• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Giant Bomb |OT1| The real Bomb shelter

Status
Not open for further replies.

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
I mean really, can we all agree on that gays throughout history have gone through a lot worse than chik fukin Fil A’s Christianity?

I mean really. This shit shouldn’t even be an issue with people.

And yet they stick with it like like retards and it’s like “congrats, you’re missing out on the best chicken sandwiches of all time. You dumb fuck.”

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I mean really, can we all agree on that gays throughout history have gone through a lot worse than chik fukin Fil A’s Christianity?

I mean really. This shit shouldn’t even be an issue with people.

And yet they stick with it like like retards and it’s like “congrats, you’re missing out on the best chicken sandwiches of all time. You dumb fuck.”
We don’t have it here in Oz :(

Hudo

Jul 26, 2018
Out of curiosity... Do we know whether Alex Navarro has actually seen Evangelion (Any movie or any epsiode)? Looking at this (rather unfunny) spin on the title of the theme song he's chosen as is Twitter name...
Or is he being a pseudo-nerd again?

brap

Jan 9, 2018
Playing steam game for adults on stream for adults who paid money and still censoring it
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T SHOW BOOBS THEY'RE FUCKING GROSS AND SEXIST AND DEGRADING

Zaffo

Feb 11, 2018
Playing steam game for adults on stream for adults who paid money and still censoring it
Watching all of them going from laughing at the trailer and joking around, to an uncomfortable grimace when actual boobs are shown on screen was a blessing.

Revolutionary

Sep 13, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Meanwhile, Genital Jousting and Mount Your Friends are a-ok for the fellas over at GB West. But digitized nipples? CENSOR IT ALL

Reactions: brap

Spukc

Jan 24, 2015
i have the idea that some of you guys keep listening giant bomb
only cause they used to be a lot better,

like in some fucked up hatefuck relationship

not sure if i am part of this group but i sure am getting more and more annoyed by them

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind

not sure if i am part of this group but i sure am getting more and more annoyed by them
I’ve explained before, I listen because I follow the teachings of the great Sun Tzu.

E.g. Know your enemy

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Spukc

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019

Well, yeah, go back to any of their older content and they're different people basically. I still enjoy the Vinnyvania stuff, especially when Abby isn't there and some Playdates here and there. It really was a completely different website even just four or five years back. I don't obsessively hate these people, some of them are just super irritating people who shouldn't be there and the old crew has gone soft.

Reactions: BibleBLACKED

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
What the hell is wrong with these people? I just watched the segment, and yeah, they censored it. Also, why are they all acting like twelve year old's when looking at naked women? They all look super uncomfortable watching that segment. What do they do around their wives/girlfriends, put their hands over their eyes? Why is liking breasts a bad thing for these people? They all look ashamed for even seeing this game. They act like puritans anytime a game gets even remotely sexy.

BibleBLACKED

Mar 20, 2017
Some of the comments under the video are as patethic as them censoring the nudity itself. Giant Bomb at this point truly is like the shitty sjw crowd they are courting nowadays.

Reactions: JovianLizards

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
What the hell is wrong with these people? I just watched the segment, and yeah, they censored it. Also, why are they all acting like twelve year old's when looking at naked women? They all look super uncomfortable watching that segment. What do they do around their wives/girlfriends, put their hands over their eyes? Why is liking breasts a bad thing for these people? They all look ashamed for even seeing this game. They act like puritans anytime a game gets even remotely sexy.
My theory is that they desperately want to be able to talk and enjoy these games, but as soon as these scenes come up, they freeze and are afraid of being seen as "enjoying" this "problematic content" by the mentally ill folks who would tear them limb from limb for not kowtowing to their personal whims/views. So they try to act as grossed out and uncomfortable as possible.

Or they are whipped little cunts.

