• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
only vaguely aware of their presence
In all seriousness, they both are extremely irritating and incompetent people on a personality driven website. They both have their "unique" qualities that drive most everybody in the previous thread batty.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: Tesseract

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
I'm still on the Giant Bomb train (although I mostly watch the old stuff) and I gotta say, it's so cathartic disussing their content without having to constantly watch what you're saying to not offend someone.

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019
Hadn’t thought about it til it was pointed out here, but yea, wtf is the deal with Alex not in BMB? I wouldn’t want to play that either, but his absence is really just odd.

DangerStepp

Sep 14, 2007
Hadn’t thought about it til it was pointed out here, but yea, wtf is the deal with Alex not in BMB? I wouldn’t want to play that either, but his absence is really just odd.
He probably vehemently refused to be a part of any of that nonsense.

The first episode was like trying to read a damned encyclopedia front to back in a sitting.

Zaffo

Feb 11, 2018
ehhhhhhhhh ..... maybe in comparison to other hires. Like brap brap ... he can be funny, but I wouldn’t trust him around kids.
He is doing the Giant bomb thing of being a video guy with some interest in games, he is not a Vinny or a Drew by a long shot, but he can be entertaining with his pokemon and foodie nosense.

Last edited:
Reactions: JovianLizards

Pompey

Neo Member
Oct 5, 2019
It feels like Giant Bomb was a project that Jeff had planned on working on for only six years, but ended up staying at it for ten. He and Brad don't seem to care very much anymore and would be more excited to move on to a new project.

Reactions: rofif

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
It feels like Giant Bomb was a project that Jeff had planned on working on for only six years, but ended up staying at it for ten. He and Brad don't seem to care very much anymore and would be more excited to move on to a new project.
I think they’re both too lazy to do anything new. Not sure what kind of deal Jeff got when he sold Giant Bomb. Maybe he’s got enough retirement money to just leave and do nothing.

But, I reckon Brad’s locked in for however long they’ll have him. No ambition.

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
I think that, as most people have observed, the air was let out of Giant Bomb when Ryan died. That dude could host the shit out of every show given to him. He was just one of those irreplaceable personalities. Like I've said before, having Brad host the Bombcast was a terrible idea and along with Ben being there and on everything has led me to not watch much West content anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: BibleBLACKED

Rei no Otaku

Jul 4, 2008
Cranston, RI
I think they’re both too lazy to do anything new. Not sure what kind of deal Jeff got when he sold Giant Bomb. Maybe he’s got enough retirement money to just leave and do nothing.

But, I reckon Brad’s locked in for however long they’ll have him. No ambition.
What other job can Brad get that will allow him to sleep on camera?

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I really don't think Ryan dying was the worst thing to happen to Giant Bomb. It was the sale to CBSi. They went corporate. Jeff having to be in "meetings" and also them having to report to others and have a larger defined structure and basically being Gamespot's B-team in the mind of CBSi. There has been lots of great things over the last 6+ years since Ryan passed. It's the hiring of two unlikable and incompetent people and focusing on millennials twitch streaming demographics which are killing the site.

If they hired someone who didn't have to ask "what's that?" to a reference literally in every piece of content they are in, or if they had someone in place that didn't misspeak every sentence and kill the discussions because of their awkward personality, the site would be honestly back to running on full cylinders and be amazing. They have some good ideas, and the game discussions and series could be amazing if they didn't hire absolute insufferable people.

I have been playing a lot of Red Dead Online the last couple of weeks, first real dip into a Online game, since I never really cared about online death match and was wanting to relisten to some discussions on Red Dead early impressions last year. I ended up getting to a video from Brandon Jones from Easy Allies and his preview event coverage. 45 minutes of well defined thought out discussion about the gameplay he did and saw. It was so refreshing. I wish we had people at Giant Bomb would had that sort of love and articulation about games.

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
I really don't think Ryan dying was the worst thing to happen to Giant Bomb. It was the sale to CBSi. They went corporate. Jeff having to be in "meetings" and also them having to report to others and have a larger defined structure and basically being Gamespot's B-team in the mind of CBSi. There has been lots of great things over the last 6+ years since Ryan passed. It's the hiring of two unlikable and incompetent people and focusing on millennials twitch streaming demographics which are killing the site.

If they hired someone who didn't have to ask "what's that?" to a reference literally in every piece of content they are in, or if they had someone in place that didn't misspeak every sentence and kill the discussions because of their awkward personality, the site would be honestly back to running on full cylinders and be amazing. They have some good ideas, and the game discussions and series could be amazing if they didn't hire absolute insufferable people.

I have been playing a lot of Red Dead Online the last couple of weeks, first real dip into a Online game, since I never really cared about online death match and was wanting to relisten to some discussions on Red Dead early impressions last year. I ended up getting to a video from Brandon Jones from Easy Allies and his preview event coverage. 45 minutes of well defined thought out discussion about the gameplay he did and saw. It was so refreshing. I wish we had people at Giant Bomb would had that sort of love and articulation about games.
Did you see they seemed to have stopped the reaction face thumbnails? I wonder if that was a fight between them and their bosses, whoever they are, cause I don't see Jeff making that decision in the first place.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
Did you see they seemed to have stopped the reaction face thumbnails? I wonder if that was a fight between them and their bosses, whoever they are, cause I don't see Jeff making that decision in the first place.
I didn’t see that. But I haven’t seen any of those thumbnails, I’m assuming it’s only on YouTube right? I only use qlcrew, since it’s actually run by someone who knows how to creat a simple search for a website. How their “engineers” haven’t been replaced by by that one single dude is beyond me. Heck just have the domain forward to that site instead, at least it’s useful

Last edited:

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
I didn’t see that. But I haven’t seen any of those thumbnails, I’m assuming it’s only on YouTube right? I only use qlcrew, since it’s actually run by someone who knows how to creat a simple search for a website. How their “engineers” haven’t been replaced by by that one single dude is beyond me. Heck just have the domain forward to that site instead, at least it’s useful
Yeah, it was the free stuff only. Now it's gone, thankfully.

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
>dan and his wife getting triggered about Kindergarten Cop 2 because they make fun of a bunch of upper middle class liberal retarded shit like being gluten free and eating tofu
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT THE FUCK STOP MAKING FUN OF MEATLESS MONDAY AND LIBERAL HIPPIES

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
Dan's so stupid he didn't know that hamburgers and steak came from the same animal. He's not smart enough to get offended.

pochepiller2

Neo Member
Aug 4, 2019
I like the genuine cheerful mood of Dan, I hate that he is so eager to display his ignorance. Dan should always have his phone open on a wiki page so he doesn't sound so stupid.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: brap

Richard Packer

Gold Member
May 22, 2019
I like the genuine cheerful mood of Dan, I hate that he is so eager to display his ignorance. Dan should always have his phone open on a wiki page so he doesn't sound so stupid.

The RE4 playthrough was a real eye opener. Not only did he display his sheer stupidity when it comes to anything a 5th grader should know. His constant praise of Abby doing anything showed how inept he is at games. It's a miracle he's not working at McDonald's.

He's still entertaining. But fuck man. Not only is he really stupid, he's also really shit at games too.

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Dan's so stupid he didn't know that hamburgers and steak came from the same animal. He's not smart enough to get offended.
He's so stupid that he actually likes John Oliver and Stephen Colbert. I mean I still like Dan but saying some movie is for old conservative white guys just because it thinks gender neutral bathrooms are stupid along with some dumb food stuff is just retarded.