• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

Jun 26, 2020
I guess even with the Orange Cheeto gone, there is still a lot of work to do.
On his tech pod, Brad said this regarding the onboarding process from the transition to Red Ventures and why he's been so busy/strapped for time.

Corporate onboarding processes is literally just a 1-2 hour presentation where someone reads off a powerpoint or PDF and then they send you the same copy where it's listed for you to see. It couldn't be anymore straight forward and doesn't take more than a day or two to sort out.

Last edited:

Small Change

Jul 17, 2020
What's that, Gerstmann? The come to Jesus you had on the podcast concludes with with revelation that Reagan is in Black Ops in service of the era and they were "just making an 80s game like Vice City"?

The rest of the world that exists outside of San Fransisco were way ahead of you on that one, pal.

Brad Shoemaker was doing everything he could to not puke blood every time "Reagan" was brought up on some content of theirs.

Even the tumor being cut out of Giant Bomb at the end of the month can't help fix this.
Then Ben chiming in with having to "look the other way" on such shocking, awful things in Yakuza like an enemy being referred to as "Hungry, Hungry Homeless" and men and women being given different job/class options. He even started his thought with "this could be down to cultural differences". I can't imagine being A) that fragile and B) dim enough to acknowledge cultural differences that are relatively minor and still letting yourself get offended by them.

After their console launch coverage I tried to give the Bombcast another chance to hear more of their thoughts but they can't help themselves with this shit. We also found out that Abby sometimes eats raw hotdogs from the fridge which is probably not exactly bad for you but it's pretty lazy and disgusting when you can't cook the most basic food item imaginable.

Maiden Voyage

Sep 5, 2014
USA
On his tech pod, Brad said this regarding the onboarding process from the transition to Red Ventures and why he's been so busy/strapped for time.

Corporate onboarding processes is literally just a 1-2 hour presentation where someone reads off a powerpoint or PDF and then they send you the same copy where it's listed for you to see. It couldn't be anymore straight forward and doesn't take more than a day or two to sort out.
1-2 hour on boarding would be great. My company it’s 2-5 days depending on the position.

whattheduck

Sep 17, 2020
Please Activision, let our downtrodden game journos play a CoD campaign as Americas enemies for a change! Don't you know how difficult their lives have been under Orange Man??? (Who is bad)

Just give them ONE game where they can be a Soviet solider and let them live their communist dreams. You'll be guaranteed 9 and 10s from every traditional games media pub.

Harts316

Dec 9, 2012
Please Activision, let our downtrodden game journos play a CoD campaign as Americas enemies for a change! Don't you know how difficult their lives have been under Orange Man??? (Who is bad)

Just give them ONE game where they can be a Soviet solider and let them live their communist dreams. You'll be guaranteed 9 and 10s from every traditional games media pub.
stealth mission to infiltrate a trump rally and sucker punch nazis.

TheBigG753

Aug 4, 2011
Pennsylvania

Maybe all EA Sports games next year will let you take a knee during the anthem. Alex will be able to break away from drumming long enough to write the reviews.

• LOL
Reactions: Mushoomba

Hudo

Jul 26, 2018

I know you jest but I'd actually be pretty into the idea of playing a Wehrmacht soldier during Market Garden or a Japanese Pilot during the attack of Pearl Harbor.

DangerStepp

Sep 14, 2007
Then Ben chiming in with having to "look the other way" on such shocking, awful things in Yakuza like an enemy being referred to as "Hungry, Hungry Homeless" and men and women being given different job/class options. He even started his thought with "this could be down to cultural differences". I can't imagine being A) that fragile and B) dim enough to acknowledge cultural differences that are relatively minor and still letting yourself get offended by them.

After their console launch coverage I tried to give the Bombcast another chance to hear more of their thoughts but they can't help themselves with this shit. We also found out that Abby sometimes eats raw hotdogs from the fridge which is probably not exactly bad for you but it's pretty lazy and disgusting when you can't cook the most basic food item imaginable.
I came back to update my post after I had heard that Ben bit.

Thanks for doing that so I didn't have do.

The amount of worry they dedicate to the most insignificant things sounds absolutely exhausting.

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014
What in the actual fuck?

Assuming they're normal Jar or Frankfurter style ones, they take like 3 mins in a boiling pot of water

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Thought this was a joke at first but I checked and she actually has that on her twitter profile.

Guys, I think we need to lay off of Abby for a bit this is just going to start getting sad (especially as her twitch viewers start dropping.)
Lay off? Who are you and what did you do to the real toaster guy? If anything someone needs to start a legit looking talent scouting email to her discussing how brilliant her butt and shit jokes are.

Jar? As in the container? Am I missing something?
It's a UK thing, you bloody yank, pip pip the queen with hp sauce and so on.

Reactions: Mushoomba

eot

Apr 13, 2012
What in the actual fuck?

Assuming they're normal Jar or Frankfurter style ones, they take like 3 mins in a boiling pot of water
I don't eat hot dogs in general, but I know that on at least some of them it says they're fine to eat as they are. It's not like it's raw meat.

Whether or not it's appetizing is another issue...

BigBooper

Feb 28, 2018
I don't eat hot dogs in general, but I know that on at least some of them it says they're fine to eat as they are. It's not like it's raw meat.

Ever had a Vienna Sausage straight outta the can goop on a saltine cracker with hot sauce? T'is gross.

• LOL
Reactions: SpiceRacz

Evil Calvin

Aug 23, 2017

Hot dogs are fully cooked. It's not bad at all. People need to chill out.

Reactions: eot

Mushoomba

Aug 15, 2020
Don’t know why everyone is so surprised to know Abby is eating entire raw hot dogs. Seems pretty obvious why she’s doing it: to train her gag reflex.