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
My theory is that they desperately want to be able to talk and enjoy these games, but as soon as these scenes come up, they freeze and are afraid of being seen as "enjoying" this "problematic content" by the mentally ill folks who would tear them limb from limb for not kowtowing to their personal whims/views. So they try to act as grossed out and uncomfortable as possible.

Or they are whipped little cunts.
I don't know man, I bet Brad and Ben had to go home and apologize to their "partners" for seeing those bad, bad naughty bits. Ben looked like he was going to faint.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Zaffo

Hudo

Jul 26, 2018
I like boobs and I like Code Vein (fuck urinalists who gave the game a bad score because "mah sexualized depiction of women. I'm an ally!")

Game is dope, btw.

Aug 24, 2012
Even the usual cheerleaders in the GB comments section are taking them to task for being a bunch of fucking weirdos about nudity. Destroying a human body and celebrating gibs and viscera - A-OK :messenger_ok: but showing a human body in it's natural state? Scandalous! Lewd! For shame!

Just another UPF for me to ignore I guess. God dammit GB.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I think the main issue with the UPF blocking out that is that apparently A LOT of people watch GB with their kids (emails over the last couple of years have shown this to be true) so they are blocking that stuff in a pre-emptive way so they can't really get in any trouble (who the hell is letting their kids watch GB content is beyond me, I would never let me kid hear or watch that stuff until they were mature enough, but again, a lot of people totally think allowing a 3 year old watch GB content is totally acceptable).

The other issue , and this is my main issue with it is, that its such garbage tier steam trash that is only showing that so it can be "controversial". I guarantee no actual talent went into the making of that game. It was purely based on "lets make its as bad as we can, so it can be "ironically" streamed and morons will also buy it "ironically". Giant Bomb should be better than allowing such low quality trash on their premium content. That's my main issue. Also it really does showcase the fact that GB literally doesn't actually do any amount of prep for UPF. A causal glance at 3:04 (because heaven forbid they actually stream on time) on steam to randomly select a game that looks like it'll get them views, and off to the races they go.

Reactions: rofif

Zaffo

Feb 11, 2018
The show is called "unprofessional" fridays, it fine if it's unscripted and they laugh at bad games, that's the point.
However acting like a bunch of male feminists when a nipple appears on screen, sucks all the energy out of the air.

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
I am rewatching most content since the beginning which I've not done in 11 years.
I am on 2010 now. 2008 and 09 were amazing. The site energy, randomness and humor were amazing. The number of single player games and their quality was great too. No steam trash, no lootbox trash. Just normal games and some AA shooters on consoles.
The 2008 goty podcast is great. Their enthusiasm for both gta iv and mgs4 among other games is stunning and really captures what people felt about those games originally on their consoles.
I still stand by my opinion that GTA IV s amazing and one of best games ever. It was absolutely shocking how good it was when it came out in 2008 on consoles. The graphics, physics, story, city... Just amazing. Only the pc version later turned the opinion on the game into shit because the port was and still is shit. it is supposed to be played at 720p with that blur (dof). Pc version looked very jaggy, ran terribly and controlled like ass. I still prefer the 360 original version. Even the colors are deeper. Also Gears of war 2, Deamon souls, mgs4, year later uncharted 2... no wonder the site was great.
Hearing Brad being enthusiastic about a game is something I've forgot... and Ryan! That beautiful man.
I really forgot how Jeff and the team loved GTA IV. Later people started hating it for whatever reason just like mgs4 and bioshock infinite. I never understood that.

