• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

Mushoomba

Aug 15, 2020
From what I’ve been reading, the whole story about Abby’s VR headset is hilarious. Instead of checking first with her co-workers at GB who probably know more than her, or talking with her other co-worker who is a tech guy from Cnet, she decided to go on her own and bought a Rift S when a better Quest 2 was already out. But as if that wasn’t dumb enough already, she bought a refurbished Rift S with one side of the headphones broken, so her solution was to just turn the computer speakers up to make up for it.

If she’s already like this while working with other people who could help her, imagine how she’s going to be after she lefts GB and starts doing Twitch streaming on her own.

edit: speaking of Twitch, she’s streaming Fortnite now for around 150 people. Not as many simps as expected.

Last edited:

Rei no Otaku

Jul 4, 2008
Cranston, RI
The Carmen Sandiego video is filled with some dumb Abby shit.

"What does gumshoe mean?
"What language do they speak in Peru?"

Also there is clearly tension between Bakalar and Abby. He was so tired of her during the Jackbox video.

KiNeMz

Aug 6, 2019
The Carmen Sandiego video is filled with some dumb Abby shit.

"What does gumshoe mean?
"What language do they speak in Peru?"

Also there is clearly tension between Bakalar and Abby. He was so tired of her during the Jackbox video.
I need to see this. Any links?

Reactions: TeezzyD

waylo

Jan 7, 2018
From what I’ve been reading, the whole story about Abby’s VR headset is hilarious. Instead of checking first with her co-workers at GB who probably know more than her, or talking with her other co-worker who is a tech guy from Cnet, she decided to go on her own and bought a Rift S when a better Quest 2 was already out. But as if that wasn’t dumb enough already, she bought a refurbished Rift S with one side of the headphones broken, so her solution was to just turn the computer speakers up to make up for it.

If she’s already like this while working with other people who could help her, imagine how she’s going to be after she lefts GB and starts doing Twitch streaming on her own.

edit: speaking of Twitch, she’s streaming Fortnite now for around 150 people. Not as many simps as expected.
That's what she'll stay at. 200ish simps filling the chat with fake laughter and encouragement while she stinks up whatever game she is playing.

I saw they did some Jackbox stuff and winced, but I might check it out of Bakalar is there throwing shade at this useless bitch.

Edit -

Already triggered by her constantly having to pull up her sleeves to show off her shitty doodle tattoos. We get it Abby, you have tattoos. You're so cool and hip.

Last edited:
Reactions: brap and Here

Here

Feb 22, 2020
So in the JackBox thing, Abby had to make them guess something using limited words. One of the hints she gave was along the line of "Something gargantuan". Jeff B. then guessed "Abby's ego".
Did this dense broad get the hint? Or rather, WILL this dense broad get the hint?

KiNeMz

Aug 6, 2019
ok i watched the start of a jackbox stream, the first thing out jeffs mouth was "I wish i bought a quest"

waylo

Jan 7, 2018
They're playing Jackbox and it asks a question about if the bathroom line is too long, what do you do? Jan gives a really good callback to Dan going in through the exit. Actually clever, funny, and pertinent to the site. Meanwhile, Abby unsurprisingly makes another basic shit joke. Man, her talent is going to sorely be missed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebo and Mushoomba

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Jeff cracking the rage seal on years of dealing with that scatophiliac phony hack - beautiful.

When the computer was matched with her on a game due to an odd number of players, and the computer won the crew and audiences vote - how perfect.

She's worse than a child. Shit in a thimble, shit in a hand, dick jokes etc. Group decides to quit a lame game - "I was winning but fine whatever". Restarts another game "Oh, I was VIP, fine". Calling Ben butthurt because he didn't win, when she's been pouting the last 90 minutes. The whole stream was one pathetic display after another, just unreal.

And what's up with that massive gallon water jug she kept choking on? Ever hear of a cup?

I bet she's moving back in with her parents like any good millennial after realizing she can't afford $2k/month rent in Brooklyn after being laid off in a pandemic with a miserable personality like hers.

I hate myself for thinking about this, I'm just baffled how some people live.

DangerStepp

Sep 14, 2007
Thank you for interrupting Jeff Bakalar amidst his briefing on the new videogame console on your videogame podcast to express how disillusioned and out of sorts you are on when said new videogame console is being released due to the upcoming national popularity contest.

I'd be out of my gourd to expect a videogame podcast to not trail off into politics while discussing videogame consoles.

God knows I don't hear about it anywhere else.

Jun 26, 2020
But as if that wasn’t dumb enough already, she bought a refurbished Rift S with one side of the headphones broken, so her solution was to just turn the computer speakers up to make up for it.
oh god that's pretty hilarious. that's some toddler-esque/childish shit she's doing to justify that she didn't fuck up miserably. *see! it still works*

Lol. Bens clue was , They are more famous than Abby Russell' Jeff says. "Literally Anyone" rofl. The burns
We don't deserve Jeff.

Oct 18, 2020
People are over exaggerating the Jeff vs. Abby thing lmao. Bakalar is a beautiful troll and some people are very thin skinned. But to be fair, I'd be pretty fucking livid/on edge too if a venture capitalist laid me off and people celebrated me leaving. Obviously those white knighting don't have it in them to provide her with even their pennies, because otherwise I wouldn't beg for a job on twitter of all places.

Evil Calvin

Aug 23, 2017
They're going to have to hire someone to manage all the emails since Jeff's mentioned it takes several hours out of his day /s
Why? They barely read any emails at all and barely any of THOSE are about Videogames. Most are irrelevant crap or about food. The Abbycast only reads ones about food. They suck.

