats the Revolution!

so.. another one of these?!? how many more m14s and mp5s do i have to shoot?

please for the love of all that's holy! someone make something original.

FGMPR

Banned
JetBlackPanda said:
so.. another one of these?!? how many more m14 and mp5s do i have to shoot?

please for the love of all that's holy! someone make something original.

You ain't killing CoD with originality!

Apdiddy

Great, a game about the OWS and Tea Party movements....except you mow them down with guns!

I kinda have a feeling this will have the same reaction as Homefront did: controversial storyline but mostly forgettable gameplay.

Elginer

AiTM said:

Gets me every damn time. Also we have another developer trying to gun after CoD, excellent so I can expect another franchise I love being packed with Michael Bay cutscenes. Dammit game industry!!!

Orayn

Very excited for this one! Even if it's similar to Vegas and Vegas 2, it would still be head and shoulders above most shooters out there.

Derrick01

Banned
omg.kittens said:
Oh snap.

Tea Party, watch out.

Tea Party loves corporations, if anything this seems like a shot to the occupy movement but probably just a coincidence since this game's likely been in the works for a long time.

zomaha

This new terrorist threat, called the True Patriots, hopes to restore its interpretation of American values by beheading corporate America and overthrowing the government.

I'm curious what these values could be if they're destroying Corporate America and the government. Those two seem to be on opposite sides.

This new terrorist threat, called the True Patriots, hopes to restore its interpretation of American values by beheading corporate America and overthrowing the government. As a member of a new Team Rainbow cast, players must ask themselves how far they are willing to go to stop the militia.

Oh boy, here we go. I love Rainbow Six. What I don't love is giving the right more reasons to demonize video games.

zomaha said:
I'm curious what these values could be if they're destroying Corporate America and the government. Those two seem to be on opposite sides.

Lol.

*sigh*

Tactics? Mission planning? What is up with their silly armor? Bleh

Ubisoft PR said:
In Rainbow 6 Patriots, all the team play, tactics, and realism that fans of the series love have been coupled with an exciting new narrative direction

Believe.

TheOddOne

Zenith said:
They're trying to make us sympathetic to the big bankers and demonise the 99%ers? Not sure I can stomach that. I had enough trouble destroying evidence of US involvment in Mexico so the EU couldn't force them to respect their sovereignty in GRAW2.
David Cage game philosophy is infecting the game industry.

domlolz

Banned
Daeda said:
That isnt terrorism, thats the Revolution!

so basically you are playing the anti-revolutionaries trying to stymie the peoples will, urgh, this isn't for me!

haha this must be a joke

Barrett2

Team Rainbow, a homegrown terrorist uprising, and the civilians caught in the crossfire. This new terrorist threat, called the True Patriots

Nano-machines all up in this bitch.

Can love blossom on the Tea Party battlefield?

Top Bottom