• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI: Spider-man Miles Morales First Boss Fight. 4k Footage. Fire!!!!

Bo_Hazem

Banned
There is a new trailer for cyberpunk? Link please?!

Not new, latest one:

Downgrades are pretty visible.

Uh Demons souls looks far far better than this? So does R&C - Or am I tripping - and wait where is the downgraded cyberpunk trailer?

Yes, they look better, that's why I said "As if we've seen anything better than PS5 gameplay". Meaning, outside PS5's offering.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Honestly looks almost exactly like the last game.
No, it doesn't. Someone already posted the PS4 Kingpin fight on page 2, and this clearly looks better. Whether you think it's by a little or by a lot, it definitely looks better. There's nothing exactly like the last game about this, other than the gameplay. But that is expected, seeing as it's a progression of the first game. I don't think anyone expected them to change the combat system.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Yes, they look better

To a blind person, yes. Theres so much more going in the background of CP2077 that neither of those games can surpass it so naturally, something less detailed/scripted/explorable will look more cool in trailers. It's all about the details when exploring the world, not how shiny it looks.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Man why do you come to these threads? It's so cringy.
We don't jump into Nvidia threads to shit on them for their meme launch and secretly pushing their profit margins with that exact paper launch or inflating their performance numbers with "30" TF 3080s.
Jeez. I can see your name popping up on THAT list again, as always well deserved.

Comments from other people on this very thread....

I honestly thought the game was going to be the quality of the fmv shown, was slightly meh’d when the gameplay kicked in, this is definitely launch title quality meh.

I guess it’s going to take much time for devs to get used to ray tracing tools.

Okay, for real.. if this looks current gen... And I'm not saying it doesn't.. but if this looks current gen what the hell do we need a new generation for?

I mean, talk about diminishing returns, this looks excellent but i absolutely can see where you're coming from in that it doesn't have some magical leap in quality..

I'm spoiled by living through, by this point, a fair few new console generations. The PS1>PS2 gap in particular set a hugely misleading precedent...

Okay, maybe someone smarter will list off all the ways in which it is next gen and set my soul at ease.. but i do have this doubt.

images

meh. same last gen graphics, same last gen gameplay. pass.

I still cannot believe its cross gen. sony used to be the one publisher that believed in generations. watching this dated stuff has really left a bitter taste in my mouth to start off the gen.

Lets be honest. This is PS4 gameplay, not PS5. It's not a huge shocker that the game doesn't look like a huge leap forward, being cross gen. I think everyone is pretty confident that much better looking games are coming in the future.

It does look great but if you actually played Spiderman on PS4 (like I did) you'll release how small of a jump in visuals it actually is. Sort of in a good way - Spiderman PS4 is such a good looking game (minus the faces that look like playdo).

Looks the same as it did on PS4 Pro to me, which is fine - looked great on current gen.

QTE fest though, somewhat alarming. First game was bad for that too, but this looks like a lot more?

If you have issue with me having a voice in any PS game related threads where I echo the general sentiment of everyone else, then YOU have a personal problem with ME specifically.

And then to wish me banned is just completely pathetic.. I have a right to speak about any game on these boards whether they are PS, Xbox, Nintendo or PC. I don't get salty when you guys give opinions on PC games and wish you were banned.. that's so childish and echoes your personal vendetta with me as well as your blind dedication to a box.

DavidGzz

I'm happy with the way this is turning out. I'm content with many games in the next year being cleaned up cross gen games with short load times. The lookers are coming. I'll have a blast with Valhalla, Legion, Spiderman MM, etc, in the meantime.

I do find it funny however how butt hurt people get when we point out the obvious. It isn't as funny when it is about the system and games you're interested in, is it? Its all fun and games making fun of cross gen games on Xbox though, right?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
To a blind person, yes. Theres so much more going in the background of CP2077 that neither of those games can surpass it so naturally, something less detailed/scripted/explorable will look more cool in trailers. It's all about the details when exploring the world, not how shiny it looks.

Ok:

cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-e3-2019-rtx-on-4k-in-game-screenshot-010.png

cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-e3-2019-rtx-on-4k-in-game-screenshot-004.png

cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-e3-2019-rtx-on-4k-in-game-screenshot-005.png

Talking about shiny, it's CyberPunk that's exaggerating with shiny things. And see these waxy skins and low res hair up close, just zoom in, only blind people can't see this downgraded BS:

RIP early, ambitious build:

RGdaeEeMxZSH5YKuewL9qT.jpg

Whitecrow

Banned
With the jump to 4k 60 fps, expecting a big bump in geometry and scene details also is setting the bar too high.