How do you think she will convince someone to give her a new job after her last day at GB? It sure as hell won’t be for her production skills, so it will have to be for her other skills.

KiNeMz

Aug 6, 2019
Don’t know why everyone is so surprised to know Abby is eating entire raw hot dogs. Seems pretty obvious why she’s doing it: to train her gag reflex.

How do you think she will convince someone to give her a new job after her last day at GB? It sure as hell won’t be for her production skills, so it will have to be for her other skills.
Yea she's not gonna let that next job opportunity slip away from her next time.

drganon

Sep 20, 2019

Its comforting to know that despite Abby leaving, Ben will still be there to ruin everything.

• LOL
Reactions: brap

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Aug 30, 2018
EDIT: Ya'll creepy as fuck with this Mary Kish shit; understand liking a public figure but sheesh, ya'll are weird about it

Lucky

All of my onboarding processes are "Hey, now that we bought you out, you get to migrate allllll of your old data into our new systems and help create new work flows around them, since we didn't purchase the licenses from your previous company. We'll need you to work over time for the next couple of weeks to get everything sorted and the business running in the new norm.

Oh, you had PTO already scheduled? Yeah....the OT is mandatory for your department, have fun!"

Last edited:

ThiccKish

Banned
Nov 12, 2020
EDIT: Ya'll creepy as fuck with this Mary Kish shit; understand liking a public figure but sheesh, ya'll are weird about it
Despite what your dad might have told you, being gay is okay mate.

Considering 95% of Giant Bomb content is terrible at the moment (Even The Hotspot was shit this week with the web developer on), I think Mary is a good distraction.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Aug 30, 2018
Despite what your dad might have told you, being gay is okay mate.

Considering 95% of Giant Bomb content is terrible at the moment (Even The Hotspot was shit this week with the web developer on), I think Mary is a good distraction.
I'm just not one to make digital idols of women I find attractive

Or idols for any women, for that matter

Instead of a distraction, why not learn a new skill, or ya know, read, or hit on women that are within your sociosphere?

ThiccKish

Banned
Nov 12, 2020
I'm just not one to make digital idols of women I find attractive

Or idols for any women, for that matter

Instead of a distraction, why not learn a new skill, or ya know, read, or hit on women that are within your sociosphere?
Why bother when I can worship the ground that Kish walks on?

Or why assume a stupid account that's obviously being used for fun is actually representative of my time? It's just GAF m8, shitposting is standard.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Aug 30, 2018
Why bother when I can worship the ground that Kish walks on?

Or why assume a stupid account that's obviously being used for fun is actually representative of my time? It's just GAF m8, shitposting is standard.
I'm not directly pointing at you and saying you're the only one, but just in general with this thread

And probably it's because...you are doing this with your time?
Let me put it this way; sure, sticking your dick in a warm cup of noodles is funny, but after a bit people are gonna find it a bit weird you're spending your time doing that, man

I'm just sayin' a joke can go on for too long, and in the right circumstances, starts to become creepy af man

AJUMP23

Sep 29, 2020
I stopped the Bombcast completely this week. I switched over to Gamers with Jobs. I like Vinnie and Alex and Jeff, so I will still listen to their Beastcast, but I am done with Ben and Jeff. I did enjoy Jan.

Harts316

Dec 9, 2012
I stopped the Bombcast completely this week. I switched over to Gamers with Jobs. I like Vinnie and Alex and Jeff, so I will still listen to their Beastcast, but I am done with Ben and Jeff. I did enjoy Jan.
At least Brad's attempt to criticize Call of Duty's story given "the current political climate" thankfully was shot down. He says they misread how people would react to it. Maybe he should step outside of his bubble and consider that politics doesn't dominate every aspect of most people's minds.

So, 80's America is off limits as a game setting? What about Vietnam - that war is controversial? Or is his criticism that the game is not making a deep commentary reminding the player how evil Republicans are?

He also retreats immediately once Jeff dismisses this nonsense.

His uptalk is getting worse.

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
At least Brad's attempt to criticize Call of Duty's story given "the current political climate" thankfully was shot down. He says they misread how people would react to it. Maybe he should step outside of his bubble and consider that politics doesn't dominate every aspect of most people's minds.

So, 80's America is off limits as a game setting? What about Vietnam - that war is controversial? Or is his criticism that the game is not making a deep commentary reminding the player how evil Republicans are?

Brad always caves in or agrees with whatever Jeff says. The man's got no spine.

AJUMP23

Sep 29, 2020

Does he forget that in the 80s, the majority of Americans loved Reagan?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Jun 7, 2004
Memphis
At least Brad's attempt to criticize Call of Duty's story given "the current political climate" thankfully was shot down.
He must have been talking about how the Obama/Biden Administration is coming back for more turrist dronings and wars in North Africa.

Reactions: Sign

Toaster man

Jul 16, 2020

Yes the uptalk is insane. Once you hear it you can’t stop hearing it and it’s made even crazier by the fact that 10 years ago he didn’t even do it.

I’m still looking forward to GOTY. I’m not sure if it will be “good” but it should be interesting.

I thought this week would be Abby’s last podcast since thanksgiving is next week. Don’t they just record a listener mail segment to air next week?

HotPocket69

Ubergender - contains all other genders
Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Well I broke and gave the latest ‘cast a listen. Skipped right to Yakuza since I’m currently playing it.

Brad uptalk ☑
Ben sounding like he’s gargling cum and poorly explaining Yakuza 7 ☑

Noped out after a couple of minutes

Christ they are horrendous. Any “discussion” is such a zero, non discussion.

Pull the fucking plug already.