• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT1| The real Bomb shelter

h00ters

Jul 17, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
You can flick through the thread. I’ve mentioned examples before.
I did as you suggested and aside form one reference to Dan paying the musicians at the bar (a fairly bland story which you seemed to draw a myriad of conclusions from) you haven't really referenced any direct examples that relate to anything. With regards to Jeff, you don't seem to like his hires over the past few years (I agree by the way) and the fact that he likes COD. I'll be the first to admit, the tone of GiantBomb has changed compared to say 5 years ago (for the worse), but to say that Jeff likes to hitch his wagon to every SJW topic is just wrong. If anything, I'd criticise him for being too quiet most of the time. The old Jeff was loud and in your face, the new Jeff just seems depressed and disinterested most of the time.

Again (and I feel I need to do this too often these days), I'm by no means a lefty. I'd put myself centre/slightly centre right (as I see you're an Aussie, I voted for the Libs), but I think the cultural divide between an "Us vs. them" mentality, and calling out everything we slightly don't agree with as being SJW propaganda is getting out of hand. Much like the left will declare anything that doesn't fit in with their agenda as being "bigoted, fascist, misogynistic etc."

Reactions: DangerStepp

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I did as you suggested and aside form one reference to Dan paying the musicians at the bar (a fairly bland story which you seemed to draw a myriad of conclusions from) you haven't really referenced any direct examples that relate to anything.
The story was about Ben. Shows the level of attention you put into perusing my posts. I didn’t draw any conclusions. The story speaks for itself. It just emphasises how much of a cuck weakling Ben is. Change my mind.

Two pages back btw:
Personally, I’m getting sick and tired how they gleefully go about character assassinating someone in the games industry whilst on their high horse.

The last few weeks it’s been Randy Pitchford. Previously it’s been David Cage. It’s always someone. They seem to revel in it. It’s disgusting, honestly. So fucking unprofessional. They literally call for the person to be cast aside by the industry in both of the above cases.

The arrogance. These revolting, pudgy miserable cunts can seriously fuck off with this shit.

With regards to Jeff, you don't seem to like his hires over the past few years (I agree by the way) and the fact that he likes COD.
Of course I don’t like them. One of them looks like Herman Munster with Down Syndrome with a voice that would curdle milk and who likes to preach down to people more intelligent than himself and one is an obnoxious airhead who knows sweet fuck all about games/gaming history and yet thinks she is the most informed person in the room.

Please, “the fact he likes COD”. No. I am not upset he likes COD, I am dumbfounded that he shits on the majority of critically acclaimed games just because he likes to be a contrarian whilst at the same time talking about an update to the latest COD ad nauseum. He doesn’t shut up about COD. He brings it up in practically every podcast. Not to mention championing the most ridiculously pointless games like mobile clickers and that stupid one button kicking game. He’s a fucking dumb arse dudebro masquerading as a gamer.

I'll be the first to admit, the tone of GiantBomb has changed compared to say 5 years ago (for the worse), but to say that Jeff likes to hitch his wagon to every SJW topic is just wrong. If anything, I'd criticise him for being too quiet most of the time. The old Jeff was loud and in your face, the new Jeff just seems depressed and disinterested most of the time.
I never said “every SJW topic”. Again, here you are not paying attention when it suits your agenda.

As for him being depressed and disinterested, spot on. Everyone is aware of this.

Again (and I feel I need to do this too often these days), I'm by no means a lefty. I'd put myself centre/slightly centre right (as I see you're an Aussie, I voted for the Libs), but I think the cultural divide between an "Us vs. them" mentality, and calling out everything we slightly don't agree with as being SJW propaganda is getting out of hand. Much like the left will declare anything that doesn't fit in with their agenda as being "bigoted, fascist, misogynistic etc."
I couldn’t give a stuff where you lie politically. I use my own eyes and ears and I could see clear as day when Giant Bomb made the concious decision to cave and start pandering to the SJW outrage mob, to their own detriment.

“Slightly don’t agree”? Fuck no. I completely disagree with their opinions and recent direction. When I get some fat dudebro, a balding emo, some cuck monster and an ugly and unintelligent feminist talking down to and lecturing me, it goes beyond “slightly don’t agree with”.

I don’t expect you to agree with me, but don’t try to tell me I’m wrong because I am very fucking far from wrong.

bad

Nov 5, 2013
New York
The story was about Ben. Shows the level of attention you put into perusing my posts. I didn’t draw any conclusions. The story speaks for itself. It just emphasises how much of a cuck weakling Ben is. Change my mind.

Two pages back btw:

Of course I don’t like them. One of them looks like Herman Munster with Down Syndrome with a voice that would curdle milk and who likes to preach down to people more intelligent than himself and one is an obnoxious airhead who knows sweet fuck all about games/gaming history and yet thinks she is the most informed person in the room.

Please, “the fact he likes COD”. No. I am not upset he likes COD, I am dumbfounded that he shits on the majority of critically acclaimed games just because he likes to be a contrarian whilst at the same time talking about an update to the latest COD ad nauseum. He doesn’t shut up about COD. He brings it up in practically every podcast. Not to mention championing the most ridiculously pointless games like mobile clickers and that stupid one button kicking game. He’s a fucking dumb arse dudebro masquerading as a gamer.

I never said “every SJW topic”. Again, here you are not paying attention when it suits your agenda.

As for him being depressed and disinterested, spot on. Everyone is aware of this.

I couldn’t give a stuff where you lie politically. I use my own eyes and ears and I could see clear as day when Giant Bomb made the concious decision to cave and start pandering to the SJW outrage mob, to their own detriment.

“Slightly don’t agree”? Fuck no. I completely disagree with their opinions and recent direction. When I get some fat dudebro, a balding emo, some cuck monster and an ugly and unintelligent feminist talking down to and lecturing me, it goes beyond “slightly don’t agree with”.

I don’t expect you to agree with me, but don’t try to tell me I’m wrong because I am very fucking far from wrong.
Who’s the balding emo?

DangerStepp

Sep 14, 2007
Thank God the E3 news brought a change up to the podcast this week. The week before was a clunker. Jeff sounded worn out or like he had seen a dead body.

Shy Fingers

Banned
Aug 3, 2011
Basically, before I get attacked, I love GBEast, regular GBwest can go away. I literally use the tuesday podcast to fall asleep to

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
Basically, before I get attacked, I love GBEast, regular GBwest can go away. I literally use the tuesday podcast to fall asleep to
GBeast is solid as fuck. The whole gang over there plays off each other so well.

I also love how much Abby pisses off these manbabies.

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Abby is a fucking retard with 0 personality. A dumbfuck self centered millenial stereotype that people hate with good reason. She needs to shut her mouth and stick to playing with her lego watch and toy cars.
bUt sHe tRiGgErS ThE MaNbAbIeS

Last edited:

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
You seem mad too.
Smoldering.

Let's try to tie the thread together instead of bickering. Here's a clip featuring all the hot topics; Randy Pitchford, outrage, The emo fuck, man babies, everyones favorite gamer girl Abby Russell, orgasms, Gbeast being awesome, snowflakes, and masturbation.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
This came up after watching the last clip. I don't get the outrage. My only take aways are that Ben is still terrible, Jeff is still funny "slight of hand," Jason is still quiet, but his one liners are great, and that Randy Pitchford is an idiot. What's there to get mad about? Unless there is another clip?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
This came up after watching the last clip. I don't get the outrage. My only take aways are that Ben is still terrible, Jeff is still funny "slight of hand," Jason is still quiet, but his one liners are great, and that Randy Pitchford is an idiot. What's there to get mad about? Unless there is another clip?

Which one of you is Abby?

• LOL
Reactions: KingMoron and brap

KingMoron

Dec 10, 2018
The one with the terrible hair, and thinks they are the first person to discover Bjork (Prob has never heard if the Sugarcubes either)

Peak Giant Bomb was the Rogue Warrior quick look. It was all downhill from there.

Reactions: Scopa

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
So. You don't want to have a conversation at all do you? I listened to that clip because it made you feel terrible inside and i wanted to listen to what caused you so much pain. After listening to it I'm flabbergasted. Where does the outrage come from? Why does it make you so mad?

KingMoron

Dec 10, 2018
So. You don't want to have a conversation at all do you? I listened to that clip because it made you feel terrible inside and i wanted to listen to what caused you so much pain. After listening to it I'm flabbergasted. Where does the outrage come from? Why does it make you so mad?
Shouldn't you be playing Dream Daddy?

DangerStepp

Sep 14, 2007
It's a little childish and not very constructive to bash the person you don't like.

It's within your right to not like someone but ripping on their appearance and such discredits your arguments and no one will take you seriously.

Try thinking a little more critically about it. For instance: "Abby is fine, however, I do find her lack of industry insight and breadth of video gaming knowledge a little irritating being that she's front a center for most of the site's content."

See how that focuses more on the issue at hand and isn't as mean?

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
It's a little childish and not very constructive to bash the person you don't like.

It's within your right to not like someone but ripping on their appearance and such discredits your arguments and no one will take you seriously.

Try thinking a little more critically about it. For instance: "Abby is fine, however, I do find her lack of industry insight and breadth of video gaming knowledge a little irritating being that she's front a center for most of the site's content."

Abby isn't fine though. Why lie?

Reactions: Scopa and KingMoron

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind

Nah mate. Once they started unfairly ridiculing people with different opinions, the gloves are off. They don’t hold back, so why should I?

Stating facts is not mean. It’s facts.

They work in a visual and aural medium.

Ben looks and sounds hideous.

Abby has a face like a bucket of smashed crabs.

They both have arrogant and uninformed opinions learnt from social media educations which they incessantly preach on instead of talking about games.

Facts.

Be obnoxious and idiotic publically, expect blowback.

SamFo

Neo Member
May 13, 2015
I’m still just disappointed that the crew has clearly lost the passion for doing this.

The new blood hasn’t really re energised the place. A few attempts at new features early, and then nothing.

I can’t even remember the last time that I felt like any of them were really passionate about... the concept of video games?

I can’t remember the last time giant bomb seemed like they were truly having fun in anything actually. Just forced laughter at Garfield jokes.

Also.... enough with the fucking food talk. Christ. It was once funny and kinda irreverent and now it’s so played out.

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
This was the last time I remember them excitedly talking about a game and actually having a discussion without poor forced humor and all that bullshit.

Doom 2016

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Seriously fucking why is the stream such shit quality? It's never been like this before. I'm watching in 720p and it looks like a bootleg dvdrip.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
So happy that the vlog is back. I love these behind the scenes videos. I kinda wish they would film at the late shows too, but i understand most people want to unwind after working E3.

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
That feel when their E3 after show thing is so bad you can't even shitpost about it on /v/ because there's no threads. I guess people are tired of GB's woke guests. Only 2k people watching the stream too. GB is doing better than ever guys... I swear...

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
On the plus side the vlog's are doing pretty good numbers. Looks like the masses are craving Abby content.