• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Giant Bomb |OT1| The real Bomb shelter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Borderlands 3 is better than the first game in every single way.

The discussion about it on the Bombcast is baffling.
I’m not a fan of Borderlands, but Giant Bomb was always gonna shit on it. As sure as the sun coming up tomorrow.

Their hate boner for Randy Pitchford at the moment is out of control and over the top. It could’ve been the game of the generation and they still would have shit on it.

Point'N'Click

Banned
Sep 12, 2019
God Ben's over the top fake laugh about Shenmue 3 on the Bombcast makes me wishes the podcast room would collapse on him.

And as I type this the 3 hr Beastcast has been downloaded by my app. Time to turn this shit off for a real quality podcast.

• LOL
Reactions: brap

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
Also how does Ben make so many disgusting noises with his mouth?

It's bad enough he just has an annoying, deep but somehow pre-puberty voice in general, but half the time he sounds like he's chewing on the inside of his own cheek.

And why does his pitch go up and down with every word.

And why does he start to laugh at every sentence he says as he's saying it?

WHY?
When I first heard his voice it was almost painful to listen to. He sounds like he has a permanent cold or something. He really needs to go to a speech therapist.

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
Is Vinny away or something? Why are they playing some Nancy Drew game instead of Bloodstained?
Haven't we had enough Abby Playdates?

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
I'm not an MGS fella or anything, but... getting kinda tired of listening to Abby shit on a series SHE'S NEVER PLAYED.
I especially hate when she shuts down Dan trying to talk about anything Metal Gear related, but she gets to talk about any stupid game series she wants to. I don't think Dan would ever tell her to stop talking about something.

Reactions: VedderOA and brap

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
how does Ben make so many disgusting noises with his mouth?

Also, after seeing what his partner looks like, I'm not sure if they're a biological female or not. So congrats to them on passing as ambiguous. Mission accomplished.

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
I've cancelled my subscription. After as long as it was possible to pay them, I had to cancel.
As explained few days ago - I've got permanently banned (so no chat, comments of forums for me) for expressing my opinion on Zoe Q when they've discussed it on bombcast. I barely wrote in chat to "please keep it objective since she might not be very trustworthy considering her past and the guy is now dead". I've got warned, asked why, got angry and they permbanned me. For suggesting objectivity on fucking zq topic.... wtf.
I've sent a cbs ticket and it got rerouted to moderation team group email... so the people who banned me. They just said it is my fault for going against the rules and dragged out some old bullshit 1 week ban I've got years ago for commenting on Abby looks or some stupid bullshit. Even if I was a dick it was years ago but not this time.
You get a 2nd chance even in a fucking jail but saying anything against sjw in chat gets You banned for life no questions asked.

Sorry for the rant... I am just so sad it came to this. Getting banned on the internet for objective opinion/stating a fact. And to do that to a 10 years paying customer. I cannot even.
OK. I am starting to repeat myself... What a downer last 2 weeks it has been.

Last edited:
Reactions: JovianLizards

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I especially hate when she shuts down Dan trying to talk about anything Metal Gear related, but she gets to talk about any stupid game series she wants to. I don't think Dan would ever tell her to stop talking about something.
To add to Abby’s list of patheticness. She clearly complained to someone about Dan, because I’ve seen Alex admonish Dan twice now for disagreeing with Abby. “You’re doing that overly dismissive thing again, Dan.”

That’s right. Abby, the most mature and morally courageous cast member runs and cries to her bosses when someone disagrees with her. Like a child. “Mommy, Danny won’t play with me! Waaaah!”.

That’s where he keeps his testicles now.

Reactions: JovianLizards

brap

Jan 9, 2018
To add to Abby’s list of patheticness. She clearly complained to someone about Dan, because I’ve seen Alex admonish Dan twice now for disagreeing with Abby. “You’re doing that overly dismissive thing again, Dan.”
This legitimately pisses me off. They always have to coddle her. Cab't wait until Dan gets sick of it and leaves.

BibleBLACKED

Mar 20, 2017
Dan being a twitch streamer on his own at this point would be a better career choice probably than working with Crybaby Abby.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: brap

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
Dan being a twitch streamer on his own at this point would be a better career choice probably than working with Crybaby Abby.
Dan could probably make more money on Youtube/Patreon at this point than Giant Bomb, and he wouldn't have to put up with Abby. I think he could definitely get a site of his own going.