You would need to put both games side by side and then you woull appreciate how much better this game looks.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Ok:

Talking about shiny, it's CyberPunk that's exaggerating with shiny things. And see these waxy skins and low res hair up close, just zoom in, only blind people can't see this downgraded BS:

Well now I know you're fucking dumb because the last pic is from the CGI trailer. Jesus you sony kids are ridiculous. Theres a reason why normal people like me who love Sony games get a bad rep. Your post also has no relevance to what I actually said. neither of those games you mentioned have such an ambitious world because naturally they're not pure rpg's. They have an entirely different focus. Theres more to hardware resource consumption than just resolution textures on characters.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Well now I know you're fucking dumb because the last pic is from the CGI trailer. Jesus you sony kids are ridiculous. Theres a reason why normal people like me who love Sony games get a bad rep.
If you compare it to the 2018 demo, it actually has received a big upgrade. I don't know why a CG Trailer was brought up tbh.

I am worried to see how shit the PS5 and XSX Versions look on launch though until they get that juicy next-gen update.

Pedro Motta

Ok:

This won’t go well for you, Cyberpunk looks amazing even if downgraded. Last screen is from CGI trailer.

GreyHand23

At this point no one should be arguing with VFXVeteran, we already know his playbook well. PCMR is superior and always will be blah blah blah. Make sure to shit on developer's work at every turn as long as it somehow props up his precious PC that he spent 5x the money on. Clearly this video is heavily compressed and even then compared to the Kingpin video there is a noticeable step up in visuals. At the end of the day this is a cross gen game, but it still looks really good so the vitriol is frankly unwarranted.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
This won’t go well for you, Cyberpunk looks amazing even if downgraded. Last screen is from CGI trailer.

It looks good, but downgraded from the early build they shown. But it doesn't even compare to Spiderman MM quality models. The difference is quite extreme, those I made from the official video, not even direct feed like those Cyberpunk 2077:

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-23h46m45s627.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-00h04m29s438.png

Even NPC's are highly detailed:

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-00h47m51s643.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-00h04m02s271.png

It's simply "Miles" ahead.

Hunnybun

I thought the gameplay they released last month where he's walking through the festival scene was fantastic. Looked pretty much next gen to me, to the extent that I'm curious how it's going to look on the PS4.

A lot of the other footage looks more like cross gen, albeit with really REALLY good image quality.

But really everything I've seen looks a decent step up from current gen, just not as amazing as something like Ratchet & Clank.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I thought the gameplay they released last month where he's walking through the festival scene was fantastic. Looked pretty much next gen to me, to the extent that I'm curious how it's going to look on the PS4.

A lot of the other footage looks more like cross gen, albeit with really REALLY good image quality.

But really everything I've seen looks a decent step up from current gen, just not as amazing as something like Ratchet & Clank.

I've downloaded the video, it's heavily compressed and most of the fine details disappear with such compression.

I honestly hate commenting on these threads, cause it's either "omg this is better than anything on xbox, pc, etc" or "this is the best looking game ever, and nothing can top it". The game looks good, but it definitely doesn't look as crisp or stunning as other ps5 games, or games on other platforms. Y'all are trying too hard to bait certain individuals, because you don't like they have to say. Why don't some of y'all just use the ignore button, and move on, it's getting pathetic at this point.

And to try and compare this to cyberpunk from an objective, graphical standpoint, is fucking hilarious. Its painful to read some of the comments here sometimes, when it can easily be a great discussion. Say what is better about MM over x,y,z game of you truly feel that way, but don't gang up on folks and try and get them reported, for speaking the truth. We're better than that GAF!

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Always triggered me how Miles' Friend looks like shit compared to Miles graphically imo.

Ever heard of depth of field? Bokeh effect? It's a camera effect emulated here. Seems like you're viewing this in a cellphone to not obviously see it. Here as well, gameplay footage with the use of DOF effect on GT7 that looks photorealistic and less gamey with that effect:

vlcsnap-2020-10-12-21h05m26s655.png

And this is out of a compressed video I made, not official direct feed from PS5.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I honestly hate commenting on these threads, cause it's either "omg this is better than anything on xbox, pc, etc" or "this is the best looking game ever, and nothing can top it". The game looks good, but it definitely doesn't look as crisp or stunning as other ps5 games, or games on other platforms. Y'all are trying too hard to bait certain individuals, because you don't like they have to say. Why don't some of y'all just use the ignore button, and move on, it's getting pathetic at this point.

100% agree. It's like this every single time. I'd love for a change where these threads show exuberance for 2nd party or even 3rd party games - but it never happens. It's 100% always 1st party games. Why is that I wonder?

And to try and compare this to cyberpunk from an objective, graphical standpoint, is fucking hilarious. Its painful to read some of the comments here sometimes, when it can easily be a great discussion. Say what is better about MM over x,y,z game of you truly feel that way, but don't gang up on folks and try and get them reported, for speaking the truth. We're better than that GAF!

I gave up on this recently. Comparing PC to consoles after the 3000-series release is just dumb right now. They aren't even on the same playing field anymore.

Hunnybun

Just my opinion but I've never been that impressed by Cyberpunk. I've always felt like I'm missing something, it just looks like a decent current gen game to me.

But then I feel somewhat the same about Demon's Souls - I think it looks good, but a definite step below the best next gen stuff we've seen. I'm betting gameplay of things like Horizon 2 and God of War will blow it away.

