• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
at that point it was probably already too late, and I still think Sony kinda fucked them by pushing forward too fast

I agree.
If this was a $40 steam release that just sort of popped up as so many do?
Way different situation.

Also they would have made way less money.

And I am STILL holding out like Brad and hope that through revision they can make a compelling game out of it.

But good luck getting me to buy it again.
(I didn't refund, but I did after 5 or so hours immediately resell my hard copy on amazon)

Jeff is anti-consumer?

That's a fun spin on what he said on the Bombcast...

How do you get that from "don't pre-order games and don't trust publishers"?

He was saying protect yourself so you don't have to put up with bullshit and then embarrass yourself with refund campaigns.

That's ridiculous. You also have to protect the business and avoid them to be exploited. If you go all in on that eventually companies would make less, safer games.

There needs to be a middle ground. It's baffling to read something "world of acceptance" like I should be 100 per cent satisfied all the time or I should get my money back. Especially when it comes to art like games.

Ridiculous statements like these is way I can't take this shit seriously.

woah woah woah. too far ranging. what is advertised is better. the customer could be a buffoon or a lunatic who wants their dishwasher to fly.

There's a few hours' limit worth of playtime before a game can't be refunded through steam, that's the protection? but the refund conditions are just "return it if you don't like it" for steam, which is the distributor we were talking about.

Most real life companies have limited windows in which things can be returned. Personally I think some of them are too short, but that's how it is.

Curufinwe

To answer some questions from the Bombcast - Polyphony survive with long droughts between games because even their least popular GT titles sell 5+ million copies. So, yes, they do still sell, even when they are a PS3 exclusive released after the PS4 launched. DriveClub VR was developed by the same team that made DC and according to Eurogamer it provides the most immersive racing experience in VR so far.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=211815873

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-hands-on-with-driveclub-vr

Obviously, no one from the Bombcast will actually read this, but that's OK because unlike the Beastcast they don't actually seem interested in knowing when their idle speculation is inaccurate.

KingKong

actually you know what, the funniest thing about No Mans Sky is that they put in this grandiose milestone presentation for what are simple achievements like 'discovered 5 planets' and 'walked 100 miles'

Jeff hated Driveclub, I'm pretty sure his indifference to Driveclub VR is because of that.

A hands on from another gaming outlet does not make Jeff's opinion idle speculation or inaccurate given that it is his opinion.

I loved Driveclub personally but I think we can handle them not creating a corrections segment for people to tell them they are wrong about things they do and don't like.

popo

Jeff is anti-consumer?

He was saying protect yourself so you don't have to put up with bullshit and then embarrass yourself with refund campaigns.

Last week he did dismiss Jason's concerns about the PS Slim dropping the Optical Port as "buy a new receiver", but that was likely a joke.

Curufinwe

Jeff hated Driveclub, I'm pretty sure his indifference to Driveclub VR is because of that.

A hands on from another gaming outlet does not make Jeff's opinion idle speculation or inaccurate given that it is his opinion.

I loved Driveclub personally but I think we can handle them not creating a corrections segment for people to tell them they are wrong about things they do and don't like.

Who developed DriveClub VR is not an opinion.

Scizzy

OK, it was fun hearing everyone mess with Dan on the Beastcast about all the stuff he doesn't know, but on Vinny's guest appearance on the 404 podcast with JeffB they butcher a math problem in a way far dumber than anything Dan has said in a while.

Obviously, no one from the Bombcast will actually read this, but that's OK because unlike the Beastcast they don't actually seem interested in knowing when their idle speculation is inaccurate.

When you're being a passive aggressive dickbag I sure hope they don't see the correction.

What crawled up your ass?

Maaaan it's really sounding like were getting another gimmick console from Nintendo.

My main problem with the rumours are the controllers. They sound really dumb and gimmicky.

Can we just get a good home console with a really good controller for playing awesome Nintendo games? Not some dumb tablet or Wii mote and nun chuck combo.
The market absolutely does not give the slightest fuck about a straightforward Nintendo console. Anyone who thought that was the way that Nintendo would go is not paying attention to who actually plays Nintendo games, and why they do so.

MonsterDunk

Giant Bomb eSports Editor
Jeff is anti-consumer?

I find that people half-listen to the podcast, then quote one sentence out of context and trump up a bunch of incorrect bullshit about our points of view all the time. It's lame, but eventually you just kinda realize that it comes with the territory.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
OK, it was fun hearing everyone mess with Dan on the Beastcast about all the stuff he doesn't know, but on Vinny's guest appearance on the 404 podcast with JeffB they butcher a math problem in a way far dumber than anything Dan has said in a while.
That was pretty bad...