Last edited:

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014
I am rewatching most content since the beginning which I've not done in 11 years.
I am on 2010 now. 2008 and 09 were amazing. The site energy, randomness and humor were amazing. The number of single player games and their quality was great too. No steam trash, no lootbox trash. Just normal games and some AA shooters on consoles.
The 2008 goty podcast is great. Their enthusiasm for both gta iv and mgs4 among other games is stunning and really captures what people felt about those games originally on their consoles.
I still stand by my opinion that GTA IV s amazing and one of best games ever. It was absolutely shocking how good it was when it came out in 2008 on consoles. The graphics, physics, story, city... Just amazing. Only the pc version later turned the opinion on the game into shit because the port was and still is shit. it is supposed to be played at 720p with that blur (dof). Pc version looked very jaggy, ran terribly and controlled like ass. I still prefer the 360 original version. Even the colors are deeper. Also Gears of war 2, Deamon souls, mgs4, year later uncharted 2... no wonder the site was great.
Hearing Brad being enthusiastic about a game is something I've forgot... and Ryan! That beautiful man.
I really forgot how Jeff and the team loved GTA IV. Later people started hating it for whatever reason just like mgs4 and bioshock infinite. I never understood that.
To be fair, GTA4 still runs like shit on PC, but on xbox one x it's a dream!

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
I think the main issue with the UPF blocking out that is that apparently A LOT of people watch GB with their kids (emails over the last couple of years have shown this to be true) so they are blocking that stuff in a pre-emptive way so they can't really get in any trouble (who the hell is letting their kids watch GB content is beyond me, I would never let me kid hear or watch that stuff until they were mature enough, but again, a lot of people totally think allowing a 3 year old watch GB content is totally acceptable).

The other issue , and this is my main issue with it is, that its such garbage tier steam trash that is only showing that so it can be "controversial". I guarantee no actual talent went into the making of that game. It was purely based on "lets make its as bad as we can, so it can be "ironically" streamed and morons will also buy it "ironically". Giant Bomb should be better than allowing such low quality trash on their premium content. That's my main issue. Also it really does showcase the fact that GB literally doesn't actually do any amount of prep for UPF. A causal glance at 3:04 (because heaven forbid they actually stream on time) on steam to randomly select a game that looks like it'll get them views, and off to the races they go.
Forget the swearing and the jugs, no three year old should be exposed to Ben Pack. That will scar them for life.

brap

Jan 9, 2018

So Genital Jousting is ok but showing bare breasts isn't? I guess that's how these people think. A bunch of cocks raping each other is fine but a women showing her natural body is bad.

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
I really hope the RE2 remake gets the attention it deserves come GOTY. So many great games came out early this year and this one in particular is just so fucking awesome. Quite simply some of the best if not the best map system and inventory management systems ever.

Zaffo

Feb 11, 2018
So Genital Jousting is ok but showing bare breasts isn't? I guess that's how these people think. A bunch of cocks raping each other is fine but a women showing her natural body is bad.
One is progressive family friendly fun, like those sweet trans whaman who teach small kids how to twerk and put on vulgar make up, the other is male CIS propaganda that not only enables the male gaze but can also brainwash kids into being attracted to the opposite gender.

You can be the judge of what it's safer to watch for a young adult who is developing his sessuality.

Last edited:

Ghetto_Capitalist

Neo Member
Sep 18, 2019
Upstate NY
I really don't get it. Other than points we know - Jeff has lost the fire the site used to have. I was certainly not complaining about the Tender Loving Care. But a certain somebody wasn't around the East at that time.
We don't get a Prime Jeff or say Greg Miller often. Ben wants to try but sucks. And now they offer scared shi t like this, worrying it will offend people who want censorship because they're disgusted by what they see in the mirror and project it outward as other's problem.

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019
Seriously. I did not like Horizon Zero Dawn but fucking cmon Dream Daddy because Abby asks for it?!
I think the worst part of that whole thing was everyone shitting on Dan for questioning it in the most diplomatic way possible.

It isn't without precedent though - wasn't it a year or two before where they put Invisible Inc on the list just because Austin yelled the loudest, but not a single other person on the staff had even played the game? Less offensively stupid on paper, but same concept.

