• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

Pompey

Neo Member
Oct 5, 2019
I still don’t understand why SHE is the one hosting the podcast. Like why isn’t Dan, or Alex or even Matt or Jeff, basically everyone who has a THOUSAND times more experience with podcasts. Why give that responsibility to the most childish and immature person on the team?

I think Jeff B was going to be the host for those couple of weeks, but Abby asked if she could host. In one of the pods she thanked him for some like that. I didn't listen to either of those pods so I am not totally sure. It's not like Jeff B or Alex was going to take a stand and say no to Abby.

Last edited:

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
Huh... I can post again on the GB site/forums. guess it was a temporary ban. I would have really liked to have a warning first, or even a notification saying I was banned temporarily and when it was going to be lifted.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Huh... I can post again on the GB site/forums. guess it was a temporary ban. I would have really liked to have a warning first, or even a notification saying I was banned temporarily and when it was going to be lifted.
Maybe they’re reading this thread and taking notes?

Nah. That would require some level of intelligence.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
Maybe they’re reading this thread and taking notes?

Nah. That would require some level of intelligence.
True.

Anyways, I hope Extra Life is good this year, I'm finally in the mood to watch some people play games. I still think 2013 was the best year for Extra Life. Them playing tons of Windjammers, Sega CD Make My Videos, Streets of Rage 2 playthrough... It was so good. I really hope they just stick to games mostly and don't waste time with watching Blizzcon for several hours like they did last year. What a boring point that was. I remember just turning the stream off and playing Red Dead 2 instead.

BibleBLACKED

Mar 20, 2017
Don't do any reviews for months and of course all of a sudden Jeff reviews CoD. xD

Edit: Nevermind apparently they did Control and Gears 5...so 2 whole reviews after Anthem in March.

Last edited:

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
Don't do any reviews for months and of course all of a sudden Jeff reviews CoD. xD

Edit: Nevermind apparently they did Control and Gears 5...so 2 whole reviews after Anthem in March.
Yeah, 3 reviews in a week. Pretty cool I guess. I like reading their thoughts on games, but it's much more of an added bonus than anything else. Reviews with scores for games are utterly pointless, and the entire year for Jeff has been dealing with pregnancy and a baby behind the scenes, so he really hasn't had much time to deal with the site and they have said reviews are pretty much just an afterthought for the site at this point. They don't really serve any purpose since they talk about games multiple weeks straight the the site for hours and hours. I did like the Podcast format for reviews with a written companion piece. I am bummed they got rid of that idea so quickly.

I think Jeff views reviews more as tradition than anything else. I do too, when I write reviews its more to just get my thoughts down and move on, but I discuss games on my podcast much more thoroughly in audio than written.

Reactions: BibleBLACKED

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I can see GB's top 3 for GOTY being
Outer Worlds
Control
Resident Evil 2 Remake

Honestly it's just been super weak for the year for games outside of like 3 or 4 "Big" games, and a small handful of smaller, indie games. I actually had a really hard time building my list of top 10 for the year. It's 2014 all over again. The decent games that would normally hover around 5-7 in other years, are getting top spots because it's just not very strong.

My personal top 3 right now are
Toejam and Earl Back in the Groove
Division 2
Control

Control being a game I really enjoyed but not even that crazy for. It was good, but not flat out absolutely amazing.

BibleBLACKED

Mar 20, 2017
Considering the only single player games I will have finished this year will be Devil May Cry V and Death Stranding I couldn‘t put anything else on my top list outside of Fortnite, Overwatch and...

Yeah looking back I hardly bought any new games released this year, just older games on sales and barely any indies, cause I am drowning in them already through ps plus and free epic store games. Oh and twitch prime gave me a ton of them too.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
Considering the only single player games I will have finished this year will be Devil May Cry V and Death Stranding I couldn‘t put anything else on my top list outside of Fortnite, Overwatch and...

Yeah looking back I hardly bought any new games released this year, just older games on sales and barely any indies, cause I am drowning in them already through ps plus and free epic store games. Oh and twitch prime gave me a ton of them too.
I feel like every single twitch or epic game store game I've gotten for free, I've already owned on Steam most of them years ago. The only one I didn't have was Tumbleweed Park, mainly because I didn't want it at all, and I'll probably never play it, but hey, it was free I guess.

Reactions: BibleBLACKED

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
They’ll push Goose Game for GotY.
Seeing as the entire West crew couldn't get passed the first level, I doubt it. I could see Abby getting it at 10 just because she'll complain and throw a tantrum until she gets her way. I'm calling it now, her winning argument will be "I don't know, I just know it's very good and that goose... um... what do you call it?.... (Dan in the background 'ANIMATION!')... oh yeah, the ani...mation is very good!"

