• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

Toaster man

Jul 16, 2020
Giantbomb is on track for a stellar 2021.

-Abby out
-Red ventures as a new strategic partner ready to kickstart the engine of creativity
-Biden victory allowing crew to kick their trump derangement and focus in on gaming
-Dr.fauci predicting vaccine by April. The boys will be back in the studio by June.
-New consoles are going to make them fall in love for gaming all over again.
-Dan and Abby replacements will be hired by Q2. I bet vinny and Alex are having some intense meetings right now. I’m sure they have a “war room” stocked with binders of gamings best and brightest to recruit.

2021 may be their best year since hiring Dan.

balls of snow

Oct 13, 2020
Listening to the beastcast for a while now..I never liked Abby and glad she got the boot...bring on some real fem gamers..they exist im sure, whats good games has a ton of them

vip3r

Aug 22, 2020
Been following them since 09..no hyberbole she is their worst hire...
Have you been introduced to Ben Pack?

I think Abby could have been better if they had the balls to check her when she was biting off more than she can chew.

There is no scenario in which Ben doesn’t sound like nails on a chalkboard. Even if he’s silent, he’s still hideous. For Giant Bomb standards he’s hideous!

Evil Calvin

Aug 23, 2017
Honestly not a huge fan of Abby but she brought something to the table to balance it out. Not my cup of tea but mad props for the cast crew giving a semi gaming outsider a place on a gaming podcast. I think its professional that she made the decision to break away during the merger and I can't fault her for trying to land something on the small fame bump she got while working with Giant Bomb.
I'm all for bringing an outsider in but it's been terrible for 3+ years and brought nothing new to the group. No new views or games (unless it's Nancy Drew, The Sims or Fortnite). Fuck Her!

Reactions: Mushoomba

balls of snow

Oct 13, 2020
Have you been introduced to Ben Pack?

I think Abby could have been better if they had the balls to check her when she was biting off more than she can chew.

There is no scenario in which Ben doesn’t sound like nails on a chalkboard. Even if he’s silent, he’s still hideous. For Giant Bomb standards he’s hideous!
Ben at least can articulate why he likes what he likes and apparently is decent at games. As for how he talks, well I never listen to the podcast with earphones, nope its not happening..tv speakers is bearable though.

Abby however just shits on games she doesnt get or understand. I remember she never gave Witcher 3 a chance because of buck naked Geralt and Yen and Im like..🙄

TeezzyD

Fantastik Tuna
Mar 18, 2020
Ben at least can articulate why he likes what he likes and apparently is decent at games. As for how he talks, well I never listen to the podcast with earphones, nope its not happening..tv speakers is bearable though.

Abby however just shits on games she doesnt get or understand. I remember she never gave Witcher 3 a chance because of buck naked Geralt and Yen and Im like..🙄

Lmaooooo wuutttt

😂😂

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019
So I finally listened to the Beastcast segment where they talk about the Abby shit canning.

She literally asks for people to hit her up regarding job leads. Her last day coincides with the same last day with everyone else who is laid off. She feels the need to awkwardly underscore that she is CHOOSING to leave.

Could this be any more transparent? She got laid off. Own it. It's so painfully awkward listening to her try to save face.

whattheduck

Sep 17, 2020
Did anyone here read The Madness of Crowds by Douglas Murray? Do you recall that part where he talks about the innate power that women have over almost every man that modern society never acknowledges, i.e. the power to be a flirtatious distraction that can ultimately cause the structure of families or even businesses to be torn apart? Mary Kish strikes me as someone who has perfected this art - being the charming and suggestive fox who enioys the double pleasure of being a typical victim-laden feminist while also making every man she knows gulp when they see her in a room.

I'm not bashing her for it though. It's just one of those funny little tautologies we have to deal with, "treat me like anyone else you bigot, and watch me play games and lay down with my legs exposed in a teasing position." But still, Mary is a thousand times more likeable because she doesn't wear goofy bright coloured glasses and have a dozen childish drawings on her body. I can't stand the trend of modern progressive women who are in arms race to make their body look like the back of every bored high schoolers textbook. But I suppose immodesty is SuBmERsIvE 😐

Last edited:

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
May 9, 2006
Maine
I was just banned for the comments I made on Thursday night about Abby leaving. I didn't think I sounded hateful at all, but I was labeled a misogynist in the ban. WTF.

I don't think they understand what that means. Criticism does not equal misogyny. The place is rotten.

HotPocket69

Ubergender - contains all other genders
Oct 10, 2018
Fl
I was just banned for the comments I made on Thursday night about Abby leaving. I didn't think I sounded hateful at all, but I was labeled a misogynist in the ban. WTF.

I don't think they understand what that means. Criticism does not equal misogyny. The place is rotten.
You sound pretty upset about not being a part of that community anymore.

• Fire
Reactions: TheBigG753

bender

Bending Rodríguez (22, 1,729)
Apr 12, 2010
I think it is a safe bet of jumping before pushed.
Doubtful. I'm not sure we've heard but if there was any severance involved for this round of layoffs, jumping would negate that and would also have implications on her ability to drawn unemployment. Some companies looking to shed headcount will incentivize employees to accept early retirement but I don't think we've heard any grumblings of this so the more likely scenario is she is just putting a positive spin on the news.

Randomness:

-It's poor form to celebrate someone getting laid off regardless of how you feel about them.
-With Red Venture cutting so many employees, I don't see why people are discussing replacements as there is little chance of new hires coming any time soon. She was a producer and that position is super redundant within the crew (Jan, Jason, Vinny, Abby)

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Aug 23, 2017
Listened to the 1st half of the new GBeastcast today and thought it was amusing that Abby actually played a new game when the shit was about to hit the fan. Maybe she was feeling pressure from the buyout and felt compelled to actually do her job. She actually played Baldur's Gate 3 and offered actual insight to her time on the game. SHITWIT!! IF YOU WOULD HAVE DONE THAT FROM DAY ONE, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN CANNED!! Ha ha ha! See ya!

Evil Calvin

Aug 23, 2017

Since when did Reddit become Resetera? I was banned at both a long while ago.