• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Giant Bomb |OT1| The real Bomb shelter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaffo

Feb 11, 2018
The guy actually plays games and can argument commentary based on his own opinions, has a dirty sense of humor and plays well off Vinny and Dan.
What's there to not like?

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
The guy actually plays games and can argument commentary based on his own opinions, has a dirty sense of humor and plays well off Vinny and Dan.
What's there to not like?
He seems ok to me so far. I’m just wary that Abby seems to crush on him because she’s an idiot and a raving SJW lunatic, so it makes me wonder. Time will tell.

I don’t know anything about him. He’s a Gamespot guy, right? Weird that they just slid him in with no explanation.

Sep 18, 2019
Upstate NY
Article about Ellen being a CIA asset. Abby has tweeted around the controversy recently. Just checking to read her and Ben’s most recent tweets is really disgusting how they act defensively and shut out everything else. Chinese company Tencent recently invested $150 mil in Reddit. We see how they’re influence is going. #FreeChina

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
He seems ok to me so far. I’m just wary that Abby seems to crush on him because she’s an idiot and a raving SJW lunatic, so it makes me wonder. Time will tell.

I don’t know anything about him. He’s a Gamespot guy, right? Weird that they just slid him in with no explanation.
Abby likes him because he will never ever criticize her for her stupidity. He's a "nice guy". He has no balls, like all of the dudes around her.

Also, yeah, have they said why Mike's on so much of their content? I like the dude, but I don't know why he's on Burgle my Bananas instead of Alex. It's weird that he is on so much, Gamespot must not have much work for him.

Aug 24, 2012
Mike is great. You guys should check out his Resident Kinevil content with Mary Kish. When they're playing Resident Evil 5 co-op they go off-script and get extremely pissy with each other to the point where Mary starts calling him an "asshole" amongst other things, and Mike refuses to heal her in the boss fight until she apologizes to which she refuses.

Time stamped.

rickyEGM

Aug 29, 2019
Mike seems kinda cool minus his cucky comments on guns during the podcast. I wish he could replace Abby.

Last edited:
Reactions: TexMex

Rei no Otaku

Jul 4, 2008
Cranston, RI
Abby likes him because he will never ever criticize her for her stupidity. He's a "nice guy". He has no balls, like all of the dudes around her.

Also, yeah, have they said why Mike's on so much of their content? I like the dude, but I don't know why he's on Burgle my Bananas instead of Alex. It's weird that he is on so much, Gamespot must not have much work for him.
Mike moved to the east coast to be closer to his family. Since there's no other Gamespot people out there he does a lot of content with GB East.

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
Mike is great. You guys should check out his Resident Kinevil content with Mary Kish. When they're playing Resident Evil 5 co-op they go off-script and get extremely pissy with each other to the point where Mary starts calling him an "asshole" amongst other things, and Mike refuses to heal her in the boss fight until she apologizes to which she refuses.

Time stamped.

That was intense and awkward. Not sure how you can make Mary angry without being an asshole.

Abby seems to reeeeeeeally like him. That sets off alarm bells for me.
Abby pretends to be bi, but we all know what's really going on.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
And that he is visually and audibly repulsive.
Wow. Did you really say that? I can’t stand the dude, but I wouldn’t Tweet at him that he’s fugly. Unless he insulted me directly first.

I’m sure he knows already.

He can’t do much about the face, but he could at least hire a speech therapist and try not to sound so fucking repulsive. He puts in zero effort. Everytime he says “shhhhcreeeeen” instead of “screen”, I want to murder puppies.

Noboru Wataya

Bored at work, horned up to the gills
Jul 8, 2016
Northern Ireland, UK
He was being an insufferable prick on twitter, and flaunting his holier than thou attitude. I am not his fan nor his friend, but, up until recently, I was a paying subscriber.

I refuse to pay in to his (and hers) wage. After he started taking shots at the audience I thought it best to offer him information on why I left, maybe he gets off his very high horse and understands that being an on-screen Internet personality requires SOME sort of effort.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Omg, listening to Alex and Vinny go on about the Blizzard/China/Hong Kong controversy is hilarious.

“Seeing corporations cower.”

“In America, we are used to being able to express our political opinions.”

Etc, etc.

Statements like these coming out of the mouths of two people who have done their best to encourage political censorship in their own country is astounding.

I hate using internet buzz-phrases, but the cognitive dissonance with these two dimwits is off the charts.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
For a company that primarily puts out content that focuses on audio and talking.... It baffles me on a near daily basis that they hired someone who can't go one sentence without misspeaking, stopping and having to stumble through it. How do you hire someone to talk when they clearly can't well?!

Man, I actually was enjoying UPF until they stopped playing video games and Dave showed up. It's not like they don't play enough games as is, now we have to suffer through a 30 min segment to get through some stupid top 10 list.

Last edited:

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
For a company that primarily puts out content that focuses on audio and talking.... It baffles me on a near daily basis that they hired someone who can't go one sentence without misspeaking, stopping and having to stumble through it. How do you hire someone to talk when they clearly can't well?!

Man, I actually was enjoying UPF until they stopped playing video games and Dave showed up. It's not like they don't play enough games as is, now we have to suffer through a 30 min segment to get through some stupid top 10 list.
Ha, I'm the opposite, I got sooo bored of them playing nonsense that Business Dave was a refreshing interlude.

Yeah, the Ben hire only makes sense if you think of it as Jeff taking quantity over quality. Ben is going to die at his desk most likely.

Reactions: ElKabong

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
Omg, listening to Alex and Vinny go on about the Blizzard/China/Hong Kong controversy is hilarious.

“Seeing corporations cower.”

“In America, we are used to being able to express our political opinions.”

Etc, etc.

Statements like these coming out of the mouths of two people who have done their best to encourage political censorship in their own country is astounding.

I hate using internet buzz-phrases, but the cognitive dissonance with these two dimwits is off the charts.
You certainly can't express your opinions on Giant Bomb, that's for sure.

Reactions: Ghetto_Capitalist

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
Watching the latest Six Crazy Frights and Vinny asks Abby if she's seen Total Recall. And her response: "I don't know what that is."

Her lack of knowledge about anything older than 15 years is annoying as fuck.
Really? Some of my favorite movies were made almost 15 years before I was even born, and I grew up without the convenience of being able to look up things on the internet for the first third of my life.

Zaffo

Feb 11, 2018
Putting the girl that doesn't play videogames in front of a horror game for them crazy reactions, it's sooooooooo 2010 contet.
But i guess you cant blame them for trying, Pewdiepie eventually became the most popular youtube off that shit.

Last edited:

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Putting the girl that doesn't play videogames in front of a horror game for them crazy reactions, it's sooooooooo 2010 contet.
But i guess you cant blame them for trying, Pewdiepie eventually became the most popular youtube off that shit.
Remember when Klipklop did it? And it was fucking premium content? Looks like it's not anymore

eot

Apr 13, 2012
Really? Some of my favorite movies were made almost 15 years before I was even born, and I grew up without the convenience of being able to look up things on the internet for the first third of my life.
There was also the recent remake

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
Watching the latest Six Crazy Frights and Vinny asks Abby if she's seen Total Recall. And her response: "I don't know what that is."

Her lack of knowledge about anything older than 15 years is annoying as fuck.
How the hell do you not know what Total Recall is? I can see her not having seen it, but it's such a popular classic film that it's amazing that she hasn't at least heard of it. I think she's said before that she hasn't even seen the original Ghostbusters or the Indiana Jones movies. What is it with her and Dan being film students and not having seen any movies?

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
How the hell do you not know what Total Recall is? I can see her not having seen it, but it's such a popular classic film that it's amazing that she hasn't at least heard of it. I think she's said before that she hasn't even seen the original Ghostbusters or the Indiana Jones movies. What is it with her and Dan being film students and not having seen any movies?
I've got a business degree and I think I probably know more about movies and movie making then the two of them combined. 😂

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Anyone interested in creating a new Giant Bomb thread for the rebooted Communities area? Doesn't need to be anything fancy.

rickyEGM

Aug 29, 2019
Anyone interested in creating a new Giant Bomb thread for the rebooted Communities area? Doesn't need to be anything fancy.
Can we just transfer this one? Not that it really matters I guess. Just a lot of great memories in this thread. Damnit I promised myself I wasn't gonna cry again.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Can we just transfer this one? Not that it really matters I guess. Just a lot of great memories in this thread. Damnit I promised myself I wasn't gonna cry again.
You'll always be able to read this one in the archive area. A fresh start will help with activity and eyeballs.

Sep 18, 2019
Upstate NY
I’m new to forum stuff, but I’d gladly follow along to a new thread.
So what games have you fools been playing? I completed 99% of Borderlands 3 single player and it was very good. I dither between 3 1/2 4 stars due to having to restart the game from broken npc’s and quests a handful of times. Mission and world structure falls over itself a bit. But it gives you a totally solid amount of content and the shooting is really good.
And I breezed through Man of Medan. I missed 1 qte and it killed a character and it emotionally devested me.
So now I’m waiting on GameFly for Control and Greedfall hopefully. Hoping Outer Worlds can deliver.

Reactions: bad

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
So what games have you fools been playing? I completed 99% of Borderlands 3 single player and it was very good. I dither between 3 1/2 4 stars due to having to restart the game from broken npc’s and quests a handful of times. Mission and world structure falls over itself a bit. But it gives you a totally solid amount of content and the shooting is really good.
And I breezed through Man of Medan. I missed 1 qte and it killed a character and it emotionally devested me.
So now I’m waiting on GameFly for Control and Greedfall hopefully. Hoping Outer Worlds can deliver.
Not really GB related, but since you asked. I’m balls deep in Dragon Quest XI on Switch at the moment. It’s great.

Reactions: Ghetto_Capitalist

BarmyDodger

Neo Member
Aug 15, 2018
I'm playing Dragon Quest 11 on Switch and still playing DMC 5 over and over. That game is too much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.