Giant Bomb |OT1| The real Bomb shelter

I am not going for this

but man Abby is done for me she really layed the Nier objetctive card just to put her game over while meanwhle she goes for some hunks in a dating simgame that is also full of fanservice.

Worst member EVER...

Abby was fine during GOTY except maybe going too hard for Dream Daddy.

I like that she had the fire to fight for her views, even against Jeff and co.
The problem was that she had no arguments. I agree with her Dream daddy even it is ridiculous to say that it did something new for the genre which it totlly did not but otherwsie she was invested in this game so its fine such a game as number 10 Spot. We have every year something like this.

However the way she went against Nier in every discussion was not only uninformed but vile. She was totally on a mission to get this game as low as possible and you clearly saw this, Without Abby Alex would actually had a chance to get this to number one. Also her loud Cuphead should be higher all the time made her look like a child. honestly she was pretty annoying and disrupted the flow of conversations and discussions. Ben was also new but he brought many well reasoned arguments into the mix. He could articulate his opinion wile Abby could not for everything not dream daddy related besides its vey very good

Yeah, Abby made this year's deliberations difficult to listen to because of her sheer inability to formulate an argument in favor of her games outside of "I think it's really good", etc. Like, I don't play Visual Novels and even I know that DD wasn't the best VN to be released this year (the writing is poor, to say the least). She even nominated it for the soundtrack lol

The above can somewhat be excused with "she's young" or "she's green", but then, in the final two hours of the GOTY podcast she finally admits that the reason she's biased against Nier was because of the "objectification", while spitting out blatantly false statements in regards to it ("you're forced to look up her skirt"), to the bewilderment of the rest of the crew.

Never had a problem with her prior to this week but man, it's going to be impossible to take her seriously from now on.

Yeah, Abby made this year's deliberations difficult to listen to because of her sheer inability to formulate an argument in favor of her games outside of "I think it's really good", etc. Like, I don't play Visual Novels and even I know that DD wasn't the best VN to be released this year (the writing is poor, to say the least). She even nominated it for the soundtrack lol

The above can somewhat be excused with "she's young" or "she's green", but then, in the final two hours of the GOTY podcast she finally admits that the reason she's biased against Nier was because of the "objectification", while spitting out blatantly false statements in regards to it ("you're forced to look up her skirt"), to the bewilderment of the rest of the crew.

Never had a problem with her prior to this week but man, it's going to be impossible to take her seriously from now on.
Yeah I feel the same. I wonder how it will be from now listening to the beast cast. I really liked the beast cast before but boy Abby sure put a huge wall before it now....

Arkhan

Grand Vizier of Khemri
Shh you aren't allowed to say that any more, it's 2017!
You are allowed to say it, but not turn a thread about Giant Bomb into it. Derailing a thread into jerk off fantasies doesn't help anyone who wants to come here to talk about GB content.

I've just finished listening to the GOTY podcast. Alex saying "we know you do" to Abby repeatedly mentioning she wants Cuphead higher made me laugh

I feel for her a bit. She made a comment that she played Zelda in the period between finishing Uni and starting at Giant Bomb, that really reiterated how young she is. Not even just age as such, just the growth you have once you've been in the "real world" for a while. Fuck knows had my 22 year old self been in that room I'd have been acting the same way trying to get Nier on and Destiny off

Not that I think the criticisms of her invalid, she really needs to learn to take a back seat every now and then, but I wouldn't hold this against her, I suspect in 12 months she'll be a different person (or at Waypoint)

Yeah, Abby made this year's deliberations difficult to listen to because of her sheer inability to formulate an argument in favor of her games outside of "I think it's really good", etc.
I agree, and I'm only up to Best Music in listening through the podcasts. It seems every category she's doing a poor job of reading the room and consistently has a hill to die on without a great argument as to why the other people in the room should switch to her side. "I think it's really good" and "I had a lot of fun" are not great arguments as to why one game should be in the top 3 on a list of many options and I keep hearing her say that over and over again. I'm tired of this same cycle every category.

More than anyone else it seems like she's slowing down the entire process, and not in a good way. I hope with experience and working with the other Giant Bomb guys over time she'll become sharper and more concise in her arguments and criticisms and next year's GOTY deliberations can have a better pace.

I've been catching up on their older stuff, everything with Vinny and Sierra point-and-click adventure games is absolute gold. I didn't really jump into Giant Bomb until the last year or so, starting with their earlier content and gradually working my way up. Heard excellent things about the Persona 4 Endurance Run (I'm not a super-huge fan of the game but I enjoyed my time with Golden).

Child wanted attention. We'll leave this here as a reminder about how to embarass yourself. User was banned for conduct in another thread that was deleted due to its nature.
Wow! I’m happy to see the rumors about NeoGaf are completrly untrue. What a relief. It was disappointing that the first thread I looked at was an apologist thread arguing for a more “fair and balanced” approach to gaming. But at least the Giant Bomb thread hasn’t devolved into complaining about the one woman on staff!

*touches finger to earpiece*

What’s that Jim? It’s full of a bunch of idiots who oscillate between complaining about Abby and talking about how awesome Giant Bomb USED to be?

Oh, okay.

B A N. M E.

Anyone else here dreading the 2018 GOTY talks after the shitshow that last years turned out to be?

Haven’t listemed to new GB much at all this year. Beastcast is embarrassingly safe and too try hard-y with their humor and “bits” while the normal bcast has simply become fucking boring. I miss those hour plus discussions of one specific title. I think the last episode of theirs that was truly great was when they all busted their nut over MGSV.

Anyone else here dreading the 2018 GOTY talks after the shitshow that last years turned out to be?

Haven’t listemed to new GB much at all this year. Beastcast is embarrassingly safe and too try hard-y with their humor and “bits” while the normal bcast has simply become fucking boring. I miss those hour plus discussions of one specific title. I think the last episode of theirs that was truly great was when they all busted their nut over MGSV.
I'm looking forward to it. I know it will be very good and cohesive like last year!
I seriously can't wait until abby leaves.

So I haven't much time this year to watch GB content, coming up to their GOTY what games should I play to make sure I'm up to date? I've played the big stuff (God of War/Red Dead/Spider-Man etc) but what kind of stuff like Yakuza/Nier/DD/Night in the woods will pop up in a few of their top 10 lists?

So I haven't much time this year to watch GB content, coming up to their GOTY what games should I play to make sure I'm up to date? I've played the big stuff (God of War/Red Dead/Spider-Man etc) but what kind of stuff like Yakuza/Nier/DD/Night in the woods will pop up in a few of their top 10 lists?
You'll prob want to check out Dead Cells