I find that people half-listen to the podcast, then quote one sentence out of context and trump up a bunch of incorrect bullshit about our points of view all the time. It's lame, but eventually you just kinda realize that it comes with the territory.

This post means you actually like Shenmue right?

I knew it!

(I could not imagine.)

Doom also has the classic Metroid problem where once you've gotten used to the double jump it's really hard to replay the game and go back to not having the double jump.

LiK

To answer some questions from the Bombcast - Polyphony survive with long droughts between games because even their least popular GT titles sell 5+ million copies. So, yes, they do still sell, even when they are a PS3 exclusive released after the PS4 launched. DriveClub VR was developed by the same team that made DC and according to Eurogamer it provides the most immersive racing experience in VR so far.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-hands-on-with-driveclub-vr

EVERYONE from West and East reads this thread.

I'm sure this has been discussed before... But since No Man's Sky is a bust and unless Titanfall 2 has an amazing single player or maybe FF XV does something crazy or Call of Duty reinvents itself...

I think it's a lock for Doom to be a pretty unanimous GOTY (possibly our first)... Maybe Overwatch could compete, but not with the GB crew.

I'm sure this has been discussed before... But since No Man's Sky is a bust and unless Titanfall 2 has an amazing single player or maybe FF XV does something crazy or Call of Duty reinvents itself...

I think it's a lock for Doom to be a pretty unanimous GOTY (possibly our first)... Maybe Overwatch could compete, but not with the GB crew.

I think the Vinny and Jason (Overwatch) vs Jeff and Drew (DOOM) battle is real.

We know what will win but I hope they put up a good fight.

They should give music of the year to the CoolGames Inc podcast.
https://levelmusicmaxo.bandcamp.com/track/social-science

kiguel182

The idea that Danny didn't know how huge Grand Turismo is was crazy. Jeff and Brad are Americans so I kinda get it. Grand Turismo was, until 6, easily the biggest racing franchise in Europe for sure. Those games are huge.

Tagyhag

The idea that Danny didn't know how huge Grand Turismo is was crazy. Jeff and Brad are Americans so I kinda get it. Grand Turismo was, until 6, easily the biggest racing franchise in Europe for sure. Those games are huge.

Yeah that surprised me as well. I'm American and I even knew that.

Of course I like video games enough to follow them in forums, but Danny is part of a huge video game website, it's amazing that he didn't know.

I'm not anticonsumer, I'm anti whiny bitches.

Dev says game has multiplayer, game comes out, there's no multiplayer.

"Lol why are you complaining bro? Such is life"

That's why the NMS lies thread had thousands of posts. Victim blaming is stupid.

I want to be part of an industry that's less "You shouldn't preorder if you don't want to be surprised with missing features" and more "Hey devs, DON'T talk about features that won't be in the game, or at least, tell people clearly in advance that it won't be in the game".

robotrock

Banned

I think Middle Earth was a pretty unanimous GOTY. Alex tried to push Bayonetta 2 for #1, and I'm sad it didn't happen.

kiguel182

I think the Vinny and Jason (Overwatch) vs Jeff and Drew (DOOM) battle is real.

We know what will win but I hope they put up a good fight.

They should give music of the year to the CoolGames Inc podcast.
https://levelmusicmaxo.bandcamp.com/track/social-science

Dan will probably be team Overwatch too. Alex also really likes it and I don't remember him talking up Doom much. But Jeff and Brad really don't care for Overwatch...

Teddified

If they let us vote/make our own lists on GB again, I think I'll put W3 Blood and Wine as #1 just to see if I can.
And It was my favorite "game" so far.

I think Middle Earth was a pretty unanimous GOTY. Alex tried to push Bayonetta 2 for #1, and I'm sad it didn't happen.

XCOM on it's year was the most one-sided I've ever seen a GOTY. They had the video wrap up and literally all of Giantbomb was whooping and hollering when they were playing it.

And the entire final day podcast was literally a three hour build up so that the entire table could exclaim XCOM was GOTY.

I wonder if they'll do a QL of WoW: Legion.

They could have Rorie go through a dungeon and show off a class hall, the artifact weapon and new trees or something.

#IWouldEngageWithThatContent

Ketch

Dev says game has multiplayer, game comes out, there's no multiplayer.

"Lol why are you complaining bro? Such is life"

That's why the NMS lies thread had thousands of posts. Victim blaming is stupid.

I want to be part of an industry that's less "You shouldn't preorder if you don't want to be surprised with missing features" and more "Hey devs, DON'T talk about features that won't be in the game, or at least, tell people clearly in advance that it won't be in the game".

Again I'm not anti consumer, take your outrage to the NMS thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom