• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI: Spider-man Miles Morales First Boss Fight. 4k Footage. Fire!!!!

FearlessSlipperyKoalabear-size_restricted.gif

THEAP99

Banned
The colors are looking great. Really gives off wintery vibes. Def the type of game to play during a snow storm!

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I played through Spider-Man twice, and I'll surely love this game, but I didn't find the clip all that exciting. Maybe that's partially because I played through Spider-Man twice, but it is very much more of the same.

Audiophile

Looks great (and I will be playing it eventually on a PS5), but it looks great in the sense that it's a PS4 game with a few things turned up to 11.

Spidey PS4 was already so good looking; that I just can't be all that impressed by an iterative cross-gen title.

It's clear it's not a ground-up next-gen game and it's not taking advantage of the next-gen in any way other than some dials turned up, load times, haptics and 3D audio. The visuals, gameplay and world fundamentals will ultimately be hampered by a HDD and 1.6Ghz Jaguar Cores being the baseline.

I'm not buying a PS5 for cross-gen, I'll get one when there are full-blown next-gen titles such as Ratchet and (hopefully) God Of War. The cross-gen stuff will be eBay purchases to fill the gaps.

Also, Miles' voice sounds awful here, really out of place.

In addition, the change in Peter's character model has massively soured me to both the franchise and Insomniac. Regardless of the reasons, the end result is the lovechild of Tom Holland and vanilla pretty boy #7; totally boring, looks way too young, the voice no longer fits and it's robbed the game of one of its core pillars, a distinct main character which represents a unique take on Peter. Plus he's no longer coherent with the world and characters; he looks younger than Miles who he's supposedly mentoring; and I don't buy for one second him in the context of a relationship with MJ; or a past relationship with Black Cat.

/Digression and rant over..

Last edited:

lachesis

Did Miles inhale some Helium or something? What's up with the voice?

Otherwise it looks good. Not sure if it's really Next Gen - but none of the games so far blew me out of water on all fronts - Xbox and PS5 included. Spider-Man on PS4 Pro already looked darned good. (I platinumed it) This looks slightly better, I guess... but not really sure about Miles voice...

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Man I really need to stop reading this forum... I spent some time analyzing the ground to look for cool effects or see if I can spot RT or whatever and noticed MIles doesn't cast a shadow and now I can't unsee it and it's bothering me lol

Man, that's raytracing effect. You don't have basic shadows that are made from direct like, and rays are bouncing around the scene so you see only soft shadows in some parts that have no direct light.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Man, that's raytracing effect. You don't have basic shadows that are made from direct like, and rays are bouncing around the scene so you see only soft shadows in some parts that have no direct light.
I just noticed some shadows; think it's just the brightness of the scene + the contrast of the suit early on that makes it stand out lol

Just gets video-gamey for a second or 2.. then looks perfection rest of the time.

Top Bottom