• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

HotPocket69

Ubergender - contains all other genders
Oct 10, 2018
Fl
I actually like Ben when he's picking apart game mechanics instead of trying to be funny.
The one thing I’ll give him credit for was his defense of Persona 5 during the GOTY talks. He did his homework explained shit coherently and yet it still didn’t make the list.

Dream Daddy forever, motherfuckers 🥳

brap

Jan 9, 2018
Damn, I was trying to find all those clips of thicc brad and jasons wife reading the offensive donation comments but I guess it got taken down.

• LOL
Reactions: O-N-E

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Dude she has a fucking fivehead AND it looks like she’s already sorta prematurely balding 🤣

How can anyone find that appealing

Reminded me to check, and I completely forgot, Louis released his new standup, 'Sincerely Louis CK' in April. "If you ever ask somebody, may I jerk off in front of you? And they say yes, just say, are you sure..."

Small Change

Jul 17, 2020

I don't know what you mean
With hilarious and fresh comedy stylings such as these I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of Abby content in the future. It's like she saw some stand up from women comics who did the whole "talk about bodily functions for shock value" shtick that was everywhere in the 90s and quadrupled down on it. I do wonder if her GB cheerleaders will follow her to Twitch or if she ends up at another website.

HotPocket69

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
With hilarious and fresh comedy stylings such as these I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of Abby content in the future. It's like she saw some stand up from women comics who did the whole "talk about bodily functions for shock value" shtick that was everywhere in the 90s and quadrupled down on it. I do wonder if her GB cheerleaders will follow her to Twitch or if she ends up at another website.

Business inquiries: abbyrussellcomedy@gmail.com

• LOL
Reactions: TeezzyD

TheBigG753

Aug 4, 2011
Pennsylvania
The one thing I’ll give him credit for was his defense of Persona 5 during the GOTY talks. He did his homework explained shit coherently and yet it still didn’t make the list.

Dream Daddy forever, motherfuckers 🥳
GOTY brought out the worst in Abby (and she's not alone in that) but it's probably the only time I can stomach Ben; Disco Elysium last year as well. Gotta give him credit for coming prepared and bringing something to the discussions; granted, they all should be doing that anyways at a minimum, but they don't.

HotPocket69

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
GOTY brought out the worst in Abby (and she's not alone in that) but it's probably the only time I can stomach Ben; Disco Elysium last year as well. Gotta give him credit for coming prepared and bringing something to the discussions; granted, they all should be doing that anyways at a minimum, but they don't.
Yeah Elysium was another one where he put in the work

Fuck I need to play that. When is it coming to consoles?

Mushoomba

Aug 15, 2020
I wonder if he got this job through Will Smith via Adam Savage then
That's most likely. Drew was the only hire without any sort of connection to the site. Everybody else was either already friends with them or had friends in common.

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
Whoops

Don’t even remember what I said 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Edit: Nevermind, found it

Pretty sure this was in response to him gushing over that Genshin Impact trash ☺
I swear they all started going down after Ryan died.
Lol I had no idea You can't even see tweets if someone blocks you. That is so funny

Jul 13, 2020
I canceled my sub last year so I can't relive one of my favorite GB moments. On a Jackbox stream, they were playing the game where you get points by writing the funniest punchline. Vinny, Austin, and Danika were putting up numbers, and Abby was in dead last. Austin looked her in the eyes and flatly said "I thought you said you were a comedian." She quipped back at him but was mopey for the entire rest of the stream. Brilliant. I didn't watch it until after her GOTY debacle so it was nice to see someone actually take her down a peg.

Toaster man

Jul 16, 2020
That's most likely. Drew was the only hire without any sort of connection to the site. Everybody else was either already friends with them or had friends in common.
Drew worked out well and became a personality loved by most of the fan base.

So of course they go back to hiring from their friends circle. Amazing.

(I have no idea how well Austin and Dan were friends with GB staff tbh)

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014

Dan was on a few E3 shows with the crew in 2011 ish, he was known to them already

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
"Yeah I did a couple of open mics... I'm a comedian"
Exactly. Crafting and promoting fake qualities or talents is near second nature for younger people wrapped up by and obsessed with social media poison. It's what used to be called a poser, and was endlessly mocked. Now it's just accepted that 90% of the image built is total horse shit and these circles go along with it because it's part of the virtual social life they've created. It's as sorry as leaving your cheap out of tune guitar leaning against the wall, strapping a long board to your backpack or letting your little 125cc dirt bike rust on the street, all to project a false image. Don't dare challenge someone on their qualifications though, or the holy hell of internet finger wagging is heading your way.

If I play drop in baseball games and hoop, I'm not an athlete.
If I have a kazoo and bagpipes, I'm not a musician.
If I wear adult diapers and a helmet, I'm not an astronaut. I'm a pants shitting retard.

Flying Toaster

Gold Member
Apr 7, 2011
Exactly. Crafting and promoting fake qualities or talents is near second nature for younger people wrapped up by and obsessed with social media poison. It's what used to be called a poser, and was endlessly mocked. Now it's just accepted that 90% of the image built is total horse shit and these circles go along with it because it's part of the virtual social life they've created. It's as sorry as leaving your cheap out of tune guitar leaning against the wall, strapping a long board to your backpack or letting your little 125cc dirt bike rust on the street, all to project a false image. Don't dare challenge someone on their qualifications though, or the holy hell of internet finger wagging is heading your way.

If I wear adult diapers and a helmet, I'm not an astronaut. I'm a pants shitting retard.
But you would be a super interesting person to have a beer with.

Jun 26, 2020
I canceled my sub last year so I can't relive one of my favorite GB moments. On a Jackbox stream, they were playing the game where you get points by writing the funniest punchline. Vinny, Austin, and Danika were putting up numbers, and Abby was in dead last. Austin looked her in the eyes and flatly said "I thought you said you were a comedian." She quipped back at him but was mopey for the entire rest of the stream. Brilliant. I didn't watch it until after her GOTY debacle so it was nice to see someone actually take her down a peg.
Jeff B has hit her with that line twice on the podcasts and she gets huffy about it every time

Mushoomba

Aug 15, 2020

Dan worked at Game Informer and had already been a guest on the E3 podcasts.

Austin I’m not sure but he was already writing reviews and was part of some circles Alex and Patrick were in.

Harts316

Dec 9, 2012

Remember that excruciating time period when she was doing characters on the podcast? I really believe she had a fantasy of hitting it big after landing a job at a company owned by CBS.

She is what drove me away, but I couldn’t imagine going back to that place and giving them money. It’s forever tainted. What bothers me is that those guys willingly traded in their audience of loyal fans for the pathetic losers inhabiting the sub reddit.

Last edited:

Toaster man

Jul 16, 2020
Remember that excruciating time period when she was doing characters on the podcast? I really believe she had a fantasy of hitting it big after landing a job at a company owned by CBS.

She is what drove me away, but I couldn’t imagine going back to that place and giving them money. It’s forever tainted. What bothers me is that those guys willingly traded in their audience of loyal fans for the pathetic losers inhabiting the sub reddit.
When was she doing voices? I have seen her dear abby show. I hope its not like that.

waylo

Jan 7, 2018
I recall her doing a British character. I may be wrong though, I've tried to block it out of my memory.

For awhile I still listened to the Beastcast and would just zone the fuck out any time she would start talking because every conversation would someone steer towards Nancy Drew or The Sims. I've not actively listened to it though in probably a year and a half at this point. Between her and Alex just being an absolute bore, I just couldn't handle it anymore.