Evil Calvin

Aug 23, 2017
Jeff cracking the rage seal on years of dealing with that scatophiliac phony hack - beautiful.

----------Yes if was obvious over the last year for sure. But those tweets by both of them are quite amazing. And she said 'That's why I quit bitch'. UH YOU WERE FIRED ANY EVERYONE KNOWS IT!! BITCH!!!

I bet she's moving back in with her parents like any good millennial after realizing she
can't afford $2k/month rent in Brooklyn after being laid off in a pandemic with a miserable personality like hers.

-----------Yes, she's going to have issues as if she moves anywhere that is not in a big city she will be screwed as she never learned how to drive a car. She's like 28 and can't drive? How does she go on vacations?

Last edited:

Toaster man

Jul 16, 2020
Why? They barely read any emails at all and barely any of THOSE are about Videogames. Most are irrelevant crap or about food. The Abbycast only reads ones about food. They suck.
At this point I wouldnt mind if the email segment went away or became a semi regular thing on both podcasts. I think it just pads out the length at this point .

Billethebobbet

Neo Member
Jan 2, 2020
People are over exaggerating the Jeff vs. Abby thing lmao. Bakalar is a beautiful troll and some people are very thin skinned. But to be fair, I'd be pretty fucking livid/on edge too if a venture capitalist laid me off and people celebrated me leaving. Obviously those white knighting don't have it in them to provide her with even their pennies, because otherwise I wouldn't beg for a job on twitter of all places.
Yeah, it's kinda telling that a lot of people here have no idea that friends rib each other mercilessly.

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Haven’t been following lately. Did I miss anything good?
Abby's still a dumbass, bought a busted Oculus Rift over a Quest 2 and refuses to admit a poor choice. She also won't be able to use it after she "quits" and loses the work PC.
Jeff Bakalar dunked on her stupidity, especially in a Jackbox playdate video, but some here are closet Abby lovers and don't think so.
Alex is a weird dude that got in a tiff with a Google Stadia guy on Twitter over whose product sucks more.
I learned what FTFY stands for.
Politics still sadly get brought up on videogame forum threads.

Your loving and diverse crew at NeoGAF is still here. Well, you said miss and good - ignore all this.

Crumslor

Neo Member
Jul 22, 2020
Nope, she barely watches any movie older than her.

Also, she hates anime and fans of GB. Which makes the situation of a GB fan doing anime fan art of her even more hilarious.
Her ragging on Dan for working less to get basically the same degree in film started reading really (and typically) hypocritical once I realized she's only seen like 3 movies outside of Film and 40s (MacGruber, Annihilation, and probably some shitty art movie IDK).

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TeezzyD

Crumslor

Neo Member
Jul 22, 2020
If anyone is interested in hate-watching some particularly rotten quick looks:

Abby’s Wizard of Legend QL. Just one in a long tradition of roguelites that Abby criticized because “I just never feel like I’m getting better”. No, you’re not. That isn’t the game’s fault. She said this about Dead Cells too, and I expect to hear her say it about Hades.

Brad’s Styx: Shards of Darkness QL. This one is a masterpiece. 30 minutes and zero progress is made. Brad, utterly underprepared, goes on tilt pretty quickly and gets increasingly more panicked as time goes on. He forgets about core stealth mechanics. It’s the first level after the prologue. However, this doesn’t stop he and Jeff from shit-talking the entire stealth genre.

If anyone remembers any other godawful quick looks please share.
Not a Quick Look but the Borderlands 3 Unfinished they did with Abby on point is one of the worst pieces of content I've seen from GB. It was a train wreck that never should've been published.

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Not a Quick Look but the Borderlands 3 Unfinished they did with Abby on point is one of the worst pieces of content I've seen from GB. It was a train wreck that never should've been published.
Oi. That sits high atop the crap heap.

"There's a new Skyrim coming out, right?"
"What are good games you think are funny? I thought Dream Daddy was very funny."
- Abby

Reactions: Crumslor

eot

Apr 13, 2012
Abby's still a dumbass, bought a busted Oculus Rift over a Quest 2 and refuses to admit a poor choice. She also won't be able to use it after she "quits" and loses the work PC.
Why would it only function with the work PC?

Billethebobbet

Neo Member
Jan 2, 2020
That’s the only gaming PC she has with hardware to handle VR. Her own personal computer is an old iMac.
Everyone's business/office round here has bought items for employee's home office, or given items in lieu of payment, which you don't have to account for if you're fired. If you quit of your own accord though, you best believe you're getting an inventory to return. Not sure how many people are quitting in this sort of economic climate though...

She just claimed a £400 chair, I'm guessing she doesn't have to hand that back either.

Either way, she went for a weird choice.

Toaster man

Jul 16, 2020
Well it’s not that much of a loss. If she is going to make a serious run at twitch streaming she is probably going to need to invest in a gaming rig that she can also use her headset with..

Harts316

Dec 9, 2012
Well it’s not that much of a loss. If she is going to make a serious run at twitch streaming she is probably going to need to invest in a gaming rig that she can also use her headset with..
She will just continue to stream the same low spec games she’s been playing for months on the site. Nancy Drew doesn’t really require a big gaming rig.

May 22, 2019
Just caught up on the latest Best of. I can't believe she actually did it. What a magnificent achievement. Abby is an absolute power house. It was a fantastic collection of clips too. Probably the best 'best of' in the series.