Reactions: rofif

Ghetto_Capitalist

Neo Member
Sep 18, 2019
Upstate NY

Sure, put warnings up. But I’d enjoy watching them play trash games for my amusement. It opened Jeff up to talking about personal Ron Jeremy stories. I won’t argue that they should or the old them would have been fearless, because it’s not a strong argument to make. But it does lead me away from them pussy footing, to want to see others who are willing to take risks with stuff.

Aug 24, 2012
There's nothing to watch or get excited about either. Currently all of their weeky features are fucking boring. I haven't watched a single thing of theirs for almost two weeks.

rickyEGM

Aug 29, 2019
Just joined to share my thoughts. I’ve always liked Abby. I think she has a great presence and sense of humor. But, yes, her politics are dog shit and bring the site down because Jeff will allow it for whatever reason. Her Pax thing was just horrible, unnecessary race politics. She’s a privileged white woman, she needs to stfu. It’s insulting to think she feels the need to hand hold people and tell them what’s right and wrong when she’s half a child herself.
/QUOTE]
Yeah her constant barrage of poop, fart, queef, and "I HAVE A VAGINA AND LOVE TO TALK ABOUT GROSS STUFF I'M ONE OF THE BOYS HEHEHE" jokes really hammer home her great sense of humor...

Her nonstop political and sjw shit is unbearable, but her sense of humor is just as bad. There's nothing redeeming about her.

Reactions: Scopa

Rei no Otaku

Jul 4, 2008
Cranston, RI
I think the worst part of that whole thing was everyone shitting on Dan for questioning it in the most diplomatic way possible.

It isn't without precedent though - wasn't it a year or two before where they put Invisible Inc on the list just because Austin yelled the loudest, but not a single other person on the staff had even played the game? Less offensively stupid on paper, but same concept.
At least Austin finished the game he was championing and knows how to string together a cohesive thought. Abby just wanted Dream Daddy on there because it was "really good." Even though she had never even finished the game.

Their whole GOTY system is broken. It too heavily favors the two or three wicked stubborn people in the room which leads to the bottom being full of random BS like Dream Daddy, and the top being some weak selection that no one really hates but they also don't really feel that strongly about.

rickyEGM

Aug 29, 2019
At least Austin finished the game he was championing and knows how to string together a cohesive thought. Abby just wanted Dream Daddy on there because it was "really good." Even though she had never even finished the game.

Their whole GOTY system is broken. It too heavily favors the two or three wicked stubborn people in the room which leads to the bottom being full of random BS like Dream Daddy, and the top being some weak selection that no one really hates but they also don't really feel that strongly about.
Yeah those two are pretty different scenarios to me. Austin was speaking passionately, in-depth, and constructing real convincing arguments on why he thought the game belonged on the top 10 goty list. I could buy his reasoning and was fine with it making it on.

You hit Abby's argument on the head perfectly, her entire reasoning was, "ummm.... it's like... really good." Actually that's pretty much all she said about every game, when she wasn't reeing that God Of War and Nier Automata were anti woman.

And one more thing, at least Invisible Inc was a real game. Dream Daddy???????????? FUCK OFF ABBY.

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019
Yeah those two are pretty different scenarios to me. Austin was speaking passionately, in-depth, and constructing real convincing arguments on why he thought the game belonged on the top 10 goty list. I could buy his reasoning and was fine with it making it on.

You hit Abby's argument on the head perfectly, her entire reasoning was, "ummm.... it's like... really good." Actually that's pretty much all she said about every game, when she wasn't reeing that God Of War and Nier Automata were anti woman.

And one more thing, at least Invisible Inc was a real game. Dream Daddy???????????? FUCK OFF ABBY.
Ricky I said Austin's pick was less offensively stupid so please don't question me in public like this just call me so we can talk it out like gentlemen.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I knew not to take their GOTY opinions seriously the year Jeff G kept pushing that stupid one-button fighting game (Dropkick or whateverthefuck) because his friends made it and his CoD/dudebro brain thought it was hilarious and awesome.

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
You guys should check out the comment section on the latest Bombcast. The tide is turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.