Reactions: BibleBLACKED

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
I've cancelled my subscription. After as long as it was possible to pay them, I had to cancel.
As explained few days ago - I've got permanently banned (so no chat, comments of forums for me) for expressing my opinion on Zoe Q when they've discussed it on bombcast. I barely wrote in chat to "please keep it objective since she might not be very trustworthy considering her past and the guy is now dead". I've got warned, asked why, got angry and they permbanned me. For suggesting objectivity on fucking zq topic.... wtf.
I've sent a cbs ticket and it got rerouted to moderation team group email... so the people who banned me. They just said it is my fault for going against the rules and dragged out some old bullshit 1 week ban I've got years ago for commenting on Abby looks or some stupid bullshit. Even if I was a dick it was years ago but not this time.
You get a 2nd chance even in a fucking jail but saying anything against sjw in chat gets You banned for life no questions asked.

Sorry for the rant... I am just so sad it came to this. Getting banned on the internet for objective opinion/stating a fact. And to do that to a 10 years paying customer. I cannot even.
OK. I am starting to repeat myself... What a downer last 2 weeks it has been.
It's truly amazing that they banned you for asking them to look at both sides of the story.

People like you, long time fans, are the customers they need, not people who are going to clap like seals for Abby and Ben while pushing them to be more politically correct about everything.

Reactions: rofif and Scopa

Guynamedbilly

Feb 28, 2018
I wonder if you ever got real staff to look at it what their response would be. I'm sure their volunteer mod team is comprised mostly of the same kind of ree scumbag culture police who infiltrated here and big subreddits etc.

Reactions: rofif

Loserwhosbetteroffdead

Formerly 'Sleepy Nocchi'
Jul 7, 2019
I know you’re just joking, but I’m not gonna advocate for getting him fired. As much as I can’t stand the guy.
Let CBSi give him a job in the mail room then, he doesn't deserve to work in front of a camera and microphone. Should I change the petition to "Send Ben Pack to the mail room"? lol

• LOL
Reactions: Scopa and brap

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
I recently listened to an episode of the bombcast without Ben and the jump in quality was amazing. No interrupting conversations with dumb jokes, stories that go no where, painful attempts at describing games, but most of all, no dota discussion. It was still a far cry from the glory days, but it was one of the better episodes I've listened to in a while.

Ghetto_Capitalist

Neo Member
Sep 18, 2019
Upstate NY
Just joined to share my thoughts. I’ve always liked Abby. I think she has a great presence and sense of humor. But, yes, her politics are dog shit and bring the site down because Jeff will allow it for whatever reason. Her Pax thing was just horrible, unnecessary race politics. She’s a privileged white woman, she needs to stfu. It’s insulting to think she feels the need to hand hold people and tell them what’s right and wrong when she’s half a child herself.
Like the Greedfall qp this week, she was using the buzzword “colonialism”. “Ohh is this pro colonialism? .... No? Good”. What if it was? You are going to screech about it? In the same quick look she didn’t even know how to pronounce the word “Maori”. But she’s qualified to tell me what’s right about history and politics?
Vinny backs her up. Jeff doesn’t even try anymore to say one way or the other on any serious issue. Which maybe is fine. But when he has Zoe Quinn sitting on their panel at E3, that’s different than silence. But they trot out diversities for cred, whether the person is qualified or not.
Now, Ben, I’ve only grown to hate him more and more. Sometimes he may be funny but what the fuck does he bring to the table!? No journalism background or connections, he’s fucking gross to even listen to, he’s not funny and then doubles down on it which makes me cringe in my skin. And Jeff just backs him up. Jason has said stuff to him on air. But Jason is sadly not looking great.
I love my GB and I understand things have to change in life period. But the shitty politics and resting on their laurels with shit like letting Ben be an embarrassment, or whatever, is obviously hurting their image to a lot of fans.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
he’s not funny and then doubles down on it which makes me cringe
That obnoxious laugh he does when he makes a “joke” and no one laughs, so he laughs like a hyena to let everyone know he’s a funny guy, makes me want to punch him in the face real hard.

He is literally the dude no social group wants to hang out with in high school. Not even the nerds.

Reactions: Ghetto_Capitalist

Ghetto_Capitalist

Neo Member
Sep 18, 2019
Upstate NY
That obnoxious laugh he does when he makes a “joke” and no one laughs, so he laughs like a hyena to let everyone know he’s a funny guy, makes me want to punch him in the face real hard.