• LOL
Reactions: Scopa

PalmTreeCorpse

Neo Member
Oct 5, 2019
Seeing as the entire West crew couldn't get passed the first level, I doubt it. I could see Abby getting it at 10 just because she'll complain and throw a tantrum until she gets her way. I'm calling it now, her winning argument will be "I don't know, I just know it's very good and that goose... um... what do you call it?.... (Dan in the background 'ANIMATION!')... oh yeah, the ani...mation is very good!"
"It's very cohesive."

• LOL
Reactions: JovianLizards

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
“I think it’s very good. I think it’s very satisfying. I think it’s very aesthetic.”
"I don't know, I just know that it's very good. It also looks very good. It's got a good aesthetic and it looks good. I like the writing, It's good. The voices and writing are good. I don't know. It's just very good and it's aesthetic is very good. I like the art style and the aesthetic is very good. But you know what is the best part of the whole thing? Is that it has good writing, oh and the aesthetic is good... oh and man, that art style is very good too!"

Ugh... typing that out hurt my brain. I don't understand how someone can talk so much, and yet say absolutely nothing.

PalmTreeCorpse

Neo Member
Oct 5, 2019

"There's more cohesion I feel like in Zelda."

Coming up for this year's GOTY discussion: "Y'all... FIFA '19 is not good to women. There's like zero female characters in it. It's not very cohesive either."

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind

"There's more cohesion I feel like in Zelda."

Coming up for this year's GOTY discussion: "Y'all... FIFA '19 is not good to women. There's like zero female characters in it. It's not very cohesive either."
Lol, Dan looks like he’s about to pick up a sharp object and go postal.

You can almost hear the testicles getting sucked out of the room. Stand up for yourselves, you pathetic excuses for men.

PalmTreeCorpse

Neo Member
Oct 5, 2019
Lol, Dan looks like he’s about to pick up a sharp object and go postal.
It's moments like this when you can tell that Dan's not as dumb as he would like everyone to think he is. Her nonsense actually hurts his brain. (I mean, the dude basically got the same degree as Abby without putting any effort into it.)

Remeber Patrick saying ostensibly every couple of words?
Yeah, he ostensibly seemed very smart. With Abby it's extra funny because it's clearly a reaction to the critique that she can't express her opinions about games very well. "Guess I'll google some words and use them instead of 'good' and 'bad' every so often."

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Yeah, he ostensibly seemed very smart. With Abby it's extra funny because it's clearly a reaction to the critique that she can't express her opinions about games very well. "Guess I'll google some words and use them instead of 'good' and 'bad' every so often."
I can’t remember it off-hand, but Alex has this as well. “Go-to words to make me look intelligent” that he overuses to ridiculous degrees.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
52 minutes of Call of Duty 16 talk. Fucking yawn.

I wish the giddy schoolgirl that Jeff becomes at the release of a new CoD would devote as much time and enthusiasm to a new Zelda or Mario or any other quality game release instead of hurrying the discussion along with undisguised disdain.

Fucking dumbass dudebro.

Reactions: ElKabong and rofif

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
52 minutes of Call of Duty 16 talk. Fucking yawn.

I wish the giddy schoolgirl that Jeff becomes at the release of a new CoD would devote as much time and enthusiasm to a new Zelda or Mario or any other quality game release instead of hurrying the discussion along with undisguised disdain.

Fucking dumbass dudebro.
>zelda
>mario
>quality
pick one. also you sound like movieblob.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
>zelda
>mario
>quality
pick one. also you sound like movieblob.
You wouldn’t know a quality game since you are 12 years old.

How’s Fortnite brap?

EDIT: Also, who’s movieblob? Is that a Minecraft streamer?

Last edited:
Reactions: KingMoron

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Idk haven't played since january. How's Horizon Zero Dawn with a Zelda skin?
If you relate Zelda to Horizon ever again, I’ll eat your children.

P.S. I skipped PlayStation this generation. As well as Xbox. Big steaming pile of meh. Switch and PC, Master Race for me.

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
You’re dead to me.
Grow up and stop playing baby games. Why do nintoddlers like recycled garbage? First Hyrule Warriors and now BOTW??? I guess it's ok when nintendo does it!!!

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
I'm trying so hard not to enter this pathetic excuse for a debate, but I can't keep completely quiet. All I'll say is....

"TFW you think Breath of the Wild and big asses are top tier."

KingMoron

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2018
If you're a grown are man gushing over Nintendo shit, you should probably be hanging out on Reeeeee's private discord.....just sayin.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: VedderOA