• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI: Spider-man Miles Morales First Boss Fight. 4k Footage. Fire!!!!

GreyHorace

Footage looks sweet and Rhino as a boss was a pleasant surprise.

But with Peter there, what is Miles going to call himself? Spider-Boy? Arachno-Kid?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I just noticed some shadows; think it's just the brightness of the scene + the contrast of the suit early on that makes it stand out lol

Just gets video-gamey for a second or 2.. then looks perfection rest of the time.

It's tricky to adjust those rays as well, as they can illuminate more than they should. But overall, it looks pretty realistic. Here is real life for you:

people-walking-city-streets-cloudy-spring-day-miercurea-ciuc-romania-april-144733141.jpg

young-mother-and-school-aged-son-walking-at-beach-against-cloudy-sky-2B1TFY4.jpg

You see, they barely have any shadow. You should go out sometimes, it has so realistic raytracing. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Mr Hyde

Looks really good. Thought the first Spidey was okayish, it was fun but got a little repetitive at the end. Probably gonna grab Miles down the road when its cheaper, gonna be helluva busy with Demon's Souls anyway.

Sony coming in hot now with several good looking games. Great start for the PS5. Can't wait to see what more they have in store for the future.

Tschumi

Looks like fun but it looks current gen
Okay, for real.. if this looks current gen... And I'm not saying it doesn't.. but if this looks current gen what the hell do we need a new generation for?

I mean, talk about diminishing returns, this looks excellent but i absolutely can see where you're coming from in that it doesn't have some magical leap in quality..

I'm spoiled by living through, by this point, a fair few new console generations. The PS1>PS2 gap in particular set a hugely misleading precedent...

Okay, maybe someone smarter will list off all the ways in which it is next gen and set my soul at ease.. but i do have this doubt.

images

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks the same as it did on PS4 Pro to me, which is fine - looked great on current gen.

QTE fest though, somewhat alarming. First game was bad for that too, but this looks like a lot more?

VFXVeteran

Banned
meh. same last gen graphics, same last gen gameplay. pass.

I still cannot believe its cross gen. sony used to be the one publisher that believed in generations. watching this dated stuff has really left a bitter taste in my mouth to start off the gen.

Does look the same as last gen. Except cleaner image quality. Not sure why every single exclusive PS game has to be received with "oohhs..ahhhs". It's ok to have an average good looking game based on a great franchise.

Last edited:
It's almost entirely made up of QTEs and mini cutscenes :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I fully expected these games to evolve into actual movies within another 5 years.

As if we've seen anything better than PS5 gameplay, not even the latest, pathetically downgraded CyberPunk 2077 on RTX 30 series trailer.
Lets be honest. This is PS4 gameplay, not PS5. It's not a huge shocker that the game doesn't look like a huge leap forward, being cross gen. I think everyone is pretty confident that much better looking games are coming in the future.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Graphically it reminds me of first gen 360 games like GUN that were cleaned up PS2 ports. That said the original was fantastic and I don’t even like capeshit. Even if this is more of the same, it’s one of the best launch games I can remember and the package with the original for $70 is a great deal if you haven’t played it.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Lets be honest. This is PS4 gameplay, not PS5. It's not a huge shocker that the game doesn't look like a huge leap forward, being cross gen. I think everyone is pretty confident that much better looking games are coming in the future.

Even though, it's still looks better than anything else outside PS5 games. Better games will come and beat it later from Sony itself later, but it's a solid launch.

FrankWza

I don’t know what everyone is looking at but the trailer in 4K on a 4K tv doesn’t look PS4. To say we’re going to get better looking games later is such a ridiculous statement. Of course we are!
But this and DeS is an amazing 1-2 punch. Have you all been through console launches before? It’s usually garbage. There’s second tier games coming out that would be the best games releasing for past gens. Stop and smell the roses.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm seeing it on my TV here at my house. Can't play the "wall of screenshots" game that we did in the past this time around. If you are adding 99 points out of a 100 for the game being a Sony exclusive, then you win everytime.

Not sure what you are saying there exactly but have a good night, mate.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
It does look great but if you actually played Spiderman on PS4 (like I did) you'll release how small of a jump in visuals it actually is. Sort of in a good way - Spiderman PS4 is such a good looking game (minus the faces that look like playdo).

diffusionx

Gold Member
It does look great but if you actually played Spiderman on PS4 (like I did) you'll release how small of a jump in visuals it actually is. Sort of in a good way - Spiderman PS4 is such a good looking game (minus the faces that look like playdo).

Doesn’t seem like they really improved that, just made Peter look like a twink.

As if we've seen anything better than PS5 gameplay, not even the latest, pathetically downgraded CyberPunk 2077 on RTX 30 series trailer.
Uh Demons souls looks far far better than this? So does R&C - Or am I tripping - and wait where is the downgraded cyberpunk trailer?

Last edited:

DonJimbo

Not buying the ps5 at launch pays off will play this horizon and God of war on the PS4 pro thank you Sony for that

MastaKiiLA

Just for a comparison.

The new video looks noticeably better than this. I'm referring to the gameplay. The lighting is better, and textures are more crisp. I actually expect the game to shine most during city traversal, but I don't agree with the current gen claims. I'm not sure everyone is watching these on 4k TVs. Watching 4k gameplay at a lower resolution really misses the entire point. And 4k really benefits from a 50+ inch screen. I say this as someone with better than 20/20 vision.

Orta

Banned
Everything I've seen of that game seems to be nothing but cut-scenes and swooping, close-up camera angles.

Lovely graphics but gameplay wise, meh.

Last edited:
Everything I've seen of that game seems to be nothing but cut-scenes and swooping, close-up camera angles.

Lovely graphics but gameplay wise, meh.

If you played the first one you know that's not really how the game is they are just setting things up so you know why the battle is happening.

Top Bottom