• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

Evil Calvin

Aug 23, 2017
There were a few tweets posted here yesterday with Jeff B dunking on Abby and her Rift issues, She got pissed and called him a 'bitch'. The screenshots of those tweets seem to be gone. Why? Did they not happen? Was I drunk?

Javthusiast

Mar 20, 2017
There were a few tweets posted here yesterday with Jeff B dunking on Abby and her Rift issues, She got pissed and called him a 'bitch'. The screenshots of those tweets seem to be gone. Why? Did they not happen? Was I drunk?
I have seen them so... we both were hammered my friend. xD

iconmaster

Jul 18, 2013
Still showing for me:

Why do I get the feeling Abby is joking but Jeff is kind of serious - also lol, you made a shit purchase.. despite not asking anyone for advice and are now salty?

• Fire
Reactions: HotPocket69

Revolutionary

Sep 13, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
As much as I disagreed with and grew to despise Abby's stupid opinions/takes on everything, I can't deny that the Six Crazy Frights series was a lot of fun to watch over the years. Not a lot of virtue signaling in those, just having fun with a bunch of janky horror games. Hope Vinny continues it with someone else next year.

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Six Frights could have been great, but I couldn't get over the ear drum piercing shrieks. She pretty much just ripped off Spookin With Scoops anyway. I did like some of the Deadly Sims stuff, but because of Dan and the banter not her playing with dolls.

Reactions: Mushoomba

Here

Feb 22, 2020
Six Frights could have been great, but I couldn't get over the ear drum piercing shrieks. She pretty much just ripped off Spookin With Scoops anyway. I did like some of the Deadly Sims stuff, but because of Dan and the banter not her playing with dolls.
Part of this series was a circle-jerk.
Abby: "Ain't I good at making Sims or what?"
Everyone else: "Man Abby you so the best! Let's make this a bad segment in our end of year thing that you intend to ruin anyway!"

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Part of this series was a circle-jerk.
Abby: "Ain't I good at making Sims or what?"
Everyone else: "Man Abby you so the best! Let's make this a bad segment in our end of year thing that you intend to ruin anyway!"
Totally. A circle jerk where it's her ego being stroked, and there's no saltine in the middle. Yet another example of her expecting praise and treatment befitting a 6 year old.

An ex of mine wasn't into games much, but was also "good" at making characters on Sims 2. I didn't worship the ground she walked on because of it. I only did that when I fucked up, which thinking about it, was all the time.

Reactions: Here

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014
As much as I disagreed with and grew to despise Abby's stupid opinions/takes on everything, I can't deny that the Six Crazy Frights series was a lot of fun to watch over the years. Not a lot of virtue signaling in those, just having fun with a bunch of janky horror games. Hope Vinny continues it with someone else next year.
Six Crazy Frights could've worked with anyone that could get a bit scared, even Brad though

13 Deadly Sims was great, probably the best content she did, and even that had issues, for example the whole picking the death method, it would sometimes take too long as the game didnt wanna do the kill, it really should've been like Big Brother with audience votes at the end of each episode

Reactions: Villanelle

Toaster man

Jul 16, 2020
mine lapsed very recently too. I barely watched the premium. Stuff I just dont have the time. I will keep listening to the pods though. Although I might just stay through the new consoles and game of the year content.

Turnstyle

May 18, 2009
So we all agree that since she leaves at the end of november the goty talk will 100% still be tainted by her?
I think that whatever GOTY talks there are, they won't be anything like previous formats.

Like others have said, I just don't think the crew have played anywhere near as many new games this year (definitely not to completion). I know there's always a bit of a lull prior to a new gen, but there have still been plenty of games to play.

I could see maybe a podcast dedicated to a recap of the years releases perhaps.

Toaster man

Jul 16, 2020
Hades
Genshin: impact
Final fantasy 7
The last of us 2

Those will easily make the list. I think this year actually might be really interesting. No one huge game except possibly cyberpunk2077 but a lot of dark horse games could make the top ten.

The big problem is I’m going to doubt they bring back the classic format with categories of awards which is way more entertaining and fun than the recap format they have been going with.

ThePhantomPear

Neo Member
Oct 18, 2020
Expect another low-effort GOTY montage/recap or whatever. Except this time they won't even have finished enough games to compile a list and it will be branded "3 games I played this year."

Last edited:

TeezzyD

Fantastik Tuna
Mar 18, 2020

EDIT: This is seriously one of the most insightful conversations I've ever heard on Giant Bomb. I've never heard them go deep like this.

Anything else where they get more cerebral like this? Link me, guys, please!

Last edited:

whattheduck

Neo Member
Sep 17, 2020
1. Hades
2. Rock Band 4
3. Rock Band 3
4. The Sims: Intersectional Fun Pack, Volume. 18
5. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War (thanks, Jeff)
6. Daddy Dating Simulator 2: More Pandering
7. Joe Biden
8. Dota 2 / Destiny 2
9. An outdated blocky borefest from 1983 that Jeff played on stream for 2 and a half hours
10. Some dumbass anime shit

Last edited:

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014
Y'all may laugh but Fortnite technically came out of Beta this year and therefore is feature complete and eligible for GotY

• LOL
Reactions: O-N-E

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
didnt alex say on a beastcast at the start of the month that he didnt think he even has a top 5?
That's sad. I work 40 + plus hours a week doing a job that has nothing to do with games, and I could easily come up with a top five so far. Not to mention stuff like cyberpunk and yakuza 7 still coming out later, there's plenty of good stuff out there if you just take a break from drumming.

Small Change

Jul 17, 2020
So what excuse do we think the people who have been shitting on Dan's Twitch career when Abby has to start doing similar shit to make some money? I don't watch Dan as much as I did due to his aggressive donation stuff but I can't really fault the guy for doing it when that's the culture of a lot of streamers. Now I can't see Abby having people donate to get their name on a can of beer or whatever but she'll need to do some of the stuff people have been complaining about with Dan. I'm guessing that it'll suddenly become fine.

Toaster man

Jul 16, 2020
So what excuse do we think the people who have been shitting on Dan's Twitch career when Abby has to start doing similar shit to make some money? I don't watch Dan as much as I did due to his aggressive donation stuff but I can't really fault the guy for doing it when that's the culture of a lot of streamers. Now I can't see Abby having people donate to get their name on a can of beer or whatever but she'll need to do some of the stuff people have been complaining about with Dan. I'm guessing that it'll suddenly become fine.

If Abby is going to stream Sims and Nancy Drew stuff how successful will she be? Plus her “humor” how big can her simp stable be? Especially over time.

Wow it’s good to see Jeff and brad positive over that new Astro bot. PS5 has given them some new energy. Last bombcast they felt more positive than they have been in a long time.

Small Change

Jul 17, 2020
If Abby is going to stream Sims and Nancy Drew stuff how successful will she be? Plus her “humor” how big can her simp stable be? Especially over time.

Wow it’s good to see Jeff and brad positive over that new Astro bot. PS5 has given them some new energy. Last bombcast they felt more positive than they have been in a long time.
She has plenty of people who seem to be ardent fans of hers but it's hard to know whether that's just people reacting to people they see as being the "other side" disliking her. I'm sure she'll have some people who follow her early one but she's shown at GB that she doesn't have a great head for new content ideas. Love or hate Dan he came up with new shit constantly and I'm guessing that keeps some of his audience engaged. If she wants to make it work I think she's going to have to lean into the Twitch streamer parasocial thing hard which for her fans will be openly talking shit about them while taking their cash.