It looks good, but downgraded from the early build they shown. But it doesn't even compare to Spiderman MM quality models. The difference is quite extreme, those I made from the official video, not even direct feed like those Cyberpunk 2077:

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-23h46m45s627.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-00h04m29s438.png

Even NPC's are highly detailed:

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-00h47m51s643.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-00h04m02s271.png

It's simply "Miles" ahead.
I’ve definitely seen better character models in several games this gen, last of us 2, quantum break, control for example

im gonna disagree completely with the cyberpunk 2077 comparison - with all the effects it looks A LOT better than this imo. But so does Demons Souls and Ratchet and Clank to me so

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Ever heard of depth of field? Bokeh effect? It's a camera effect emulated here. Seems like you're viewing this in a cellphone to not obviously see it. Here as well, gameplay footage with the use of DOF effect on GT7 that looks photorealistic and less gamey with that effect:

vlcsnap-2020-10-12-21h05m26s655.png

And this is out of a compressed video I made, not official direct feed from PS5.
I am talking about his facial structure and general look, he just looks like an NPC you would find in any game, just my opinion but depth of field isn't what I am on about, just a personal gripe, I thought he looked pretty shit in the gameplay too from a detail standpoint but that is to be expected I guess.

Hunnybun

im gonna disagree completely with the cyberpunk 2077 comparison - with all the effects it looks A LOT better than this imo. But so does Demons Souls and Ratchet and Clank to me so

I'm not arguing, just genuinely interested: can you post screens of Cyberpunk that look better than that? Cos to me MM looks better in pretty much all the footage I've seen.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
It's cross-gen, it's launch title, it's been in development for only 2 years. It's a massive achievement from Insomniac games and people are shitting on such a great and artisticlly strong game with really good gameplay, just because it's not from their favorite brand.

People only look at pixel counts and not actually the game looks. Is it the best graphics showcase? Hell no! Does it have to be? No!

did you read my previous post? I have high hopes for this game as Spiderman my fave ps4 game. I just expected more that's all. I think it being cross gen is holding it back. it did start as a ps4 game as well, maybe they should of kept is as ps4 only and have it as the swan song for ps4. I know it will play great and I look forward to playing it

Hunnybun

How do I post screens from other threads? I can do it

jAvZIb2.jpg

KYNDOua.jpg

dypkQ6G.jpg

For me those are a mixed bag. That bottom screen looks good, and the footage on the bike looks amazing, but personally I don't see anything that special about the others.

Tbf though I did just Google Cyberpunk amazing graphics and loads of the screens that came up looked fantastic.

But then every time I've watched footage of gameplay on YouTube I've been unimpressed. So not really sure what's going on lol.

For me those are a mixed bag. That bottom screen looks good, and the footage on the bike looks amazing, but personally I don't see anything that special about the others.

Tbf though I did just Google Cyberpunk amazing graphics and loads of the screens that came up looked fantastic.

But then every time I've watched footage of gameplay on YouTube I've been unimpressed. So not really sure what's going on lol.
Probably just are impressed by different things than me - I think demons souls looks way better than spider man so likely a taste thing

Hunnybun

Probably just are impressed by different things than me - I think demons souls looks way better than spider man so likely a taste thing

Yeah I think perhaps I just don't like the art style of Cyberpunk.

I think Demon's Souls looks better than Spiderman too, just not that much better. And I think Ratchet looks WAY better than both.

Each to his own I guess.

wolywood

Also - and granted, it's been a couple of years now since I played it - but wasn't Rhino already a boss battle in the PS4 Spiderman?

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Comments from other people on this very thread....

If you have issue with me having a voice in any PS game related threads where I echo the general sentiment of everyone else, then YOU have a personal problem with ME specifically.

And then to wish me banned is just completely pathetic.. I have a right to speak about any game on these boards whether they are PS, Xbox, Nintendo or PC. I don't get salty when you guys give opinions on PC games and wish you were banned.. that's so childish and echoes your personal vendetta with me as well as your blind dedication to a box.

I would honestly call out any game for looking this slightly improved thats being brandied about as a NEXT GEN eye candy bonanza.

I really thought that this would be the gen where our games looked like the clickbait thumbnail which is actually non-interactive cutscene.

We haven’t seen a ton of actual gameplay from next gen games, for me there was a hope, but I guess it was only a fool’s hope.

The reality is we’ve only really seen a small bite of these games that has been very carefully selected and refined like with Ratchet and Clank gameplay segment.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Balducci just choosed poor quality screens, the game looks a lot sharper and just better than that.

But yeah, put me in the camp of the people that was never really mindblowed by cyberpunk graphics, but i know how big the scope of this game is (spidey morales is a little cute game in comparison), so i can forgive the game not having the best models out there or 8k textures everywhere.

On the other hand, miles models is well...miles away from any other models in that game, some weeks ago i posted a comparison where a character from spidey ps4 looked vastly better than a character in morales, you are not gonna have the same quality for all the characters, cyberpunk is more homogeneous.

Top Bottom