• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT1| The real Bomb shelter

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
These guys are definitely obsessed. They consume all the content they can, just so they can shit post. I mean they even bitch on little mistakes like forgetting to put a name on a header, and try to use it as some kinda 'gotcha.' Brap even watches the night shows live. Which is something only hardcore fans do. He's also proud that he got blocked by her on twitter. The fact that he and others follow them on social media is very weird. That's obsessive fandom.
Many of us loved GB and want to see the stuff we loved return. We criticize it because we care. If you want an echo chamber/cult of positivity, then this is not the site for you.

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Even Klepek was tolerable back in 2011-2012. Two standout BC episodes for me were when he and Brad discussed and shat all over Resident Evil 6 and Dead Space 3.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
For someone who hates on GB so much, you sure consume a lot of their content.
Lol, 2 free podcasts a week = a lot of content.

It’s purely for research, so when shills like @Richard Packer show up to don his fedora and defend Abby’s honour and to shitpost, I can converse from a position of experience instead of from a position of “when I last listened to GB 3 years ago...”.

Also, it’s entertaining watching a tragedy play out. Shaking your head as you witness stupid decision after stupid decision. It’s like a car crash, you can’t look away.

Also, getting to hear a funny Dan anecdote when he is allowed to speak instead of ugly Abby is a bonus.

Reactions: Manus

eot

Apr 13, 2012
Personally the only thing I watch is Mass Alex, mostly because I love Mass Effect, not the video series itself. It's also more or less the only thing not poisoned by Ben / Abby. Alex being shit at games, and Vinny somehow having forgotten most things despite playing the game god knows how many times brings it down a bit, but Vinny at least tries, and does some quiet googling in the background.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
Even Klepek was tolerable back in 2011-2012. Two standout BC episodes for me were when he and Brad discussed and shat all over Resident Evil 6 and Dead Space 3.
The Adam Sessler episode of the bombcast with the E3 mysteries is one of my favourites.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
I miss the Adam Sessler before he went batshit insane with the far-left rhetoric.
I don't let that shit bother me. I look at these guys as entertainers, not people I want to hang with. They all say stupid shit. Dan, is one of my favourites, and that guy is a grade A moron.

I think Adam is out of the games industry. I remember them talking about it a long time ago.

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
So, like the majority of video game talking heads. :/
Yep, but it sucks to see what he has become.

I don't let that shit bother me. I look at these guys as entertainers, not people I want to hang with. They all say stupid shit. Dan, is one of my favourites, and that guy is a grade A moron.

I think Adam is out of the games industry. I remember them talking about it a long time ago.
True, but that doesn't mean I can't miss the dude he used to be instead of the massive cunt he currently is.

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Nice amount of dislikes! I hear it's horrible. Why do they let Abby play games when she makes it frustrating to watch?

Reactions: KingMoron

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
Her quick look has the most views out of anything released yesterday. Maybe that's why.
Less to do with Abby and more to do with the game. It has been circling social media for over a year now and people want to know if it is good. They could have chosen literally anyone else and it would have gotten the same amount of views.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
Less to do with Abby and more to do with the game. It has been circling social media for over a year now and people want to know if it is good. They could have chosen literally anyone else and it would have gotten the same amount of views.
I played it with one of my friends last night. The game doesn't look good at all. We were playing this platform heavy spin level and it looked plain bad. I guess people enjoy the quips and how quirky it is.

Bloodstained definitely has more hype around it, and is the better game.

Last edited:

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
This weeks Crime Crew is another amazing episode. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It's gonna suck when this feature is over. Hopefully they have more 4 player shenanigans lined up.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
Just finished watching the new Hitman quick look. This game looks as silly as ever. I can't believe the arm on 47. Dude has a cannon.

I'm hoping that the Mario Maker 2 quick look will feature Dan/Jeff.

Also, I hope we get Vinny Stania this week as well.

DarkestHour

Oct 27, 2015
I don't even play games much anymore but for some reason I love listening to this group of people and watching their videos.

Is Brad really leaving?

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
Nah, I just sub to the unarchived channel.
You're obsessed bro. The only people who watch that shit are people who are waaay too into Giant Bomb fandom. The type of people who follow these guys on twitter and jack off to Abby Russell/Jeff gifs. I'm a fan of Giant Bomb but I ain't got nothing on you sick fucks.

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
You're obsessed bro. The only people who watch that shit are people who are waaay too into Giant Bomb fandom. The type of people who follow these guys on twitter and jack off to Abby Russell/Jeff gifs. I'm a fan of Giant Bomb but I ain't got nothing on you sick fucks.
Sounds like you're projecting, Dick Packer. I subbed to it when they were uploading all those streams from the old days. Now it's just pre-show stuff where we can see how much of a fucking idiot and attention whore abby is.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
Now it's just pre-show stuff where we can see how much of a fucking idiot and attention whore abby is.
Yet, you still watch this shit hours after it being uploaded. Just so you can bitch about it to your friends like some deranged ex.

Last edited:

h00ters

Jul 17, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I've been really into Mario Maker since launch so was interested to hear the GB guys talk about it on this weeks Bombcast. Was pleasantly surprised that, with Jeff hosting this week, they jumped straight into chatting about games. Was actually pretty enjoyable and was going well until Ben hijacked the show for what felt like an eternity talking about some local carnival he went to....