He is literally the dude no social group wants to hang out with in high school. Not even the nerds.
I’ll find myself just mocking the things he says when I listen to the BC in my car. I feel bad for the whole situation with him. But 3 years has been more than enough.

Guynamedbilly

Feb 28, 2018
I always wondered why Jeff hired Ben. Just because he used to be an intern?

There HAD to be better options.
Jeff is lazy too. I'm sure he doesn't feel that way, and maybe all this stuff is out of his control, but even soon after joining CBSi he was complaining about how many meetings they had. He's not really cut out for this management thing.

So when your company is bought and all of a sudden thrust into the middle of a large corporation, all the previous management for that company leaves, the guy that bought you quits, and you are forced to become middle management just to keep from being absorbed by the corporation and your company merged entirely with GameSpot, some things will fall through the cracks. Making just hiring your friends seem like an easy solution.

It's the wrong decision, but when they brought in outside people, they got Abby. That didn't exactly work either. They badly need someone in the recruitment role.

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
Giant bomb would be better off in my opinion by taking the best from the east and west and just going back to one office. A podcast/site with Jeff, Dan, vinny, and a fourth chair would be great. Unfortunately, I cant really think of who'd I want in that fourth chair. Jason and Jan are dead weight. Ben and abby go without saying and Alex is insufferable. That leaves Brad and the other jeff.

Reactions: Hudo

eot

Apr 13, 2012
You know, I wondered whether the fact that Ben started and abandoned the Kingdom Hearts feature would ever be acknowledged. Not that it was worth watching as he clearly didn't give a shit about any of it from the word "go".

Then Jeff made some passive-aggressive comments about it, I think during last week's Bombcast. Ben proceeded to nervously laugh and look down. That was good. More of that, Jeff.
I just listened to this, pretty savage

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
Let CBSi give him a job in the mail room then, he doesn't deserve to work in front of a camera and microphone. Should I change the petition to "Send Ben Pack to the mail room"? lol
I think that's largely the problem with Ben and Abby. Ben should be off doing reviews and news and stay off camera, and Abby should be in the booth doing what they hired her for, production.

They both get waaaaaay too much camera time.

Reactions: Hudo

Hudo

Jul 26, 2018
Giant bomb would be better off in my opinion by taking the best from the east and west and just going back to one office. A podcast/site with Jeff, Dan, vinny, and a fourth chair would be great. Unfortunately, I cant really think of who'd I want in that fourth chair. Jason and Jan are dead weight. Ben and abby go without saying and Alex is insufferable. That leaves Brad and the other jeff.
This would probably make me come back to GB. (Or I would at least give GB another try).

Rei no Otaku

Jul 4, 2008
Cranston, RI
This legitimately pisses me off. They always have to coddle her. Cab't wait until Dan gets sick of it and leaves.
It made a lot of that RE4 playthrough unbearable. Just because she was able to brute force her way through it you would think she was some kind of savant the way they fawned over her. I understand why. If you look at any times she gets criticized on the site, she blows up. She cannot handle even an ounce of criticism. That time she started cursing at Vinny over his opinions on God of War is a prime example.
I always wondered why Jeff hired Ben. Just because he used to be an intern?

There HAD to be better options.
Ben will never leave. Abby will almost definitely move on. She's only there for the easy paycheck, experience, and she likes being in front of the camera. Once she gets an opportunity to get a job as a comedian or an actor she is gone. She doesn't give a shit about video games. Ben will be there until that site shuts down. Jeff didn't want another Austin situation where he hires someone, they get some fame, and another site poaches him. Who is going to take Ben?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
In episode #2556 of dumb n cringey shit Abby said...

The setup: Podcast guest Mike Mahardy is talking about a dumb thing he did in a game and he says “I don’t have a shame bone in my body”, referring to the fact that he’s not ashamed at doing a dumb thing in a game.

Meanwhile Abby loudly interrupts (her most useful skill) and proclaims “I don’t have a shame bone, but I have shame skin.”

Now, I’d like to give her the benefit of the doubt that maybe she was making a funny about the fact she’s pale and pasty as fuck and gets sunburnt easily, therefore “shame skin”, but taking into account the fact she is a brainless and obnoxious young person that constantly virtue-signals and parrots political opinions she reads on Twitter, I’m leaning towards “shame skin” referring to her being ashamed to be white.

Oct 14, 2010
Without actually listening to the podcast to know exactly how it was said (because lol fuck that) it sounds like she's making a joke about just being generally awkward or having anxiety. Like the common phrase "not feeling comfortable in your own skin" / shame skin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.